• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

Different variant. We're looking at the F-35A, not the F-35B (with V/STOL capability).

Part of the issue with calling the F-35 program a huge waste of money is that it is essentially 3 types of aircraft bundled together:

F-35A: Conventiional takeoff and landing (USAF, etc)
F-35B: V/STOL (USMC, RN)
F-35C: Naval variant with strengthened gear, etc (USN)

So, yes it costs tons, but would it be less than designing 3 different aircraft? Probably, because of commonality.

Right now the vast majority of international orders is for the F-35A. The teething pains and issues were more in the B and C models.

Germany announced they were thinking of buying these things this past spring, and now have a signed agreement. WTF are our numbskulls waiting for??? Every one of these announcements moves us back further for delivery dates.

Trudeau is going to have an election next year and doesn't what this in the news. He said No F-35 but will have to eat his words in an election. So put off signing anything till after. I would assume behind the scene things are moving along. Everything drawn up and plans made just get though the election etc.

Trudeau is going to have an election next year and doesn't what this in the news. He said No F-35 but will have to eat his words in an election. So put off signing anything till after. I would assume behind the scene things are moving along. Everything drawn up and plans made just get though the election
If words had calories, Trudeau would be a total fatass

Soon, there will be an announcement soon, believe me, very soon there will be an announcement. Trust me!

"Replacing our fighter jets is one of the top priorities of this government, and we will be looking to do that very soon..."

$600B in new spending since the pandemic, $200B was spent directly on Covid-related things. (CERB, CRB, Vaccines, etc etc)

So that leaves $400B.

We couldn't have used $9B of that to buy the jets SOONER, JT? That was like 2.3%...

(but then again, if we did then he'd have to eat those words again!)

The acquisition of a next-Gen fighter for the CAF has a large number of challenges not discussed in most public spaces. For example, the designers and builders of the a/c are VERY particular about its protection - so facilities and on-site security will be greatly enhanced, and must be in place before any F35 with a RCAF roundel parks in Cold Lake of Bagotville.

Add to that the iterative improvements made in the production line - early build F35s will never be FOC capable. Buying early a/c might have had hidden costs and risks.

The acquisition of a next-Gen fighter for the CAF has a large number of challenges not discussed in most public spaces. For example, the designers and builders of the a/c are VERY particular about its protection - so facilities and on-site security will be greatly enhanced, and must be in place before any F35 with a RCAF roundel parks in Cold Lake of Bagotville.

Add to that the iterative improvements made in the production line - early build F35s will never be FOC capable. Buying early a/c might have had hidden costs and risks.
Surely we are well beyond early production issues by now?

As for security, so the jets can never be forward deployed to austere barebones places like Yellowknife or Iqaluit? (Not sure if the Hornets operated there but we've got a big area to cover)

This is a great opportunity to re-locate the fighter base out of cold lake. What a shit hole. Attach the new base to either Edmonton or Saskatoon airports, we need to stop hiding from the public.

(Not sure if the Hornets operated there but we've got a big area to cover)

Let the satellites and polar bears cover the area.

Soon, there will be an announcement soon, believe me, very soon there will be an announcement. Trust me!

Why? Have they run out of announcements on Arbour Report Implementation and Logistik Unicorp programs?

😖

This is a great opportunity to re-locate the fighter base out of cold lake.
I wish I was as optimistic as you.

Attach the new base to either Edmonton or Saskatoon airports, we need to stop hiding from the public.
That's assuming that Edmonton and Saskatoon airports want the extra traffic, noise, infrastructure, weapons depots, etc. I can already imagine the complaints that "the jets are too loud".

Fun fact - the F-35 is a very loud aircraft.

As for security, so the jets can never be forward deployed to austere barebones places like Yellowknife or Iqaluit? (Not sure if the Hornets operated there but we've got a big area to cover)
The Hornets can operate out of there, as well as Inuvik. They are Forward Operating Locations.

Back