• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Shaving Superthread- All You Want and More....

I just use an electric razor... On garrison that isn't a problem (I don't grow much facial hair anyways...  ???) and in the field, if its a tactical EX, I've often found that they don't care if you shave, so the noisy razor isn't really a problem.

If water is short or if I'm in a hurry, I just dry shave (without cream) and slap on some face balm. I find it provides a quick, no hassel close shave.

He he....never thought razor burn could bring out so many comments. So here's mine: Use a sharp razor, always. Oh, and one other thing (maybe someone seniors already said it): It might be bad to get jacked up for not shaving, but its even worse when you get jacked up for having shaving cream on your face. ;D

Krats, I really dont know if my face would ever let me get away with that...lol Hopfully I never have to find out

Pte. Perry said:
It might be bad to get jacked up for not shaving, but its even worse when you get jacked up for having shaving cream on your face. ;D

Right...Except for the fact that you can be charged for not shaving.... The worst you'd get for having shaving cream on your face is maybe a bruised ego. Don't give bad advice

Sig_Des said:
Right...Except for the fact that you can be charged for not shaving.... The worst you'd get for having shaving cream on your face is maybe a bruised ego. Don't give bad advice

Wow, didn't think anyone would take this personally, it was mostly just advice saying make sure you wash your face afterwards.

Pte. Perry said:
Wow, didn't think anyone would take this personally, it was mostly just advice saying make sure you wash your face afterwards.

He's not taking it prsonaly, you were just out to lunch that's all.......

Pte. Perry said:

It isn't personal. If your advice is to make sure to wash your face after, come out and say it. It's a good tidbit.

The problem is that a lot of people will take things they read here to heart, and I don't want anyone getting charged or jacked up because they understood the wrong thing.

cdnaviator said:
He's not taking it prsonaly, you were just out to lunch that's all.......

:rofl:

Well my beard chit didn't go through :( so I'm back to the blade. Only 2 weeks had gone by and they expected me to have a mane for a first time beard.

Don't know what all the fuss is about.
Have used an electric shaver for some 30  years.  Quick clean up with a dry blade right after & it keeps my face as smooth as a baby's ...... (or so my wife says :))

In the field.... same as above unless here are sound constraints - else, a bit of soap, water & my Shick Quatro

If you shave with a razor and shaving creme ...Make sure you shave first and then have your shower.

I used to shave first, go for PT and then shower. That way you don't get picked up on morning inspection with having shaving creme on your face and you have a good shave.

for the most part.....
On course, you roll out of bed drop into your runners and do PT. Come back from PT, do the 3 S' and head out for breakfast.
In the unit, PT is either/or/and beginning of day, end of day, whenever there is time to waste........

Part 1 JLC - didn't need to shave on pt

part 2 JLC - different course - we did  ::)

basic - me,  young 19 year old.....

Did you shave pte?

Is my face still bleeding sgt?

Anyone looking for cheap straight razors should check this link out. For $5 you're obviously getting what you paid for but for a newbie to straight razors it's an excellent buy before spending a $100 or more on a decent one. It's mainly a knife website but they carry a few low priced razors.
http://www.trueswords.com/white-razor-p-980.html

Okay, something new (but NOT funny). What is your favorite type of razor? Mine is the Gillette Fusion. Awesome shave. *

Yes, I can shave  ;)

Heh.... when in garrison, I use an electric - with a quick (dry) finish up with a Schick Quatro.

For me anything not electric.... I hate electric shavers and have never been able to get a good shave with one.

As for what I'm using right now, Schick Xtreme3 ;D

Back