• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airman;

I have unconditional acceptance to Mech at Carleton. My former SAMEO let me know about the restrictions on the degrees now. I am glad they eliminated the other options. I feel if you are an Engineering Officer you should have an engineering degree. Where are you currently posted? I was posted from Cold Lake to St Jean last summer. With 6 years experience on the 18s I would like to follow that stream if selected. I spent two years in North Bay and have heard the nightmares of Cornwall. Worth a shot though.

Thanks for the luck. Hope to hear something soon.

Applied for HCA, MPO and Log O.  BPSO said they had nothing yet and was going to prod D Mil C but haven't heard back.  Registration started at the Civi university I would go to 3 weeks ago.  Would really like to make sure I get into the right classes but still waiting... Good luck to everyone who applied.

For those applicants that do not have terms of service to carry them through to 01 July 2022, I would recommend that they prod their orderly rooms to start the TOS application. If you get your acceptance offer, you will only have until 01 July to ensure that you have current TOS. As I found out, you/your unit are responsible for TOS, not Ottawa,, they will not do it for you. As well, 21 days to accept your offer seems fairly short, especially if you are currently deployed. Good luck to everyone, I imagine there will be plenty of offers travelling down the pipeline soon.

I wouldn't say plenty of offers.....if i recall from the in/out spreadsheet on the careers webpage, there are only 40 UTPNCM positions forces wide up for grabs this competition.

I haven't heard of any messages coming down in petawawa yet. Hopefully soon....

I got my offer for ACSO today made it official and sent the acceptance via my orderly room so now wait till I get my air crew selection test and off to Moncton NB from Bagotville, feeling pretty pumped. Oh and what was this about TOS I got mine for 1july13, does that mean I'm good to go ?

Should be all good to go.

After you accept the offer, i believe it is up to the clerks to make sure your TOS has enough years to cover off your obligitory service.

Congrats on your offer!

Concerning TOS, make sure your orderly room is aware that you require enough to take you to 01 July 2022. According to DMIL C, you will not receive an official posting message until Peoplesoft reflects your new TOS. As well, if new TOS is required, expect at least 2-4 weeks to have all the requirements met before officially signing your new contract. Hope this helps, I'm presently going through this scenario, as I have 18 years in.

acadieavs said:
I got my offer for ACSO today made it official and sent the acceptance via my orderly room so now wait till I get my air crew selection test and off to Moncton NB from Bagotville, feeling pretty pumped. Oh and what was this about TOS I got mine for 1july13, does that mean I'm good to go ?

It is likely your COS that is 01 Jul 13 (Change of Status) vice your TOS (Terms of Service).

Info on TOS requirements including Restricted Release Date/Period are found in ADM (HR-MIL) Instruction 05/05, Paras 18-21, and Para 26 is specific to UTPNCM

I'd have a read.  Annex A, Apppendix 1 to the order shows the TOS Sequence by occupation as well.

Congrats to all who were successful!

After looking it over I'm ok I still have 19 years left on my TOS, oh and thx again for the explanation, still wishing good luck to everyone waiting on an offer.

Cheers.

I've been watching this post for months now getting as much info as I could from all of you.  THANK YOU to all who are sharing their knowledge!  Especially those who had the courage to go directly to DMIL C for status updates!

I received my HCA offer last week, struggled all week to get past the red tape of university selection processes and managed to get an unconditional acceptance to a preferred Uni!  Just waiting for my message to be amended and will be accepting my offer shortly!  WHOOP WHOOP!

What have people been considering for BTL during the summer months?  Just trying to get some ideas since many more students will be sitting on BTL with no BOTC or French Training to do... don't wanna be bored for 4 summers.

Good luck to all those still waiting, I heard another wave of offers were sent out today!

So i was wondering if anyone could help clarify something for me, when you get posted to your University are you IR or is it a cost move, or do you have to pay for the move yourself? Cause i can't really see myself being IR for 4 years 1000km away from my family and having to take on a demanding course with the added stress. If anyone has gone through UTPNCM and can explin how it usualy works it would be much appreciated.

Thx.

acadieavs said:
So i was wondering if anyone could help clarify something for me, when you get posted to your University are you IR or is it a cost move, or do you have to pay for the move yourself? Cause i can't really see myself being IR for 4 years 1000km away from my family and having to take on a demanding course with the added stress. If anyone has gone through UTPNCM and can explin how it usualy works it would be much appreciated.

Thx.

It is a posting like any other move, so the choice is yours.  You can go IR or you can do a cost move of your family.

Airman said:
If you get your offer for AERE it will specify that you have to do either mech, electrical, computer, aero/aeronautical, or engineering physics. Gone is the option to do hard physics, math, space sciences, or software engineering.
I confirmed this on DWAN, under the ideal and acceptable degree listings for AERE. Since my degree (BSc Physics) is no longer listed, does this mean I could apply for AERE under UTPNCM and complete a B.Eng if accepted to the program ? I know a PSO would try to steer me towards a trade where my degree was a direct qualification (say under SCP), but am curious regardless.

Any utpncm vets out there that can tell me once i signed my offer how long till i get the info about what's to come, if i went NAV am I going to do the ACST (aircrew selection test) prior to comencing Universit ? kind of in the dark here

For anyone that has applied before and not gotten in, at what point did you stop obsessing and gave in to not getting accepted? Do you eventually get any notification on your denial?

Thanks

avstach said:
For anyone that has applied before and not gotten in, at what point did you stop obsessing and gave in to not getting accepted? Do you eventually get any notification on your denial?

Thanks

Hey Avstach,

I'm in the same boat you are, and while I am not an unsuccessful applicant (yet), I'd like to weigh in. Will knowing you didn't get in a month from now or a day from now change anything? I feel like I've wasted the last week worrying about something I can't change. Maybe I did not get in, maybe the person with an offer on the first "wave" will refuse and I'll get picked up. Until you see a message I think that we're all just worrying about something we can't have an effect on.

Looking at last year the non-selection messages were released in mid June. I think until then you are equal parts possibly in and possibly out. I'm going to try and go back to life pre-application, if in June I don't get in then I'll be a dammed rockstar for next year, trust me. If I do get in between now and then I'll be surprised and of course proud to be selected. Either way until the end of June I can do SFA about what is going to happen.

I'll still check this forum of course as a I am happy to see some of the folks I've been talking to for six months head off into the next phase of their careers, but at the end of it I'm done with the worry. It's far too late for me to do anything to change what is going to happen. I hope you can find some way to "cope" in the meantime as well.

Mizzen.

mizzenmast said:
Hey Avstach,

I'm in the same boat you are, and while I am not an unsuccessful applicant (yet), I'd like to weigh in. Will knowing you didn't get in a month from now or a day from now change anything? I feel like I've wasted the last week worrying about something I can't change. Maybe I did not get in, maybe the person with an offer on the first "wave" will refuse and I'll get picked up. Until you see a message I think that we're all just worrying about something we can't have an effect on.

Looking at last year the non-selection messages were released in mid June. I think until then you are equal parts possibly in and possibly out. I'm going to try and go back to life pre-application, if in June I don't get in then I'll be a dammed rockstar for next year, trust me. If I do get in between now and then I'll be surprised and of course proud to be selected. Either way until the end of June I can do SFA about what is going to happen.

I'll still check this forum of course as a I am happy to see some of the folks I've been talking to for six months head off into the next phase of their careers, but at the end of it I'm done with the worry. It's far too late for me to do anything to change what is going to happen. I hope you can find some way to "cope" in the meantime as well.

Mizzen.

Excellent advice.

Mizzenmast, great advice!  I have been moving ahead with my life as though I haven't gotten it.  I refuse to worry about something I can't change, I can just add more leverage to my next application :). Meanwhile, in my real world, I have been offered a career course that is normally given to higher ranks than myself and so I will go on it and apply again, when I can.  I will probably not apply for next year as I will be at the school for my course and I don't want to be dealing with final EO's and the stresses of applying away from my CoC. 
Good luck to everyone who has been offered and those who are continuing to get offers.  I hope to join your ranks one day (I'd love for it to be this year but I am a realist and we will see how things shake out). :)

As Mom said:
Anyone out there get an offer yet? BPSO said it might be late this year May timeframe.
I got mine 2 weeks ago for MARS. Sent in my offer acceptance yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back