• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

I’m - it’s frustrating that we can’t get them all out. Dithering seems to be in vogue these days.

Lashkar Gah has fallen

I wonder if there are any lessons the Afghan government can take from the situation in Syria which seemed similarly bleak for Assad.

Lashkar Gah has fallen

I wonder if there are any lessons the Afghan government can take from the situation in Syria which seemed similarly bleak for Assad.
Invite Russia to come in and bomb everyone indiscriminately? Drop barrel bombs on hospitals?

provided they can complete the eforms and have their personal documents notarized in the next 20 minutes. Oh and they must have a current covid test that is acceptable. How pray tell are they supposed to get here? Scheduled air service is probably booked by now. They couldn't even provide passage for the few hundred or so families who worked for us with 10 years to set it up.

Maybe our prime minister could don some traditional afghani clothes and go visit. Do some dancing, maybe broker a peace deal. Could even mean a seat on the UN security council.
Ah yes.

Must be election season when even talking about the chaos in Afghanistan brings out talk of Trudeau.

Ah yes.

Must be election season when even talking about the chaos in Afghanistan brings out talk of Trudeau.
Whatever works :sneaky:

"This is very personal," said Sajjan, who did three tours in Afghanistan as a reserve force intelligence liaison officer. "This is very personal to me as well.
It must be very hard for the architect of Op Medusa to see this happening.

It will include families of interpreters who already have immigrated, women leaders, members of minorities targeted by the Taliban and journalists.

What about members of the ANA and ANP who will be targeted by the Taliban?

Screenshot
View attachment 66010
And fwow them wuffwy to the gwound those wascals.

What a fucking useless organization the UN is.

And yes I have a very personal connection to Afghanistan.

Is anyone else wondering why the pull-out of a handful of US personnel is causing the collapse of the whole country?

How come we aren't hearing anything about the 150-180,000 ANA everyone has spent the last decade and a half equipping and training?

:unsure:

Is anyone else wondering why the pull-out of a handful of US personnel is causing the collapse of the whole country?

How come we aren't hearing anything about the 150-180,000 ANA everyone has spent the last decade and a half equipping and training?

because it only exists on paper.

local commander says he has 100 men under his command, demands salary for 100 men, actually has 20. Pockets the difference.

Whatever works?
Yeah, because the same general approach worked for the Soviets so well, right? Although this time, the opposition wouldn't have American help, so there IS that ....

Yeah, because the same general approach worked for the Soviets so well, right? Although this time, the opposition wouldn't have American help, so there IS that ....
Say what you will, but the Russians along with assads brutality turned the tide and won their war in Syria after it looked very much like Damascus would fall.

And if if came down to supporting a brutal Afghan regime that murdered their own people in order to maintain a grip over the nation or just handing it over the to the Taliban, I know which one I would choose, however distasteful.

Sad when you think the thousands of lives and billions of dollars put into Afghanistan to bring us to this very unsurprising point.

Say what you will, but the Russians along with assads brutality turned the tide and won their war in Syria after it looked very much like Damascus would fall.

And if if came down to supporting a brutal Afghan regime that murdered their own people in order to maintain a grip over the nation or just handing it over the to the Taliban, I know which one I would choose, however distasteful.

If you want to see some 'murdering', just watch closely over the next few months or so.

Back