• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.

Its the inflexible nature such as Fry has exhibited made me and many others turn away from the Christian faith. I know a few gays and lesbians and they will tell you that you are full of shyte Fry. Being gay is not a choice, its something that they are predisposed to. K did not wake up one moring and decide she liked women, she always knew she liked women. Hello??? Please engage your brain. You are a bigot plain and simple. Too bad for someone so young.

Fry said:
Prehaps I just got a bit fired up, and I apologize. No, homosexuality isn't an illness as such, but in a psyc couse I did, it did talk about a certain part of the brain was reported smaller in homosexuals than in straight people.

Yes and 100 yrs ago, Homosexuality was an illnes that required treatment, and Negroes had smaller brains then White people.....

Time change. So do people and attitudes...

And its only the media that dredges it up over and over again.

Lets go back to the beginning...

Two military members of the same sex got married to each other last month....

SO WHAT? Thousands of other people got married last month too.

Good for them, I hope they are happy....

Now lets lock this crap up.

Fry said:
Prehaps I just got a bit fired up, and I apologize. No, homosexuality isn't an illness as such, but in a psyc couse I did, it did talk about a certain part of the brain was reported smaller in homosexuals than in straight people.

And your point is? The study reference is? The study's conclusions were?

Fry said:
When things like this arise, strongly conflicting with such holy beliefs, it would make one's blood pressure rise, just a little. If gays didn't involve Christianity at all with their marriage, then I wouldn't care one bit. heck, a dude can marry a goat for all I care, but not by a minister or priest.

And with various Christian denominations changing their views on this, we should accept your lone opinion because? Please feel free to speak for yourself, rather than to allude to representing Christianity as a whole. To some, your narrow-minded views might actually be considered unChristian. Please explian how you reconcile this paradox and still claim to uphold such a strong and pure sense of Christian ideals.

Fry said:
Regarding a previous post, people's race shouldn't be brought into this issue. People can't help it if they're black, white, red, brown, tan, anything. But since I was proven earlier that it isn't an illness, then it has to be choice. There's nothing wrong with choice. There is something wrong when thousands of years of beliefs are thrown down the drain when things like this become involved with Christianity.

I believe Infanteer's comments referred to genetic and developmental factors. Please investigate the suggested lines of research before making such statements. Are you speaking just for yourself, or do you presume to represent all 2 billion (+) reported practitioners of Christian faiths? (http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm)

I need to get one more word in.

Fry, don't call Gunner "Dude" - he's not your homeboy and you can show a little respect around here.

Secondly,

Fry said:
But since I was proven earlier that it isn't an illness, then it has to be choice. There's nothing wrong with choice.

As an acquaintance of mine who worked as a youth counsellor said, "I've seen too many kids hang themselves to believe that being gay is a choice".

Think about that, reflect upon why you received your Verbal Warning, and tread lightly.

http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/answers.html

shared with the usualy disclaimers

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2007/10/gaybashing_canadians_face_jail.php

Gay-bashing Canadians face jail terms
Tuesday 02 October 2007

The public prosecution department has asked the courts to jail a 22-year-old Canadian soldier for eight months for beating up a homosexual man in Amsterdam this spring. A second soldier, also 22, faces a six-week sentence. The attack sent out alarm signals about increasing violence against gay people.

has anyone heard anything else about this?
Can they be charged under our laws at all?
I have not read anything about this in any Canadian newspapers

Title edited to better reflect what is currently (not) known

FascistLibertarian said:

Depends on their status. Are they Reg F or Res F members? Are they currently under the Code of Service Discipline? If so there's a couple of service offences that they could see themselves facing. 129, prejudicing good order and discipline, or 93. cruel or disgraceful conduct are the two that come to mind for me.

If jailed, they could see themselves as an administrative burden, and be released from the CF. They could face disciplinary action under the CF.

But before we jump the gun, is this just a couple of guys who got drunk and got into a fight, with someone who happened to be a homosexual? Nothing in the article says they specifically targetted someone based on their sexual preference. This article is very sparse, and I wouldn't come to any conclusions based on so little.

Come on FL, stirring the pot again I see.

Gays get bashed, straights get bashed, people in general get assaulted for all sorts of reasons, usually booze induced.

Some gays guys are big hairy assed monsters, not the stereotyped limp wristed fems. There is two sides to every story, why not post a link to the other side of the story, instead of promoting army beats up gays!

Amsterdam is full of alternate freaks at the best of times.

That article is pretty much 'limp wristed' - doesn't say much at all.

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
There is two sides to every story, why not post a link to the other side of the story, instead of promoting army beats up gays!

Amsterdam is full of alternate freaks at the best of times.

agreed Wes. There's a proportion here. If I got into a fight in Paris, there very well could be headlines that say "Canadian Soldier bashes French Man"

your right wes, all i want to do is convience everyone that the cf is 100% homophobic gay bashers. Im just a troll in search of attention, i dont at all think this is a serious story which deserves a thread here.::)
i didnt post anything else bc i have not been able to find anything else besides this one story from the dutch media.
and while I agree people get beat up and bashed over stuff all the time the issue i would majorly have is if the guy was beaten up because he was gay.

Folks, keep the discussion in line with the original post, and the tempers under control.

FascistLibertarian said:
has anyone heard anything else about this?
I have not read anything about this in any Canadian newspapers

FascistLibertarian said:
your right wes, all i want to do is convience everyone that the cf is 100% homophobic gay bashers. Im just a troll in search of attention, i dont at all think this is a serious story which deserves a thread here.::)

There is nothing to suggest he was attacked because of his sexual preference, e.g. - a hate related crime.

I bet we would not have seen this posted if the word 'gay' was not used.

No tempers flaring, just also going by the diet content of your previous posts.

Wes

Strange - I can't find anything else, either, even on the EC's media monitoring web page.

Methinks that if there was a realistic suggestion that this may have been a hate crime (assault because of gay, rather than assault on someone who we found out later was gay), esp. based on a recommendation by the Dutch prosecution service, Radio Netherlands or other major outlets would have written/broadcast something in English.

Then again, I don't know about NLD media cycles, so who knows if more will come out in later news cycles on other media?

for all we know the gay man could have said something very rude about our current involvement in Afghanistan and deserved a punch in the face........or maybe the gay man came on to the soldier in a way that warrented a beating.

for all we know this could be as much the gay mans fault as the soldiers....I'm going to put money on the fact that the soldier didn't walk up to the man ask if he was gay, got an answer and just started beating him up.

this is just another way the media can tare the names of many good men by posting such garbage.....the storey is one paragraph and only states that a GAY man was beat up because he was gay by a soldier. just because the man was gay does not mean that was the reason for the beating......like i stated earlier, maybe the fight was provoked by the gay man only for the soldier to find out afterwards the man was gay, now the gay man has a crutch to rely on and hide behind his sexuality.

just for the record i dont have a problem with gays, as long as they keep it to themselves. I am just stating very reasonable possibilities

Sig_Des said:
Depends on their status. Are they Reg F or Res F members? Are they currently under the Code of Service Discipline? If so there's a couple of service offences that they could see themselves facing. 129, prejudicing good order and discipline, or 93. cruel or disgraceful conduct are the two that come to mind for me.

You can be sentenced for much more serious offences than these. Assault being one of them.

Shamrock said:
An example being?

i cant give you any personal examples, but i think we could all figure it out?

too some maybe a sexual advance would not justify a beating, but with alcohol in your system and something serious enough might cause it....maybe it was not the best example but who knows it MIGHT be the case.........just a speculation, kind of like this article being a speculation that the man was beat up just because of his sexual preference. i was just throwing out a half assed theory because i believe this article is doing the same. it has no merit, like i said its a paragraph long and people already believe it.

How is this ladies and gents, regardless of who the Canadians may be, servicemen or otherwise, no matter if the victim was of what ever sexual orientation, the fact is assault is assault. There is no excuse for assault here in Canada or in a foreign country. If it was self-deence then it will be different, however, until more info arrises we should stop speculating. This thread could go down really quickly. Maybe it's a better idea if we lock this one up?

mckee19 said:
too some maybe a sexual advance would not justify a beating, but with alcohol in your system and something serious enough might cause it...

Alcohol as a defence? 

And the wrap-up, shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

Dutch court convicts Canadian soldiers of assault, clears them of gay bashing
Canadian Press, 16 Oct 07
Article link

A Dutch court ordered two Canadian soldiers jailed Tuesday for assaulting a homosexual man in Amsterdam, but cleared them of charges of targeting the victim because of his sexual orientation.

The Amsterdam District Court sentenced Eric Wright to five months and Ryan Dowie to 45 days for their roles in the May attack, which was highly publicized in the Dutch news media because it was perceived to be part of an increase of "gay bashing" hate crimes.

The court said prosecutors proved the men, both aged 22, "openly and in unison used violence against the victim and his boyfriend," including stomping on the victim's face so that he suffered a skull fracture and broken nose.

However "the court sees no reason to doubt the declaration of the suspects that they didn't even know the victim and his friends were homosexual until they were informed of this by the police after the incident."

The men said they had called the 28-year-old victim "gay" and "a fag" because he wore military-style "dog tag" identification but wasn't a soldier.

The Canadians were stationed in the Netherlands ahead of a deployment to the country's NATO force in Afghanistan.

now what happens?

kicked out of the forces or does a conviction in another country count?

Back