• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigs O.  My first choice was CELE but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes to stay army: I've been in this uniform for over 10 years...  At any rate, beggars can't be choosers and I'm certainly not going to complain.

Besides, I get to study engineering at my either RMC or Queen's U.  Now it's decision time...

Chernoble said:
Awesome! Congrats again!

Thanks much and best of luck to you!  I'm interested to know how many others are striving for Siggy O (Sigs or CELE)? 

Also, of further interest to some, it looks as if no time is wasted in promoting demoting appointing a member to OCdt once the offer is accepted.  Mine is effective 01 Jul 13 but I suppose this is for those who don't get BMOQ PLAR'ed and have to do that training before September?  Either way, its fast and furious!

Congratulations on your Acceptance to the Program!

Did the message come to you directly, or where you given the message through your Chain of Command?

I am working towards INT O, but I have a friend who is applying for CELE / SIG O.

yeOLSiggy said:
Also, of further interest to some, it looks as if no time is wasted in promoting demoting appointing a member to OCdt once the offer is accepted.  Mine is effective 01 Jul 13 but I suppose this is for those who don't get BMOQ PLAR'ed and have to do that training before September?  Either way, its fast and furious!

Yeah, I don't know.  There is a strong chance I'm getting my Sgt's this year but if I get into UT, they might just skip it.  I would def take both but UT is what I really want!

has anyone heard of messages being cut today or did we only hear from those that were handed out yesterday?

yeOLSiggy said:
I peruse these forums from time to time and appreciate all of the helpful info!

I've decided to stop lurking and add my two cents as I'm sure some will be interested to know: I received my offer just this morning. 

Looking at the dtg, it landed in the PSO's office yesterday sometime after 1740...  I guess they're working late to get these messages cut!  I'd imagine the flood gates are now open and we should see more and more reports of people receiving their messages too.

Good luck!

Congratulations!!!! 

My husband has an old co-worker who got hers today, awesome that people are hearing now :)  Good luck everyone!

I saw about 4 UTPNCM selection messages on Docbase today. Very exciting time!

Good luck to everyone.

Ryan81 said:
Congratulations on your Acceptance to the Program!

Did the message come to you directly, or where you given the message through your Chain of Command?

I am working towards INT O, but I have a friend who is applying for CELE / SIG O.

Came through CoC officially (for the record) but I did get a heads-up from the PSO before-hand, due to the fact that I'm currently on PATA leave...  I phoned once a week for two or three weeks before finding out >:D ( The clerk may have just wanted me to stop phoning ;) )

Just wondering, has anyone seen or heard, maybe even received an offer for PLT or ACSO ?

I got my offer for AERE officer this morning. I will be going to Carleton University or Ottawa to study engineering. As well, DEU change occurs 01 July, and the offer is good for 21 days. As for how fast the message travelled, my unit got it at 0830 this morning, and I received it just prior to 0900. A final word, good luck to everyone, it seems the messages are coming in waves.

Congrats Airman, gives me hope I will here about AERE or AEC in the near future. If it goes through I will hopefully be going to Carleton as well. Already have the acceptance in hand from them.

I love how high the number of "lurkers" on this forum is right now. Usually when I check the forum in the morning there is never a user reading the forum as well. Let alone ten of you (which I think I had at last count). Guess we're all in the same boat, trying to grab whatever info we can.

Congrats to those of you who have been selected. Let's hope the messages keep coming.

Congratulations to everyone getting acceptance!  So exciting for you all :)  Good luck to everyone else!

Has anyone else gotten their offers yet? It seems pretty quiet on the forum today; there has to be more selection messages out there. Anyways, 3 weeks seems like a fairly short time to sort out TOS for those of us that are reaching our 20. For those that didn't know, it's up to the member to contact Ottawa to set up TOS extensions prior to the end of the 3 week acceptance deadline. Anyways I'm certainly not complaining, receiving an offer certainly made my day. The only problem I have is trying to figure a way of keeping a positive attitude at my current job while completing everything that a change of rank and occupation requires. As well, I will definitely be going on a restricted posting to Ottawa for at least the first year, as my wife is currently unable to be co-located with me for another 2 years (she's an officer). Finally, for those that have not received offers yet, remember this is only the first round, there is bound to be first round picks who are unable to receive unconditional University acceptances.

My situation is really messed up. Got a last minute booking on a course that I need to be assessed on before I can get an offer for UT and may not get that offer if I don't do well on said course.  I feel worse for the supposed 3 other guys waiting for me to take this course as they all have already and we are fighting for one spot :)

It's definatetly an interesting process this year!

avstach said:
Congrats Airman, gives me hope I will here about AERE or AEC in the near future. If it goes through I will hopefully be going to Carleton as well. Already have the acceptance in hand from them.

Which degree have you been accepted into? I have offers for either Mechanical, Computer Systems, or Aero from Carleton. I'm leaning towards Computer Systems, but that could change after talking with my wife, she's an AERE officer. If you get your offer for AERE it will specify that you have to do either mech, electrical, computer, aero/aeronautical, or engineering physics. Gone is the option to do hard physics, math, space sciences, or software engineering. From what I've been told the AERE trade is bloated with personnel with either mech or aero, which means in the future for better post grad or posting options you would be better served with computer or electrical engineering. On another note most AERE UT's serve there first posting in Ottawa working in the project management cells. Anyways, good luck, especially if you get AEC; I've been told Cornwall is a bitch to pass.

It seems as though not all messages have gone out, still haven't heard or seen anything on aircrew trades. i'm thinking those could take a little longer?

acadieavs said:
It seems as though not all messages have gone out, still haven't heard or seen anything on aircrew trades. I'm thinking those could take a little longer?

Hey,
I would also agree that the bulk of the messages are somewhere in the "works" just given the number of folks on this forum who have not seen an offer. Looking at the number of us alone it would be likely that someone would have seen an offer aside from the one guy who has posted as getting one.
I have seen some responses to offers on the message traffic but only a small number I would find it hard to believe this was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back