• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

I hate myself for thinking/saying this, but being in the NCR I do see a point for DEU.

If you're a senior officer in a meeting with equivalent Public Service folks, what should you wear?
images

Then convert the points used in the field force from No 3 to No 1. Provide initial issue and then provide the catalogue option based on UIC. If you are going to need CADPAT most of the year, you have that catalogue unlocked to replenish what you use day to day. HQ? Welcome to No 3 Catalogue Land. Ceremonial is your main jam (Bands, CG, etc...) You have more options for No 1 items.

Its easy enough to set this up in a Database, but then again, I also have seen Career Management via Excel spreadsheet so I have my doubts.
OK - are you suggesting that the points will be "X number for DEU and Y number for CADPAT"?

Why wouldn't it just be one big pool of points to spend as you wish?

I'm not trying to be argumentative - I just really honestly don't know why everyone, regardless of UIC, doesn't just have the entire catalogue. Also, I'm not sure if folks TD to another UIC (say Ceremonial Guard or whatever) would switch catalogues in Logistik. That would seem like another reason to have the entire catalogue open to everyone.

As for the sweater I'd much rather wear something like this;
I may or may not have shed a tear when I had to give up my old wool sweater for the new style.

OK - are you suggesting that the points will be "X number for DEU and Y number for CADPAT"?

Why wouldn't it just be one big pool of points to spend as you wish?

I'm not trying to be argumentative - I just really honestly don't know why everyone, regardless of UIC, doesn't just have the entire catalogue. Also, I'm not sure if folks TD to another UIC (say Ceremonial Guard or whatever) would switch catalogues in Logistik. That would seem like another reason to have the entire catalogue open to everyone.
Needs based supply versus our current "fuck it, I need a new pair of winter boots to go skidooing" system we have in place. Especially with the shifting of operational clothing online, I would definitely want to ensure that the SoI for members match what they need while in a specific billet.

As for TD, same thing that happens now pretty much. CFTPO has an SoI, take CFTPO with you to Clothing Stores, have items drawn based on need.

There are folks that have held onto operational kit for decades while being nowhere near the field force, but since it's on their docs and no one asked about it when they were clearing out....

Meanwhile Pte Bloggin can't get a proper fitting frag vest because they're out of stock....

@Halifax Tar can jump in if I'm out of my lane here, but it seems to me we need to narrow the use cases instead of opening up the keys to the candy store.

I hate myself for thinking/saying this, but being in the NCR I do see a point for DEU.

If you're a senior officer in a meeting with equivalent Public Service folks, what should you wear? The PS folks would be wearing at least a button-down shirt, slacks, and dress shoes. Maybe a blazer/suit jacket, maybe a tie. Same with a conference, with industry and potentially other nations' militaries.

Patrols is too formal, and operational dress is too informal.

Something I would totally get rid of (or change drastically) is the damn sweater. The current iteration is awful in every sense - either return to the old thick wool version which is not an amorphous blob with a douche-neck V, or change it to a zippered sweater. I prefer the latter.

Call me a the anti Christ but I think the public prefers the image of us in work dress / combats over some fancy suit and tie.

I think our DEUs (All orders of dress) should be put away for everything but ceremonial occasions.

Call me a the anti Christ but I think the public prefers the image of us in work dress / combats over some fancy suit and tie.

I think our DEUs (All orders of dress) should be put away for everything but ceremonial occasions.
Good afternoon:

FWIW I tend to agree for the most part with this - except those working in HQs where CADPAT or NCDs are not required.

Needs based supply versus our current "fuck it, I need a new pair of winter boots to go skidooing" system we have in place. Especially with the shifting of operational clothing online, I would definitely want to ensure that the SoI for members match what they need while in a specific billet.

As for TD, same thing that happens now pretty much. CFTPO has an SoI, take CFTPO with you to Clothing Stores, have items drawn based on need.

There are folks that have held onto operational kit for decades while being nowhere near the field force, but since it's on their docs and no one asked about it when they were clearing out....

Meanwhile Pte Bloggin can't get a proper fitting frag vest because they're out of stock....

@Halifax Tar can jump in if I'm out of my lane here, but it seems to me we need to narrow the use cases instead of opening up the keys to the candy store.

Ya I'd drastically cut out orders of dress.

But I'm also the guy that think we should be selling all uniforms (minus FFO ect) after initial issue.

I wear NCD's when I cross the brow to go to sea (sadly very rarely now) or when I go to the range to shoot (even more rarely).

Funny thing, when I was representing HMCS Queen at a function at 15 Wing Moose Jaw I was wearing TWL's because it was summer, I like wearing them, and it was damn hot. The local business civilians kept talking to me vice the base commander (who was wearing the Air Force CADPAT). Was it my sunny disposition or the uniform that made them do that. Dunno, just an observation.

Finally, I thank god that the new NCD's are not bloused like the CADPATs. I think the blousing thing looks even more idiotic than the worn out arses I see at Carling!

I wear NCD's when I cross the brow to go to sea (sadly very rarely now) or when I go to the range to shoot (even more rarely).

Funny thing, when I was representing HMCS Queen at a function at 15 Wing Moose Jaw I was wearing TWL's because it was summer, I like wearing them, and it was damn hot. The local business civilians kept talking to me vice the base commander (who was wearing the Air Force CADPAT). Was it my sunny disposition or the uniform that made them do that. Dunno, just an observation.

Finally, I thank god that the new NCD's are not bloused like the CADPATs. I think the blousing thing looks even more idiotic than the worn out arses I see at Carling!

Fair enough. I hate dress uniforms, so my bias is thick. Id much rather a set of grease stained dungarees and a peaked cap, over a suit and tie.

Back