• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Just for clarity, you don’t think they are attempting to influence the election?
Well, that is who’s trying to interfere with Western democracy more than anyone else.

Here’s the indictment: https://www.justice.gov/d9/2024-09/u.s._v._kalashnikov_and_afanasyeva_indictment_0.pdf

It’s an interesting run through of a pretty bread and butter hostile state influence operation. The U.S. company and several media personalities are easy to identify. As can be seen, investigation has been very active since early this year and up to as recently as a few weeks ago. Since that operation was launched and ramped up in the run up to the U.S. election, obviously any succesful detection and investigation thereof must necessarily be with the election approaching too.

We do want these hostile foreign acts detected, disrupted, and prosecuted, right?
Well for clarity, I came down on neither side.

As a Canadian Veteran and a patriot, I abhor any foriegn, or domestic, interference in our elections or government. My oath has no expiry date.

Unlike our current government who won't tell us who our prospective traitors are.

Sorry to ruin your gotcha moment.😉😁

Well for clarity, I came down on neither side.

As a Canadian Veteran and a patriot, I abhor any foriegn, or domestic, interference in our elections or government. My oath has no expiry date.

Unlike our current government who won't tell us who our prospective traitors are.

Sorry to ruin your gotcha moment.😉😁
What gotcha moment?

It was a simple question. You either think there is interference or there isn’t.

You being a veteran, a patriot and taking an oath is irrelevant to what I asked and is not an answer.

You lecture about making assumptions so in that spirit clarity was sought. If you prefer me making an assumption based on what you wrote then don’t get upset. From there we can see where this takes us.

What gotcha moment?

It was a simple question. You either think there is interference or there isn’t.

You being a veteran, a patriot and taking an oath is irrelevant to what I asked and is not an answer.

You lecture about making assumptions so in that spirit clarity was sought. If you prefer me making an assumption based on what you wrote then don’t get upset. From there we can see where this takes us.

I've got some thicker skin in the back closet if you need it.

They have to have surgeons. School shootings…
And another one; this time in Georgia, four dead (2 teachers, 2 students) and 9 wounded.

So if the criminally accused are not within reach of US police and courts, do you believe the U.S. government should keep such political interference by a foreign power secret from the U.S. population, and prevent them from knowing that they were being repeatedly exposed to (and actively fed) material designed to dupe them? Previously I think you’ve generally been in favour of our governments being more transparent, not less. Why your awkward carve out in this particular context?
There is nothing wrong with advertising what's going on.

The carve out is for the pointlessness of going to trial.

Example.

"Prosecutors said they concluded that a trial, against a corporate defendant with no presence in the United States and no prospect of meaningful punishment even if convicted, would likely expose sensitive law enforcement tools and techniques, “potentially undermining their effectiveness.”"

Example.

"Prosecutors said they concluded that a trial, against a corporate defendant with no presence in the United States and no prospect of meaningful punishment even if convicted, would likely expose sensitive law enforcement tools and techniques, “potentially undermining their effectiveness.”"
<sarcasm>
If they did catch someone and imprison them, biden would just exchange them for a trans basketball player or some such.😉

Example.

I don’t see that they’re going to trial. Generally a criminal trial will require that the accused be within reach to be arraigned and to appear before the court. In this case, they’re laid charges, in case the accused ever do come within reach (and they can be a very long reach), and a decent exposure of the factual allegations can be made, which at least helps someone in preserving democratic integrity.

It doesn’t sound like you really have any issue with this particular indictment, so I think we find ourselves agreed.

Not really a surprise.

“I don’t believe that we have the luxury of writing in candidates’ names, particularly in swing states,” she said. “As a conservative, as someone who believes in and cares about the Constitution, I have thought deeply about this. Because of the danger that Donald Trump poses, not only am I not voting for Donald Trump, but I will be voting for Kamala Harris.”

And another one; this time in Georgia, four dead (2 teachers, 2 students) and 9 wounded.

Facepalm 🤦

Back