• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I think PP would be wise to keep some policy distance between himself and Trump. But will Trump come out in support of him? That will definitely not be helpful.
I don't think it will hurt Pierre at all. He completely neutralized the Liberals attempt to associate him with Alex Jones. He turned their smear attempts into a big nothing burger. The more desperate the attacks Trudeau does, the more Canadians are clearing seeing it.

I don't think it will hurt Pierre at all. He completely neutralized the Liberals attempt to associate him with Alex Jones. He turned their smear attempts into a big nothing burger. The more desperate the attacks Trudeau does, the more Canadians are clearing seeing it.
I hope you're right. The wife has said no more gun purchases until the Liberals are gone. So far I'm still allowed to buy ammo and parts. But Poly and the Coalition for Gun Confiscation have turned up the pressure on Trudeau to "get on with it, NOW!", likely trying to capitalize on the Trump shooting with a black rifle.

Last edited:
… He completely neutralized the Liberals attempt to associate him with Alex Jones. He turned their smear attempts into a big nothing burger …
One thing being disassociated with a way-outside-the-lines talk radio guy (to be kind), versus distancing from a world leader & leader of Canada’s biggest trading partner that PP will have to deal with seriously if Team Blue wins.
The more desperate the attacks Trudeau does, the more Canadians are clearing seeing it.
I agree & I hope more will see it long enough to keep seeing it at the polling stations.

I hope you're right. The wife has said no more gun purchases until the Liberals are gone. So far I'm still allowed to buy ammo and parts. But Poly and the Coalition for Gun Confiscation have turned up the pressure on Trudeau to "get on with it, NOW!", likely trying to capitalize on the Trump shooting with a black rifle.

I'm waiting things out right now as well. But I am in the market for a Martini Enfield, which I don't expect is on anyone's ban list, yet.

I've been reading up on the last few pages of this thread, re Trump being good or bad for Canada, and the kind of impact associating Trump and the CPC together would have...

Whether Trump is good for us or not, I have no idea. I don't remember life being terrible for us while he was in office...

Now having PP associated with Trump? I'm guessing the same people that tend to not like Trump or Trump's policies probably won't be huge supporters of the CPC either...so if one can convincingly argue PP is like Trump, it may cost him the votes of Trump haters

With Pierre, people think they know what they are going to get. They aren't sure, and for now they can't be, but they are hopeful he will be the kind of leader he sounds like he'll be...

With Justin, we are all well aware of his intentions & how well things are going. And none of it is going good.

I've been reading up on the last few pages of this thread, re Trump being good or bad for Canada, and the kind of impact associating Trump and the CPC together would have...

Whether Trump is good for us or not, I have no idea. I don't remember life being terrible for us while he was in office...
The irony of that is that Trudeau was PM that whole time. His detractors will say life was in fact terrible.
Now having PP associated with Trump? I'm guessing the same people that tend to not like Trump or Trump's policies probably won't be huge supporters of the CPC either...so if one can convincingly argue PP is like Trump, it may cost him the votes of Trump haters
Canadians generally can see the difference between Trump and PP. The comparison isn’t really accurate or fair though. I find that people who are either polarized or so loyal to a party regardless of anything else (like policies etc) are generally the ones that associate our parties to theirs. Case in point is that the Democrats are pretty much ideologically aligned with the CPC. Yet “Liberals” here will prefer the Dems and the “Conservatives” here will hate them.

But Canadians can be spooked by what happens south of us and fearing it might creep here. It isn’t t’en a trump haters per se but the undecided and moderate that will vote one way or another if spooked enough.
With Pierre, people think they know what they are going to get. They aren't sure, and for now they can't be, but they are hopeful he will be the kind of leader he sounds like he'll be...
They can only go off his record or lack thereof. It is a change election and most people want Trudeau changed. They aren’t sure of Poilievre, yes, but Poilievre is riding high because people are tired of Trudeau. PPs personal approval numbers (not stellar) are showing that.
With Justin, we are all well aware of his intentions & how well things are going. And none of it is going good.

And that is why he needs to go. If he stays on, the CPC is certain to win. The question will be by how much.

Latest 338 polling seems to be showing a trend line that I think won’t change much as long as JT stays on. Meaning the LPC will probably end up with 70ish seats give or take.

The irony of that is that Trudeau was PM that whole time. His detractors will say life was in fact terrible.

Canadians generally can see the difference between Trump and PP. The comparison isn’t really accurate or fair though. I find that people who are either polarized or so loyal to a party regardless of anything else (like policies etc) are generally the ones that associate our parties to theirs. Case in point is that the Democrats are pretty much ideologically aligned with the CPC. Yet “Liberals” here will prefer the Dems and the “Conservatives” here will hate them.

But Canadians can be spooked by what happens south of us and fearing it might creep here. It isn’t t’en a trump haters per se but the undecided and moderate that will vote one way or another if spooked enough.

They can only go off his record or lack thereof. It is a change election and most people want Trudeau changed. They aren’t sure of Poilievre, yes, but Poilievre is riding high because people are tired of Trudeau. PPs personal approval numbers (not stellar) are showing that.

And that is why he needs to go. If he stays on, the CPC is certain to win. The question will be by how much.

Latest 338 polling seems to be showing a trend line that I think won’t change much as long as JT stays on. Meaning the LPC will probably end up with 70ish seats give or take.
Biden leaving and the GOP currently scrambling for attack ads again Harris is pretty much exactly what I expected would happen if JT did the same.

As I’ve mentioned a few times here, aside from his close family and friends, PP is JT’s biggest fan because they can laser-focus on him.

I'm waiting things out right now as well. But I am in the market for a Martini Enfield, which I don't expect is on anyone's ban list, yet.
Good luck finding a Martini in .303 British. I finally found one for my collection, but it wasn't easy and took years. Converting a 577/450 to 303 is not complicated, but finding that .303 extractor is the tough part.

I have a MH in.577/450, a MH in 45/70, a ME in .303 and a BSA Martini Centurion target rifle in .22 LR. I've been looking for a Martini Greener shotgun, if anyone has a lead.

Good luck finding a Martini in .303 British. I finally found one for my collection, but it wasn't easy and took years. Converting a 577/450 to 303 is not complicated, but finding that .303 extractor is the tough part.

I have a MH in.577/450, a MH in 45/70, a ME in .303 and a BSA Martini Centurion target rifle in .22 LR. I've been looking for a Martini Greener shotgun, if anyone has a lead.
Maybe get that .303 extractor scanned?

Why would anyone need that weapon of war? Think of the children
I do think of the children. Firearms have been a part of my family heritage on both sides for at least five generations. Having some trust fund baby take that away for cheap political points with no compensation is robbing my family of it's history and it's wealth.

Back