• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Updated Army Service Dress project

Even if the ball cap were authorized the Regiments would balk at letting the troops wear it.
Simple solution: Make it a Regimental ball cap.

Of course, then the kit shop will charge 4x the price and force everyone to wear it.

Here you are. Slap a regie patch on…good to go! :)

View attachment 76863
That is what the Australian Army is doing, sans patch.

I still don't think they allow it in garrison though despite the other services having worn them for decades, because Army (even on the other side of the world).

Not on RCR and PPCLI uniforms. They've switched back to cloth regimental shoulder titles, with some murmuring it will become Army-wide. I think we should go an extra step and add the Canada title on the epaulets, like it was historically.
2881217b4f8ba47848663ff6fd5c88af--patch-army.jpg
Sorry, but the Artillery needs that space for unit titles ... if we ever become a real army again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 07.03.30.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 07.03.30.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 07.03.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 07.03.05.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 10
I think I am one of the few that thinks Stetsons would look sharp in service dress…

View attachment 76862

Minus riding breeches and Strathcona boots.

:)
if worn with a little style, they doo look sharp and actually help protect from sun.......but - pain to maintain in wet weather or during long term storage ie) the brim will develop waves in it over time. can't just tuck them away anywhere, or risk crushing the crown and or brim. if worn incorrectly, look like a dogs breakfast, but i guess that can go with any lid
images

800px-Pass_and_Review.jpg

Does this not drive anyone else nuts, but me. Bluest on the right, Greenest on the left, in single rank.......Size..........yeesh. I get that height thing, but from a distance, im of the belief that grouping the various DEU's together looks more uniform.

Once you’re in the field, you should be allowed to choose between boonie hat, ball cap or toque (fleece or otherwise, if it’s green, who cares?), and wear OTW shirts and comfy boots. But apparently if we do that, the army will become an undisciplined mob and anarchy will reign… :rolleyes:
Could also make an argument that if you want sharp dress, you should wear some iteration of No. 3s, and that if a situation isn't suited to service dress, it's also not likely to be one where beret toque/boonie/etc. choices (see also: gloves, scarves, underlayers, etc.) matter.

Even if the ball cap were authorized the Regiments would balk at letting the troops wear it.
Well the RSMs, I’m sure the regiments would jump at the chance to sell officially licensed filed ball caps.

• Humorous
Reactions: ueo
I detest the “coat of many colours” parades.
I detest the idea of excluding people from unit functions because their hat/t-shirt/DEU is the wrong colour.

If the navy didn't want me(Sgt) on parades with my ship, they can take me off the duty watch rotation as well.

I detest the idea of excluding people from unit functions because their hat/t-shirt/DEU is the wrong colour.

If the navy didn't want me(Sgt) on parades with my ship, they can take me off the duty watch rotation as well.
I totally understand your point.
Such is the results of our unification.
Which ironically isn't very unified.

See below.

I totally understand your point.
Such is the results of our unification.
Which ironically isn't very unified.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Damn straight! This crusty old ex-WO says Beret on, hands out of the pocket and boots bloused damn it. Call me senile. Waaaaaaaayyyy back in my day, we ...where was I going with this?
About blousing boots…

😏

Back