• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Life of a Sig Op

How much PT do Sig Ops do in QL3 and after? I've heard about the PT being intense for other trades but wonder what it's like for 215.

For my Res QL3 last summer, we did more PT than we did in BMQ/SQ

My experience was the same as Des's, we did PT at least 3 times a week like clockwork and more upper body PT throughout the day then my BMQ/SQ. The only thing lacking really was ruck marches.

Nothing beats doing PT hungover with 3 hours of sleep the night before and still doing better than 75% of the people.

*Ahem* I've "heard" that PT is actually easier when you're still drunk, as opposed to just hungover.

I wouldn't have any personal experience to back this statement up myself, of course

Damn straight it is. 2 goals playing soccer drunk. Invincible!

"What we Sig's. do!?" Well if we are not training to go over seas, you basically do PT (physical training) in the morning. have an hour after PT to go shower / eat. meet back for road call in the troop room. and then go to the cage and read mags till lunch. After lunch come back for road call and do it all again till 15:45. Home by 16:15. That is, if we are not training. To go over seas.
If you like electronics? / PC's ?/ radios and you like to talk. Then you would probably like being a Sig Op. There is allot of down time but if you are smart you keep your self busy, or look busy. LOL Any more questions just ask me or any of the other helpful people here. By the way i like your pic.

First off i need to say sorry cause i'm a complete noob to this. I just finished all my tests and am waiting for a call back with my swearing in date and Basic Training dates. I am going in for SigOps and i've done a lot of research into the position as well as read everything i could find on this site about SigOps, however i'm still very confused. Can anyone tell me what i can expect to go through from basic training to BMQ to SQ to whatever comes next (kingston i believe)? if anyone could fill me in, i would greatly appreciate it. If it is easier add me to your MSN

Do BMQ, goto PRETC, get sent off for SQ come back to PRETC an do your LS than  get sent to Kingston for your QL3. If you have a few months between courses you cna do OJT/EWAT.

Bail said:
"What we Sig's. do!?" Well if we are not training to go over seas, you basically do PT (physical training) in the morning. have an hour after PT to go shower / eat. meet back for road call in the troop room. and then go to the cage and read mags till lunch. After lunch come back for road call and do it all again till 15:45. Home by 16:15. That is, if we are not training. To go over seas.
If you like electronics? / PC's ?/ radios and you like to talk. Then you would probably like being a Sig Op. There is allot of down time but if you are smart you keep your self busy, or look busy. LOL Any more questions just ask me or any of the other helpful people here. By the way i like your pic.

Bail, you come see me at my cage and I will put you to work.  As long as I'm still in 3 Sqn, I have plenty of work for you and your buddies to do, both before and after Ex Random Victim!  And no, you won't be allowed to sleep in the big plastic Triwalls!

Hello,
I begin basic on May 8th and am going in as a sig op. I am just curious, how much outdoor exercises do Sig ops do while in Kingston after their SQ. and once stationed after trainign, what is the usual outdoor, to indoor work ratio. any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!! :salute:

CEhopeful
At  3 Sqn CFJSR It depends on the time of year.  During the winter months, we tend to do more PT at the gym, and during the summer months, we tend to be outside.  We have PT usually 4 times a week, 0730-0830, and Sports Afternoons usually every second Friday.  Our morning PT can be anything from a Run, to PSP lead circuit training, to Spin classes, to being in the pool, even something left up to a very sadistic and cruel mind!

As for a indoor/ outdoor work ratio couldn't tell you, again, varies from season to season, exercise to exercise...

HEllo,
Thansk for th excellent info. Winter, it is going to be much different in the army then it is as a civvy I am guessing. Thanks again for the info, hope to serve with you one day. Cheers!!! :salute:

Right now at CFSCE, you'll do alot of death by powerpoint so be prepared for it. Usually we wake up at 5:00, do PT, about three inspections per week, and get let off at 16:00. It's a decent trade, just work hard, and listen to what your instructors have to say as well as keeping a sense of humor.

Yes, CFSCE is a great place ... take everything they give you, smile while asking for more, and you'll have an outstanding time..

Take it to the limit... wink..

Out and over.

By the way to anybody going Sig Op your gonna love the spinnergy classes ;)

spinnergy  :threat:

i never thought your legs could burn like that  ;)

Andy_d said:
spinnergy  :threat:

i never thought your legs could burn like that   ;)

Man, I run a lot, but after that one spinergy class.... That lady burned the crap out of me...

Back