• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
kkwd said:
Tens of millions of Republicans exist. I'll need you to provide at least 10 more examples of such statements and then maybe we can accept your statement. After all, some Republicans are good people.

Most republicans are good people.  We're always hearing how those damn liebral, snowflakes hate the military and veterans and that republicans have some type of moral high-ground when it comes to respecting Veterans.  That's not the case.  Tens of millions voted for a man who openly insulted a war-hero while dodging the draft because of bone spurs.  Republicans don't have the high-ground anymore.  What's more concerning is there was not an inkling of outrage when he made those comments.  None,  even from fellow right-wing Veterans. 

I could just go on the swamp the is The_Donald on reddit and drudge up dozens and dozens of comments celebrating John McCain's cancer but I won't because most of them are probably from Russian bots ;)

[quote author=TheHead] . 

I could just go on the swamp the is The_Donald on reddit and drudge up dozens and dozens of comments celebrating John McCain's cancer but I won't because most of them are probably from Russian bots ;)
[/quote]

And the **ck you nah **ck you nah **ck you makes its anticipated return  ;)

Jarnhamar said:
And the **ck you nah **ck you nah **ck you makes its anticipated return  ;)

There was none of that.  At all as per the new guidelines of this site.    Just stop.

It honestly looks the same to me.
Replublicn voter base sucks.
Democrat voter base are dummies.
So and so made cancer jokes.

Is going on reddit and cutting and pasting comments here really an option? If not why bring it up? Seems just as ad homien to me.

No one is saying any of those things.  Are you even following along or just cherry picking and trolling?  I was obviously being sarcastic in regards to the reddit comment.  Next time I'll add more winking emojis and a few /s to clarify.

Does anyone have any opposing or supporting views on Trump's Iran move?  That might be an interesting discussion...  (you can still hate the guy even if you agree with the decision on Iran...I won't judge!)

Iran is already in violation of said agreement.I think its hard to monitor and with EU nations involved its like their so called climate agreement both are a shame.

tomahawk6 said:
Iran is already in violation of said agreement.I think its hard to monitor and with EU nations involved its like their so called climate agreement both are a shame.

Shame?
Sham?
Or both?

QV said:
Does anyone have any opposing or supporting views on Trump's Iran move?  That might be an interesting discussion...  (you can still hate the guy even if you agree with the decision on Iran...I won't judge!)

That's my take on the Korea situation.  I happen to agree with Trump despite my dislike for him.

My dislike for him as a human is separate from my dislike or like of policy.

I think Iran needs a different approach.  I think he is really relying on the Israelis' info on the situation.  There's been a bit of a shadow war there that should be no surprise to anyone.  The middle east is a different kettle of fish than NK but the status quo doesn't seem to be working so wait and see?

I'm not against his move per se but I'll admit not having enough info to say. 

Don't forget the cash that Obama gave to Iran which probably went to their war in Yemen and Syria.

tomahawk6 said:
Don't forget the cash that Obama gave to Iran which probably went to their war in Yemen and Syria.

I don't recall that Obama ever "gave" cash to Iran. I do recall that in the deal, sanctions were lifted which allowed Iran to again access their own sums of money which had been frozen and that there was a negotiated settlement whereby the US returned a certain sum of money that Iran had paid to the US for military equipment that it bought from them and the US had never delivered.

[cheers]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/03/01/was-obamas-1-7-billion-cash-deal-with-iran-prohibited-by-u-s-law/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f7194e357231

The current "spy" scandal in the United States may be far larger than the iconic "Watergate" (which has given its name to every scandal since). This article in American Thinker has lots of timeline details, including a timeline showing the Obama administration using private contractors to access raw FISA data as far back as 2015. This end run around FISA puts the use of FISA warrants against members of the Trump campaign team and using questionable information to secure FISA warrants in some more context.

The article also goes through other actions of the Obama Administration. If this were a movie, it would not be "All the Presidents Man" but rather something like the MCU series, with an "Infinity war" like ending in the Obama White House.

The end result is still unknown, but one thing seems clear: if high ranking public officials, Administration members and bureaucrats are being unmasked in this scandal and are not being tried and put in prison, then there will be a serious breakdown in the public trust of American institutions, which can only accelerate the unravelling of American's social capital and destruction of a high trust society.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/the_great_unmasking.html

With Trump and Kim now in Singapore, the Guardian provides a perspective on how it may play out (and how it will likely be reported, regardless).

The dangers are clear. The North Koreans will play Trump. They’ve reportedly studied The Art of the Deal, learning how to manipulate him and his ego:

Like a modern day Patton  ;D

Journeyman said:
With Trump and Kim now in Singapore, the Guardian provides a perspective on how it may play out (and how it will likely be reported, regardless).

An interesting perspective.

Blackadder1916 said:
I suppose it's easy to attribute calm and non-partisan deliberation to the Armed Services Committee when viewed through the lens of Adm Jackson's promotion nomination alone.  However, when looking at the list of nominations still sitting in committee suddenly Adm Jackson's case does not seem that delayed when there are some nominations to general or flag rank that were submitted back in March 2017.

Senator Tester is accused of making the allegations against Dr Jackson. Tester is facing a tough re-election fight.We shall see if his voters turn him out. 8)

tomahawk6 said:
Senator Tester is accused of making the allegations against Dr Jackson.

GOP chairman 'doesn't have a problem' with Tester's handling of Jackson allegations
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/385317-gop-va-committee-chair-does-not-have-a-problem-with-testers-handling-of
Sen. Johnny Isakson (Ga.), the Republican chairman of the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, does not “have a problem” with how misconduct allegations against Navy Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson were handled, his office said Saturday.

END QUOTE

I find it interesting that immediately after the Singapore US/NK summit that Fox news is not headling anything about the summit's outcome.

The articles headlined include Rosenstein's threats to subpoena records of a Republican led House committee; CNN's Acosta shouting questions during the signing ceremony; Trump's tweet regarding Di Niro. The only on-point article seems to be on from a former CIA staffer on Korea who points out that the signed document does not necessarily state that the North will de-nuclearize.

Puzzling.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back