• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm two pers from our unit out west have recieved their offers a couple weeks ago. One was infantry the other was LOGO army.

I think it is pretty much done now except few secondary offers which happen if someone does not accept their offer.

MasterInstructor said:
I think it is pretty much done now except few secondary offers which happen if someone does not accept their offer.

Correction. Esquimalt received an offer this morning. No trade was specified. Info is from BPSO office after I asked if they are still getting offers.

Again, CANFORGEN states NLT MAY 18, which means they still have another 2 weeks. Plenty of time

I just got info on my 3rd rejection for Log Sea. Not a message but it was through the CM. I was told I was not close to make the cut. Even if few people did not take their offers, I would not make it.

This also disproves the info on 15 positions and 16 applicants

Damen said:
Any information regarding SCP offers?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've only heard members getting UTPNCM Offers/Messages. I haven't heard anything on SCP. I felt really good about my application right after my interview. As the months go by I'm feeling less confident.

I found out from an insider that I did not make the cut for two of my trades I was competing for. I inquired about the third trade and was told that a mandatory piece of the application was not completed, so I was ineligible from meriting on that board. To add insult to injury, I was told that it would have been my most competitive option (not a guaranteed win, but a chance), had I completed the final piece.

I had never heard of that piece of the application and I don't know if I have any options aside from waiting another year and competing again. Has this happened to anybody? Anyone have suggestions for moving forward?

sheilainthevalley said:
I found out from an insider that I did not make the cut for two of my trades I was competing for. I inquired about the third trade and was told that a mandatory piece of the application was not completed, so I was ineligible from meriting on that board. To add insult to injury, I was told that it would have been my most competitive option (not a guaranteed win, but a chance), had I completed the final piece.

I had never heard of that piece of the application and I don't know if I have any options aside from waiting another year and competing again. Has this happened to anybody? Anyone have suggestions for moving forward?

You would need to wait another year. Too bad your BPSO office did not catch the missing piece. Which piece was it if you do not mind me asking?

The RCEME NCMs CM brief for this year had a slide about in service selection and listed that for UTPNCM last year there were almost 300 applications for 156 positions. Anyone can go look at this as its on DWAN on any of the 4 RCEME trades occupation info. No particular mention of any individual trade.

The BPSO in my selection year mentioned that Log is one of the most sought after positions. 16 applicants for 15 spots makes no sense....maybe 16 from that base would be more accurate?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

sheilainthevalley said:
It was a written test on communication.

I ha e never heard of that for any trade. There is a personality test (Maybe all officer) required for some trades. Your BPSO should have given you that information. You could file a grievance but next years selection will be faster...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sheilainthevalley said:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if it was not your fault I would submit a grievance. If it was your fault, reapply next year and get all prerequisite completed on time.

winnipegoo7 said:
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if it was not your fault I would submit a grievance. If it was your fault, reapply next year and get all prerequisite completed on time.

I had no idea about the test. I would assume the PSO should have told me. I am pretty familiar with policy and it took me a bit of digging to verify the necessity of the test, but maybe it was my responsibility to ask for the test to be administered? Even if the grievance was found it my favour I’m not sure what type of result would come of it. I’m not out to get anybody in trouble, I’m just disappointed that it feels like I wasted this year’s competition.

Pretty sure they are talking about the additional testing for a PAffO application.

From experience this year, if the PSO doesn't mention it (i.e. get you to do it) you wouldn't even know it's required.

I put in for PAO this year as well. The Test is the Written Communication Proficiency Test. So long as you pass it your file goes to the board, if it's incomplete or you fail then your file stops immediately.

Hoping to see a message soon one way or another. Hopeful, but there were only 2 UTP spots open for it last year; so time will tell.

I'm assuming those selected would know by now, but we'll see what happens!

According to PSO office (as of this morning), there have been no UTP offers through Trenton yet. There was an Ottawa conference stipulated as a delay for the cutting of messages, they are expecting them by the end of May.

nordi said:
According to PSO office (as of this morning), there have been no UTP offers through Trenton yet. There was an Ottawa conference stipulated as a delay for the cutting of messages, they are expecting them by the end of May.

Thanks for that. I'm in Trenton as well (2 air mov)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back