• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are always a few people that CT and Commission at the same time. At RMC, the "more experienced" of these former Reservists usually (but not always) reside with the Otter Sqn gang, but are, in fact, ROTP not UTPNCM.

Many "outsiders" (even some Otter's) think that these people are UT's, but they are not. As mentioned above, there is no mechanism to go UT if you are PRes, only Reg Force. It is not widely talked about due to the fear that other former PRes might get their knickers in a knot over going through the full ROTP while these "experienced" members get the "good life" with the Otters. Note that the minimum rank of the people I am aware of was Sgt, most were WO.

While I was at RMC, there were at least 6 in this boat. I know because they were in my Flight when I was doing all the admin and had to deal with the difficulties of administering for a different program (which includes certain degree requirements for ROTP) than we were built for.

Wook

I am waiting for the UTPNCM 2012/2013 results to come out. I have read many threads on previous years and have found absolutely nothing for this year. I am surprised as by this time last year, many were anxiously awaiting and writing on these threads. I have heard that the board is sitting late this year and that results should be out in the next few weeks. Has another out there heard anything? Or even any ROTP offers out? I heard they all go out at roughly the same time. Hoping to find someone out there in the same boat as me. Thanks!

Many of us in the ROTP 2012-13 thread are still waiting for offers to start shipping out. They are a little late this year, and most of us merit listed are really antsy as usual, GOOD LUCK to you and sit tight, If you are done everything you can for your application it's out of your hands, again, GOOD LUCK!

Last year it was almost may when they started coming out...  I didnt get mine until mid-may

I would think offers would come out during the same time as ROTP offers, and hopefully it is soon!

I am in the same boat as the OP. Applied for UTPNCM this year and havent heard or seen anything since.

Anyone have any news on this? Has anyone received an offer or seen any messages out yet?

I had sort of started to resign myself to applying again next year, but perhaps the offers are just not out yet...

I would appreciate any updates if someone hears anything.  It would certainly be nice to at least know if I still have a chance or not!

Ill post here if I hear anything.

Cheers

There was an announcement today that the UTPNCM program through RMC will no longer be available.  I am certain they will still hold this at Civilian universities (a preferred alternative for most I am sure), but I would expect the numbers to be greatly reduced.  I think they had less than 20 enrolled last year.

Joesph_B said:
There was an announcement today that the UTPNCM program through RMC will no longer be available.  I am certain they will still hold this at Civilian universities (a preferred alternative for most I am sure), but I would expect the numbers to be greatly reduced.  I think they had less than 20 enrolled last year.

Like why bother having only 20....I know it's competitive but.

Joesph_B said:

Where was this announced? Is there anywhere I can look to find it?

I have only hear that the board sat late this year and results should be here soon. The cuts are very discouraging :(

Please post, if anyone hears anything!

Hopefully the new federal budget doesn't delay it any further. That's what I think is holding it up.

The usual annual intake for UT's is about 100 +/- a dozen or so. That is all dependant on ISS numbers.

RMC Otter Sqn usual takes 20-25 a year.

the messages are late, from what I hear, simply due to the budget fallout.

I am looking for an official source as well on the status of the UT program at RMC. We do not cost RMC/CDA a lot of money at RMC, but the savings on UT's attending local uni's where they are already posted would be huge. Moving 25 families to Kingston is not cheap, let alone the other 75 families to Halifax and Victoria and everywhere in between.

If this is done for a cost savings, that is the one which makes most sense.

Wook

I just called the local BPSO office and they said nothing is expected to come out until next week or the week after. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Well i'm here at Otter now and yes it's official Otter is NOT taking any more people. We were told this morning.

All future UT's will go to civy u. Reason behind it is the cost with posting and such. also the added "extra" features that RMC brings us. (guess i applied one year to early)

Program is being cut down alot for the next few years so don't expect many offers this year.

Otter's last official class will be at graduation of 2015 (mine). I got my offer last year on May 07. Very late.

any more ?, let me know.

I have applied for UTP this year.  I emailed D Mil C inquiring about the messages two weeks ago and they said the messages will be coming out this week.  They said they were very busy with boards for other programs.  I also asked if I had a pending message, no replies on that one.

Looks like offers for ROTP are trickling out, does that mean UTPNCM is too? Has anyone heard any updates?

I havent heard anything yet.

It appears from what the guys in Otter Sqn have said that the RMC part of the program has basically been shut down so I guess the ROTP offers have little to do with the status of the UTP offers?

I wonder how many fewer positions there are now as a result of the cuts? A poster earlier indicatd maybe upwards of 25% or so? That would be unfortunate.

Although on some level I would think that if the budget for ROTP has been finalized and offers are coming out now, then the same could be said for UTP...

Anyone else hear anything ref UTPNCM? Did those who have received offers in the past receive an email directly or strictly through their chain of command?

While we are waiting for the messages or emails to come out, what officer occupation and which universities did you guys apply for?

Being in the Navy, I wanted to stay in my element so I picked Naval Combat Systems Engineer with Marine Systems as my second choice. Saint Mary's University was my preference with Computer and Electrical Engineering as my degree.  I thought NCSE was a good idea as I have a solid back ground in electronics and it is a hot trade according to the recruiting website.

I email a friend who accepted his offer for UTP 2011, he said he found out through MCOIN Message traffic on the MARLANT intranet site.  I am sure it will be different for other units but I can check the archives for MARLANT and see the selection offers and non-selection messages that from the previous competition.  His offer came in mid-May and there were 17 non-selections starting mid-June.  There were also 17 Selection offers and the first one came out on the first of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back