• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Military Police [MP] Superthread

LunchMeat said:
It's an interview, from a qualified assessor/investigator.

It can typically be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

They will come to you, or you will go to them depending on your proximity to a base and MP unit.

Ok, thanks for the info! Ill be looking forward to it. Trenton is close by  ;)

I just received an email from the recruiting centre with an additional form to fill out titled "Consent to Disclosure of Police Records (CPIC and SAMPIS) for CPAC, MPAC, MPOAC and Disclosure of Current/Previous Employment Information", is that a good sign that I may be receiving a date for my MPAC soon, or is that just another arbitrary form to complete??

Grpyhman78 said:
I just received an email from the recruiting centre with an additional form to fill out titled "Consent to Disclosure of Police Records (CPIC and SAMPIS) for CPAC, MPAC, MPOAC and Disclosure of Current/Previous Employment Information", is that a good sign that I may be receiving a date for my MPAC soon, or is that just another arbitrary form to complete??

Someone correct me if I am wrong. It is my understanding that is the next step after your background check is completed from your recruiting centre, as I have been told from some others in the process. That is also my next step. Also, there is no more MPAC at Borden as a trial this year.

I just recieved that email as well, I am curious how long it will take to complete the last step.

Gazoo362 said:
I just recieved that email as well, I am curious how long it will take to complete the last step.

After you submit that then there is an interview with the MP's.

I am doing VOT this year to MP. I have my BPSO interview next week. But I heard that "MPAC" is no longer done in Borden?  Is it true?

blazer2005 said:
But I heard that "MPAC" is no longer done in Borden? 

Forces.ca

"Following the initial screening, eligible candidates will complete career orientation and aptitude assessment at a Military Police Assessment Centre to ensure that you have a realistic view of the Military Police occupation and the potential to succeed."
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/public-protection/military-police.html#entry

See also,

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/28430/post-838320.html#msg838320

blazer2005 said:
I am doing VOT this year to MP. I have my BPSO interview next week. But I heard that "MPAC" is no longer done in Borden?  Is it true?

Recently they have been doing one on one interviews and not MPAC. 

Just submitted my VOT paperwork, just waiting on the call from the BPSO for an interview here in Toronto.

I've been putting feelers out, trying to do some job shadowing with some of the MP units nearby, ASU Toronto and CFB Borden.  Toronto has no issue with me coming by and speaking to the members in the detachment, but they don't really do the typical day to day stuff that MPs do.  They have a single cruiser their I believe.  The Warrant in Borden deleted my email without reading it hahaha!

So they're no longer doing the MPAC? interesting... probably too expensive overall.

Any insight into the interview with the MP Sgt that CCM81 had?

WEng87 said:
Just submitted my VOT paperwork, just waiting on the call from the BPSO for an interview here in Toronto.

I've been putting feelers out, trying to do some job shadowing with some of the MP units nearby, ASU Toronto and CFB Borden.  Toronto has no issue with me coming by and speaking to the members in the detachment, but they don't really do the typical day to day stuff that MPs do.  They have a single cruiser their I believe.  The Warrant in Borden deleted my email without reading it hahaha!

So they're no longer doing the MPAC? interesting... probably too expensive overall.

I am waiting for my interview as well. I would imagine it is a police style interview 1-3 hours and could cover everything in your entire life such as job history, past/current drug use, past and current bad behaviors as well as what you know about the MP branch of the military etc. Ive just prepared myself for almost any question, just know yourself and  your past well. I have not been able to dig up any specific information so the info I provided is just speculation.

Good luck.

WEng87 said:

Sent you a PM

I have a very broad question for the MPs here. I was speaking with an ex MPO, now a civilian at my unit and we were just chatting about the branch and he was saying that even before he released to take the jammy job that the branch had a bit of an identity crisis. He suspects even more so now with standing up of the Director General of Security, previously stuff done mostly by the Provost Marshall.

I know I'll be asked what I know about what the branch does during my possible interview, I've done tons of research, and there's really not much point. To ask any CF Mbr who is not MP, because we all know the majority of ppl don't seem to like MPs.

Anyways, my question is....  what do you do as an MP, what is your mandate, to you what is the purpose of the branch?

putz said:
Sent you a PM

Might be over stepping or wishful thinking but, anyway I could be a fly on the wall with that PM? I am just waiting for my interview and all prep info would be grateful.

Ben

Bbmoveup said:
Might be over stepping or wishful thinking but, anyway I could be a fly on the wall with that PM? I am just waiting for my interview and all prep info would be grateful.

Ben

Sorry.  That PM was about the authors problems arranging things through the CoC not for the testing.  Only advice that I can give for the interview process is be honest, integrity is huge and without it you have nothing.

WEng87 said:
I have a very broad question for the MPs here. I was speaking with an ex MPO, now a civilian at my unit and we were just chatting about the branch and he was saying that even before he released to take the jammy job that the branch had a bit of an identity crisis. He suspects even more so now with standing up of the Director General of Security, previously stuff done mostly by the Provost Marshall.

I know I'll be asked what I know about what the branch does during my possible interview, I've done tons of research, and there's really not much point. To ask any CF Mbr who is not MP, because we all know the majority of ppl don't seem to like MPs.

Anyways, my question is....  what do you do as an MP, what is your mandate, to you what is the purpose of the branch?

I'll start off saying that most people that don't like MP is due to direct dealing with the member (in a negative light) or through stories (usually exaggerated or out of context) that people have been told.  Identity crisis, a few years ago I would of said yes but now no.  The role of the MP is to provide professional police, security and custody services to the CAF.  For example there we provide security service at all Canadian embassy's, conduct criminal investigations (both under the Criminal Code and the National Defence Act)/policing services, provide detention services at the Canadian Forces Service Prison and Detention Barracks (as well as on deployments), provide security, provide Close Protection and Air Marshal services, Counter intelligence, MP field platoons and I'm sure I'm missing more. 

That being said, the policing side on a base is more in line with town/rural policing not like policing a major cities.  Jurisdiction is a complex issue a quick and by no means comprehensive of what we do have jurisdiction over:

- all members that are subject to the code of service discipline
- members that have release but committed offences under the code of service discipline while in
- all people (including civilians on DND property)
- anything in relation to DND property (including vehicles weapons etc)
- anything with a military nexus (broad and not defined) 

putz said:
I'll start off saying that most people that don't like MP is due to direct dealing with the member (in a negative light) or through stories (usually exaggerated or out of context) that people have been told.  Identity crisis, a few years ago I would of said yes but now no.  The role of the MP is to provide professional police, security and custody services to the CAF.  For example there we provide security service at all Canadian embassy's, conduct criminal investigations (both under the Criminal Code and the National Defence Act)/policing services, provide detention services at the Canadian Forces Service Prison and Detention Barracks (as well as on deployments), provide security, provide Close Protection and Air Marshal services, Counter intelligence, MP field platoons and I'm sure I'm missing more. 

That being said, the policing side on a base is more in line with town/rural policing not like policing a major cities.  Jurisdiction is a complex issue a quick and by no means comprehensive of what we do have jurisdiction over:

- all members that are subject to the code of service discipline
- members that have release but committed offences under the code of service discipline while in
- all people (including civilians on DND property)
- anything in relation to DND property (including vehicles weapons etc)
- anything with a military nexus (broad and not defined)

I agree completely that the only ones that ever bad mouth the MPs are those members who have done something that the MPs had to get involved... or those members who listened to the utter BS that comes from the previous mentioned members.

Thanks a lot Putz!  Great information, I haven't been this excited about my military career in a LONG time... and I'm one of the minority guys who doesn't just see this as a pay check.

lol, they need to embellish that MP Badge though, it seems awfully plain jane ha.

putz said:
Sorry.  That PM was about the authors problems arranging things through the CoC not for the testing.  Only advice that I can give for the interview process is be honest, integrity is huge and without it you have nothing.

No problem! Thanks for the info, agreed integrity is everything.

CCM81 said:
Submitted VOT last July. Initial BPSO interview shortly after.  April "new" MPAC. Offer mid May.

So about a year for the whole process I guess. I put in my OT the minute the CANFORGEN came out this year (August-ish) and did my interview with the BPSO about a week after. Still waiting for the MP interview tho. How long after the interview with the BPSO did you get your MP one?

Back