• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing on the SCP Side.. The wait is agonizing. I'm feeling less confident as the days go by.

Glade88 said:
Still nothing on the SCP Side.. The wait is agonizing. I'm feeling less confident as the days go by.

Same here, I feel the pain. Except I applied for UTPNCM. I really wish that applicants would be notified much earlier whether they were selected / non-selected. Then when the offer message rolls out, then you would know which trade/university etc.. But at least people who weren't selected aren't sitting there hoping, and people who were selected aren't sitting there with a family wondering what will happen that summer.

I guess its all part of the fun haha... its a competition, and the wait is part of it.

nordi said:
Same here, I feel the pain. Except I applied for UTPNCM. I really wish that applicants would be notified much earlier whether they were selected / non-selected. Then when the offer message rolls out, then you would know which trade/university etc.. But at least people who weren't selected aren't sitting there hoping, and people who were selected aren't sitting there with a family wondering what will happen that summer.

I guess its all part of the fun haha... its a competition, and the wait is part of it.
I hear you. The year I was selected, I didnt get the offer until June. I had already decided that I was not selected and started getting other courses lined up for distance education in the fall. Needless to say the rest happened very fast and furious.

As well, posting messages should be out fairly soon. I had mine mid June (2-3 weeks after sending in my acceptance).
Again if you have to move there isnt a ton of time but it is very worth the trouble in the long run.

As for SCP, Ive seen an offer here in Kingston at the end of May so they are filtering out.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk (expect typos)

nordi said:
Information for all:

If you applied for UTPNCM and are willing to attend RMC, you must apply to RMC separately from the UTP application. I just submitted my app to RMC now after getting off the phone with their admissions dept. It looks like I wasn't the only one: some mbrs who have their UTP posting message to RMC did not apply directly to RMC and are now finding out that they have to apply ASAP for a fall term, which is not a guaranteed acceptance.

Just letting you know just in case you were told that you did not need to apply to RMC. That is only if you are willing to attend RMC though.

So does that mean you received your offer? When did your offer come in and for what trade?

K1tesurf said:
So does that mean you received your offer? When did your offer come in and for what trade?

Not yet. I am just crossing my fingers really hard. Applied for CELE and AERE.

After speaking to PSO, it looks like all offers have been sent out. I don't have an offer yet, so it looks like I'll have to apply for the next competition. Unless someone refuses their offer, which is very unlikely.

Any news on posting messages for UTPNCM yet? Does anyone have any idea of when they would be posting those that accepted offers like I assume anyone that accepted an offer starts school in September, so does that mean they'll be moved in August or sooner?

I have not received my posting message yet. I had my UTPNCM message in early May! I imagine all the offers are out and posting messages should be sent out soon. Fingers crossed!

regulator12 said:
I have not received my posting message yet. I had my UTPNCM message in early May! I imagine all the offers are out and posting messages should be sent out soon. Fingers crossed!

I also received mine in early May so waiting for these posting messages is killing me. I just want to know my dates already. What were you accepted for?

I got accepted for infantry and will be taking Business Administration. What about you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jsilver18 said:
Got in for LogO-Air. Also taking Business Admin so it should be a good go!
Congratulations! It will be a great go! I am looking forward to the opportunity!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

People who got offers this year: how many university courses have you completed for your application?

I had the minimum required done 4 half-year credits (2 full-year credits). And after applying I completed two more half year credits but those wouldn’t be on my application.

I've completed 4 courses, and was credited I believe 4 (3 hour) credits by Acadia for said courses, but haven't done a plar for poet yet.

They messed up my offered school, so I had a series of discussions with the person who was essentially acting as the selection boards for (at least) Int O this year. They were backlogged (and understaffed) to shit at that point, and are normally, and more than just my offer was pooched as well. I was told, by that poor, poor desk jockey, not to expect a posting message until july.

jofafa said:
Your number of courses have no effect on your file at all. I had 10

How do you know whether the amount of courses doesnt matter? Why would they even have a board if it were only up to the three numbers? (CFAT/Interview/Personality) There would have to be reasons for tie-breaking and such? I don't know I'm just curious.

Your file is as you said CFAT/Interview/Personality. It's just the way it is. They could throw in your Force test and language profile in there as well but they don't.

Feeling pretty defeated. The 2019 SCP Canforgen is out. I'm going to take that as a hint that I didn't get accepted this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back