• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trust in our Institutions

Has your trust in our institutions changed?

• Total voters
Like the current PM saying “This is the last first past the post election”, the political parties seem to always defer what is best for them vice what is best for the institution. So we’ll never get reform, unless the backbenchers of all parties get a come to Jesus moment and impose the power that they have collectively to force this issue.
But I might as well wish for skittle farting unicorns to come to my birthday party, I’m getting the same result.
Leaving first past the post isn’t always better. It just creates a bunch of new issues to deal with which can sometimes be worse than the previous ones.

Where we would likely do better as a society is enacting reforms to allow referendums like the Swiss and give much more power to the people. First past the post is sufficient to elect the law makers, only the Swiss system actively holds them accountable (as opposed to 4 years of whatever they want followed by a election).

Reactions: KJK
Back