• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

Colin P said:
untitledoooooooo.jpg

Looks like it would nicely fit the Ross Rifle :)

Weinie said:
Yeah, I'm a little biased.

Watched it bend the sky at a demo last year from Gatineau.

Liar!!  You can't watch it do anything, Trump said it was invisible!  Like ACTUALLY invisible!  Pfftttt... nice try  ;)

Don gave me some special glasses. Do not share this with anyone.

How many of the current bidders would still qualify if they reinstated the float requirement?

Attachments

• Float Voodoo.jpeg
    Float Voodoo.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 102
If that's the case, then I am going to form a company and submit a Canadian made fighter that can use almost any of our lakes as a adhoc airfield. Just needs a wee update, that the taxpayers can pay for after we win the contract.

gvt24dkjqyu11.jpg

SupersonicMax said:
The Sea Dart was legit bad!

I met one of Convairs TPs decades ago and he told me that the pounding at V1 was ludicrous.  They had a special drain in the oxygen mask because the pounding would empty anything in the pilot's sinuses...

Good2Golf said:
I met one of Convairs TPs decades ago and he told me that the pounding at V1 was ludicrous.  They had a special drain in the oxygen mask because the pounding would empty anything in the pilot's sinuses...

I like a good adrenaline rush but no thanks!

Good2Golf said:

That's a feature, not a bug  ;)

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/boeing-would-perform-canadian-super-hornet-final-assembly-in-us

Boeing has confirmed that final assembly in the US vs in Canada. Hopefully the GoC starts realizing you can't ask for everything to be built here.

makes sense.  no point in investing in real estate,training manpower (sorry person power) jigs and all the rest for a small run.  Better to focus on long term investment.

I don't know if that statement was released as a result of some MP's inquiring about the Super Hornet's being assembled here, but if thats the case - it goes to show how dumb some of the MP's actually are  :facepalm:

They have a steady production line already in place, with streamlined practices and a well trained work force.  They have solid orders from the USN not only for the Block 3, but to upgrade Block 2 Hornets when they are doing their SLEP.  This number fluctuates between 650 and 720 aircraft for the USN alone.

That doesn't include Hornet orders & upgrades for other countries as well.

Why on earth would Boeing set up a manufacturing facility in Canada for a mere 88 jets? 

CBH99 said:
Why on earth would Boeing set up a manufacturing facility in Canada for a mere 88 jets?

It's been done before - the MSVS SMP was assembled in Canada on a brownfield site which, a few decades before, had been a similar assembly line for the HLVW fleet.

We're pouring billions extra into Irving and SeaSpan to build ships for the RCN at a significant cost premium over buying hulls offshore.

Saab is betting on jobs! jobs! jobs!

A similar offer is likely to be part of Saab’s pitch to Canada when the request for proposals closes on June 30. In March, the company announced a “Gripen for Canada Team” that includes IMP Aerospace & Defence, CAE, Peraton Canada and GE Aviation. De la Motte said the proposal for 88 Gripen E jets would include “high skilled jobs” as well as aircraft and systems built by Canadians...
https://www.skiesmag.com/news/saab-delivers-virtual-gripen-e-program-update/

Mark
Ottawa

Jobs are the only thing the Gripen has going for it. It'll pale in comparison to the piece of the 3,100 aircraft the 9 major partners plan to buy for the F35, however.

PuckChaser said:
Jobs are the only thing the Gripen has going for it. It'll pale in comparison to the piece of the 3,100 aircraft the 9 major partners plan to buy for the F35, however.

Including the other FVEY partners (minus NZ, which doesn't have a fighter force).

Then again, the other FVEY partners all bought the Boeing P-8 while we're still flying the Auroras. 

Dimsum said:
Including the other FVEY partners (minus NZ, which doesn't have a fighter force).

Then again, the other FVEY partners all bought the Boeing P-8 while we're still flying the Auroras.

Funny you should mention the Kiwi's. I share an office with Aus/UK/Kiwi officers here in Bahrain. I said to the Kiwi Cdr that to complete the trifecta of buying used equipment from our Commonwealth cousins, Canada will be purchasing the retired Kiwi P3's to supplement our IR fleet.  ;D

The Aussie Cdr said "Sounds like a probable COA for you guys."

Back