• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Amazingly the world got over women wearing pants to work without issue (among many other things were prophesized to cause the collapse of the western world/militaries)

Who cares what they look like if they can do their job? The Infantry guys I work with in 2017 in Latvia were miles smarter than the guys I went to Afghanistan 2008 and no better or worse at their jobs. I have no doubt that has been the case throughout history. Some of the battle group like the Italians & Spanish already had relaxed grooming standards and they seem to be okay soldiers but I guess maybe long hair makes you not disciplined or something. Someone should have told JTF2 though, have you seen those useless twat's beards and hair? Clearly not good soldiers with that kind of grooming.....
JTF2 assaulters are trying to not obviously look like CAF members (OPSEC?) and they have had latitude to that from their inception. We used to joke in the battalion you can tell when secret squirrels are around because they stood out with scruffy hair and Beards back in the day

And getting women to wear pants is not an issue, in fact encouraged for uniformity. JUST LIKE LOSE THE ME, ME, ME hair/nails/jewlery what ever. You and I strongly disagree.

What was the point of adding in these new relaxed dress regs?

I spoke to some army cadets who are in the process of applying for the CAF recently. I asked them if this new dress regs made them want to join. Nope. One wants to join and fix helicopters and the other wants to join and out in frigates. WOW! People that actually want to join and don't care they might have to follow dress regs.

NOW, civy side. There are so many customer engagement/service work positions they will NOT hire you if you look like a circus freak. And many other jobs won't touch you if because they simply feel your out to attract attention or make a me statement. Thats f-ing reality. Are you Reg F or Class B? If so, your out of touch with civy side.

Nothing wrong with uniformity and excellent grooming standards, it speaks volumes on one's professionalism.

So no clue how effective they are at their roles nor is even relevant to CA formal DEU considering you are looking at RCAF personnel.

What is the relevance to changing CA dress? I must be missing something here
It might be relevant to the tax-paying public. Rightly or wrongly, they have a view of what a (soldier) should look like and thinks little enough of matters military as it is.

I've seen people be presented medals in their combats. Change the Dress Regs.

Well if we are really going back in time, we used to fine dine in the same kit we'd fight in.
Or was it fight in the same kit you fine dined in?

One last point of clarity.
Ship's officers had to be competent back then!

Pump It Mic Drop GIF by FullMag

JTF2 assaulters are trying to not obviously look like CAF members (OPSEC?) and they have had latitude to that from their inception. We used to joke in the battalion you can tell when secret squirrels are around because they stood out with scruffy hair and Beards back in the day

And getting women to wear pants is not an issue, in fact encouraged for uniformity. JUST LIKE LOSE THE ME, ME, ME hair/nails/jewlery what ever. You and I strongly disagree.

What was the point of adding in these new relaxed dress regs?

I spoke to some army cadets who are in the process of applying for the CAF recently. I asked them if this new dress regs made them want to join. Nope. One wants to join and fix helicopters and the other wants to join and out in frigates. WOW! People that actually want to join and don't care they might have to follow dress regs.

NOW, civy side. There are so many customer engagement/service work positions they will NOT hire you if you look like a circus freak. And many other jobs won't touch you if because they simply feel your out to attract attention or make a me statement. Thats f-ing reality. Are you Reg F or Class B? If so, your out of touch with civy side.

Nothing wrong with uniformity and excellent grooming standards, it speaks volumes on one's professionalism.
I am fairly in touch with what some aspects of civvyland require but not sure what relevance it is to changing the CA DEU?

Nor do I see how one's hair, beard or other appearance matters to changing the DEU either. I get some of you detest the changes in dress ( I have expressed my own opinion) but it means nothing wrt the issue
Nor in my opinion does dress define one's professionalism and aptitude at their role.

You've never met a Stoker before. Some of the hardest working and most technically competent and dedicated folks, who also seem to take an organizational pride in looking scruffy and unkept. Love my engineers!
One that worked for me was like that. Super competent but a complete bag-o-shite. Twenty years later he still goes by Dirt.

And finally end the Square Rig revival debate?

Count Me In High School Musical GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+
I dunno. Seeing the AB get birds in The Warship: Tour of Duty for being adrift whilst wearing tropical square rig looked totally anachronistic. The rig also looked sharp as hell.

WW1 uniform was based on gentlemens Norfolk hunting attire.

WW2 battledress was based on golfing clothes.

Perhaps modern work dress should be a polo shirt, chinos and sneakers with a decent jacket.

On a hot summer day at a ceremonial function, I actually felt sorry for my brethren who didn’t posses a summer weight uniform.

View attachment 76430

Some were lucky to find some shade😊

All kidding aside, I’m hoping that the Army get some comfortable duds!

Speaking of comfortable, I’m going to have to resubmit my dress committee submission for the “flex-waistband” pants.
Looking sharp Don 😀

lol Im just trying to get ya going, that new badge makes it so easy.
I wear the stache, but in no way am I a willing supporter of it.

I can dish out the cynicism, and I can easily take the barbs tossed at me as well!

WW1 uniform was based on gentlemens Norfolk hunting attire.

WW2 battledress was based on golfing clothes.

Perhaps modern work dress should be a polo shirt, chinos and sneakers with a decent jacket.
You sure?

proud-boys-northcott-050717.jpg

Back