• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheist_in_a_Foxhole said:
right now I'm not even fit to lick the boots of anyone who has done a tour.

Wrong.

And I meant that in a nice way, not "you are fit to lick the boots of anyone who has done a tour".

Didn't want to start a new thread. Hopefully someone can answer this question. The message states that you need to be QL5 qualified to apply so let's say someone who is 5s qualified did a VOT to another trade and holds QL3 in that trade. Is it still possible to get accepted for UTPNCM or do you need to get 5s qualified in the new trade before applying?

Has anyone who's done UTPNCM at civvy university applied for universities outside of their home area?  I live in Halifax( good Uni's here), but would like to try university in Ottawa, or Victoria. 

Yes, a good portion of the UTP's that I know picked Universities that were not in their area.  Sometimes it was a way to get back home, other times because one school had a better program than what was offered where they live.

Has anyone heard about the date the board is sitting?  I had understood that it was in early Jan, but I heard today that it is not sitting until 11-Mar.  I thought that it would be a bit late for it given that they are stated in the message that COS is 1-April or so.

Thanks in advanced!

G

There was mention in another thread that the board might be sitting late this year.  Just wondering if #1 anyone can confirm or deny this and #2 if anyone has received an offer for UTPNCM for 2010 yet?

Please post if you know anything, I'm dying of anticipation here!

Not that this is going to help. The Board has sat and the offers/msgs should be out soon.  I am on the same boat.

Thanks for the info, definitely let me (and anyone else reading this) know when you get your offer.  Best of luck to you.

i'm standing by for an ot message...any day now i think!!

i think all these messages run along the same time line

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, my application is in just waiting for a reply. If anyone hears any more information or gets an offer please let me know and I will do the same.

Thanks

Hey guys I have a personal contact who spoke directly with board contacts
The board sat last week, and messages should be out by the end of next week if not sooner
good luck

I've been waiting for a reply as well.  My unit adjt said he contacted dmca and was told they would be putting the messages out after the march break, which is this week.  Wait and see i suppose. 

wheel spanner said:
I have seen a few offers on the east coast come in today, but all for RMC.

Just wondering if the non-acceptance messages are coming out at the same time?

fndr4ever said:
Just wondering if the non-acceptance messages are coming out at the same time?

In past years, I've noticed that the non-acceptance messages typically trail the acceptance messages.  It would appear that some priority is given to getting the offers out to facilitate moves, etc. 

I believe that upon offer you have something like 10 business days to respond and accept.  Then I'd imagine that 2nd round of offers go out, again with another 10 business days to respond.. last year it seemed to be about 6 weeks between offers and rejections going out.  I had one friend who made it and one who didn't.  Perhaps I'm wrong but this is what I recall from my collegues from last year.  Still nothing for me, I'm in central Canada. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back