• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Police say "attack on 11 year old girl" did not happen as reported

George Wallace said:
Are any bets being made as to when and if the Prime Minister, Premier Wynne or Mayor Tory retract their statements and apologise to Canadians?

You are being an optimist.

Remius said:
You are being an optimist.

My optimism has been dashed.

Apparently he has made this statement:

We have seen an unfortunate pattern of increased hate crimes in past months directed towards religious minorities, particularity towards women.  We need to take issue extremely seriously as this pattern is a warning sign of increased intolerance.
We are a country that defends freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and people's rights to go to school without being fearful or harassed.  This is fundamental to who we are.
We would direct all the questions on the investigation to the Toronto Police Service.  we are thankful and relieved that this incident did not take place.

Sorry, but false accusations as those that were made, incite more hate crimes.  Such actions should not be defended or excused.

There is supposed to be a rally on 29 Jan, sponsored by the Muslim Brotherhood and CAIR CAN to protest "Islamophobia" in remembrance of the six people killed in a Mosque in Quebec.  What is not mentioned and really has no relevance to "Islamophobia" is that the killer was a Muslim......Not a racist White supremacist or some other "Islamophobe".

When will the MSM and our politicians tire of this manipulation of the media and claims of "Victimhood" to cover other agendas?

We have seen an unfortunate pattern of increased hate crimes in past months directed towards religious minorities, particularity towards women.  We need to take issue extremely seriously as this pattern is a warning sign of increased intolerance.
We are a country that defends freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and people's rights to go to school without being fearful or harassed.  This is fundamental to who we are.
We would direct all the questions on the investigation to the Toronto Police Service.  we are thankful and relieved that this incident did not take place.

That was JTs reaction to finding out the whole thing was bullshit?

Eye In The Sky said:
That was JTs reaction to finding out the whole thing was bullshit?

Did you honestly expect anything different?  I'm not surprised one iota.

George Wallace said:

Sorry, but false accusations as those that were made, incite more hate crimes.  Such actions should not be defended or excused.

There is supposed to be a rally on 29 Jan, sponsored by the Muslim Brotherhood and CAIR CAN to protest "Islamophobia" in remembrance of the six people killed in a Mosque in Quebec.  What is not mentioned and really has no relevance to "Islamophobia" is that the killer was a Muslim......Not a racist White supremacist or some other "Islamophobe".

When will the MSM and our politicians tire of this manipulation of the media and claims of "Victimhood" to cover other agendas?

Bisonette is a Muslim?

No he was not, and is not. He became a right wing sociopath obsessesed with the far right in France.

Remius said:
We all know that because she's under 12 and can't be charged.  Just one of those things where a kid gets attention by crying wolf.  We had two girls here do the same about some fake story about someone in a van approaching them.

If it is any consolation to anyone who wants the book thrown at them, they are both about to undergo a very difficult life lesson.  In all likelihood the parents are going to tear them a new one.  I know I would. Also anything they say to anyone about anything won't be believed. Now add the shame they will have.  If school is anything like it was when I grew up this will follow them for their adolescent lives.  I would not be surprised if they have to change schools as a result of this. 

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences, just saying that it's an 11 year old girl and younger brother who both probably told a fib that got bigger than they could handle.   

2 cents and all.

I am well aware that as a 12 year old she can't be charged with a crime....however there is more than one way to skin a cat.....but that won't happen as being Muslim the LEO's have shown that apparently it is perfectly possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.........

George Wallace said:
With the current "political correct" atmosphere in the WEST, anything to do that may involve commenting on Muslims seems to be taboo.  Our current Governments seem to be of the type that they would rather stick their heads in the sand than address a problem before it festers into something much larger.

Yup, had they been a White kid or a Black kid.......

Cheers
Larry

George Wallace said:

Wait, what? Sorry you’re not trying to fabricate a claim that Alexandre Bissonnette was Muslim? There is absolutely nothing to support that and much evidence to the exact contrary. Are you perhaps thinking of a different incident?

Remius said:
Darth Sidious.  Or Hydra.  Either or.

Or something less sister.....

When I was growing up in rural Ontario there was a huge story (mid 90's) about a hate crime involving Mennonite teens near St. Jacobs (kitchener).  They claimed someone had thrown a bottle into their wagon from a car and seriously hurt a girl. Created a huge stir. Turns out they had been drinking and she had fallen and hit her head. The story told was to avoid trouble with the obviously devout parents. However, by the time they fessed up story had grown out of proportion.

This is likely a similar thing. Likely, her garment was cut and she worried about getting in trouble so came up with a cover story. The cover story than grew because of adult politics.

Children are children. There should be consequences,  but delusions of some scandal ignore the fact that most things boil down to a simple start. Particularly with 11 year olds.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Or something less sister.....

When I was growing up on rural ontario there was a huge story (mid 90's) about a hate crime involving Mennonite teens near St. Jacobs (kitchener).  They claimed someone had threw a bottle into their wagon from a car and seriously hurt a girl badly. Created a huge stir. Turns out they had been drinking and she had fallen and hit her head. The story told was yo avoid trouble with the obviously devout parents. However, by the time they fessed up story had grown out of proportion.

This is likely a similar thing. Likely,her garment was cut and she worried about getting in trouble so came up with a cover story. The cover story than grew because of adult politics.

Children are children. There should be consequences,  but delusions of some scandal ignore the fact that most things boil down to a simple start. Particularly with 11 year olds.

The most likely story so far.  She didn’t want mom and dad angry because she took it off or accidentially damaged it.  Story got out of hand.

George Wallace said:

Do you have a source for that?

mariomike said:

No he doesn't.

Alexandre Bissonnette (born c. 1990), a student at Université Laval, was identified as the suspect. He called police from the area near the bridge to the Île d'Orléans far from the mosque, and told them he was involved and wanted to surrender.[27][28][29] Université Laval announced that Bissonnette would not be allowed on campus while judicial proceedings were underway.[30]

Bissonnette grew up in Cap-Rouge. Neighbours said his father and mother were both present in his life and were model parents, adding that they had never had a problem with either him or his twin brother.[30] Former acquaintances say he was introverted and sometimes bullied at school.[31] He was not known to police, and he had no court records other than traffic violations.[31] Before the shooting he had been living in an apartment near the mosque along with his twin brother.[32][33]

People who knew him said he had expressed support for Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump,[31][30][34] and had far-right, white nationalist, and anti-Muslim views.[28][35][36] The manager of a refugee-support Facebook page said Bissonnette frequently denigrated refugees and feminists online.[30][31] A member of the mosque said he had met and talked with him outside the mosque on January 26, believing he was interested in Islam, but he veered away from the subject.[37][38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City_mosque_shooting

:cheers:

mariomike said:

I’d be curious to see that as well as everything points to him having far right leanings...

Remius said:
The most likely story so far.  She didn’t want mom and dad angry because she took it off or accidentially damaged it.  Story got out of hand.

I thought the hijab was just a scarf and had no special significance? If it's damaged or what ever you just go home and get another one or buy one at the nearest store.

George Wallace said:

Other agendas? oh, I know!

Attachments

• aliens (1).jpg
    aliens (1).jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 204
Retired AF Guy said:
I thought the hijab was just a scarf and had no special significance? If it's damaged or what ever you just go home and get another one or buy one at the nearest store.

This is an 11 year old child, remember.... my 9 year old hides shirts/pants/hats, etc that are dirty or ripped to not get in trouble with his mom. I did the same at that age.

Not everything has to have some deep, profound, and inevitably political meaning. Sometimes, a kid is just a kid.

In this case, I believe that the adults on both the left and the right are the ones that are guilty of trying to draw meaning.

Little kiddo probably made up a story for her parents and it escalated beyond her control. Maybe she didn't have the courage to tell them that she doesn't want to wear the hijab anymore so she made up a semi-believable story. She probably didn't know that it takes years for Asian men to grow a semi decent mustache (nothing wrong with that)

She is an 11 year old little girl! I was SO much worse when I was that age  :tempertantrum:

Would absolutely hate to see children suffer because of adult politics!

navice said:
She is an 11 year old little girl! I was SO much worse when I was that age  :tempertantrum:

Would absolutely hate to see children suffer because of adult politics!

This. The amount of pathetic vitriol I'm seeing over this has me genuinely disgusted in a bunch of people. She is a young child, full stop. This event is going to be extremely damaging for her. Either she made up a lie to cover up something she did that could be perceived as wrong - a verry naive, childish normal mistake that we all have made - or she was coached in this by an adult.

Back