• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawfare was mentioned in the video. Did you watch the whole thing? Brihard has admitted he doesn't watch video and won't consider it to be anything but social media fluff. Are you the same? I'm sure Trumps team is bound to bring it to the courts attention. It remains to be seen if it will be evidence or not. That's beyond my vision.

People will draw whatever conclusion they want. I am only responsible for mine.
So again, for someone who frequently says something to the tune of “it’s my opinion”, getting mad about other people’s opinions is an interesting step.

Lawfare was mentioned in the video. Did you watch the whole thing? Brihard has admitted he doesn't watch video and won't consider it to be anything but social media fluff. Are you the same? I'm sure Trumps team is bound to bring it to the courts attention. It remains to be seen if it will be evidence or not. That's beyond my vision.

People will draw whatever conclusion they want. I am only responsible for mine.
You are missing the point. He’s the head public affairs guy. He’s on par with the head of HR or DEI etc in his particular sub group of the DOJ. The guy is offering an opinion not an admission of fact. Crowder says it’s a full blown admission of fact which, like you like to point out is the media using misleading headlines.

His headline is:

1725796253532.png

As opposed to « DOJ Head of Public Affairs caught on camera offering his opinion on the indictments. »

It’s easy to see that Crowder doing what he does, and you are latching on to specific wording to formulate something that isn’t what you think it is. (Before lecturing me on your source, you did say I could say what I wanted to about Crowder). You are seeing smoke yes, but it’s coming from a BBQ two blocks away in this case.

Absolutely a senior official gave his opinion when he shouldn’t have but it’s hardly evidence of anything other than a guy who gave his opinion when he shouldn’t have.

You got all pissy at me before when I quoted your whole post but only addressed a certain point. I told you then, the next time I wanted to address a point of yours, I'd cut the rest out and only address what was left. That's all I did.
Which is fine. But if in doing so you ignore something I said that counters your point, I’ll helpfully remind you of that.

And you're right, I won’t accept a verdict until the appeals are done. I have a healthy distrust of big governmment, having seen them exposed too many times. Democrat or Republican. Liberal and Conservative. Too much money, grift and dishonesty. All for power. Because once they taste that power, it's never enough.I see absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until a person exhausts all legal action, because it's their right.
Which is also fine. I share the belief in “innocent until proven guilty”. But guilt in criminal court depends on lots more than just what factually happened, and those factual events can still make for useful conversation about a person’s qualities.

If they hadn't protected Biden and charged him for his theft of classified documents, I'd be happy as a pig in shit.. However, I'd wait until his appeal was in before crowing about it. Even though I think there is plenty of guilt there, he's entitled to that.

And yet you’ve got on repeatedly about the “Biden Crime Family”, including just earlier this summer. You don’t hesitate to describe someone as criminal if you feel like doing so.

Hunter Biden is of course one- he just pled guilty days ago. You never waited for that though.

All your warrants, affidavits and grand jury's, that you love shoving in people's faces, don't prove guilt. They prove someone on one side wants someone else in court. They are not proof of guilt. If all appeals fail and the person is sentenced, you can make the assumption the paperwork was correct. If they win on appeal, you can assume the paperwork that got it going was faulty.

As said above, we can discuss things that have factually happened and figure out what it means. Neither you nor I determine someone’s criminal guilt; courts do. You and I can both look at something and says “well that’s not right” and lay out, for discussion, the evidence. When I post links to legal pleadings - I didn’t realize you have one of those computer monitors that pops it off the screen and shoves it in your face, sorry - I’m offering others the chance to form their opinion from the same quality of evidence.

Nothing will change. You'll still hate Trump
I certainly have a low opinion of him.

and proclaim me as some sort of conspiracy theorist because I don't accept your paperwork premise.
More just excessively credulous and not picky about where you source your info.

I'll continue to allow someone the right to exhaust the system in pursuit of their innocence and keep my distrust of big governmment especially with all the criminal behavior of the three letter agencies.

Innocent until proven guilty. Even if that means going to appeal. Why would they have appeal courts if every lower court judgement was infallible? If the law considers them needed to ensure justice is fair, so do I.
I’ve covered this above.

So, in the future, you can continue slagging me and I'll decide whether you warrant an answer. Matter of fact, I'll likely default to our previous status quo for awhile. I'm finding this tedious.
You have always decided if I warrant an answer, no change there. I’ll continue to point out double standards and hypocrisy.

Harris has released her policy platform, just in time for tomorrow’s debate.

I haven’t had the chance to look through this yet, currently on the road. Just sharing it for anyone interested to peruse, since lack of a published platform has been a point of criticism.

Harris has released her policy platform, just in time for tomorrow’s debate.

I haven’t had the chance to look through this yet, currently on the road. Just sharing it for anyone interested to peruse, since lack of a published platform has been a point of criticism.

Interesting how they linked project 2025 for contrast

Last edited:
Interesting how they linked project 2025 for contrast
"Misleading", not "interesting". Trump has for now disavowed that, and the Republican party does have its own platform. Sure, Trump could be flat out lying and secretly intending to fulfill every line written by the "2025" gang, but that's just speculation. To take on "2025" is to take on a strawman instead of meeting the opposing campaign head-on.

Her campaign's challenge is going to be explaining to voters the parts of the current administration's record they want to keep, and the parts of her past record she wants to discard. Was she sincere in 2019 when she was a long-shot Democratic primary candidate free to say what she believed, or is she sincere in 2024 with the presidential brass ring ahead? She has to answer that to voter satisfaction in a way that convinces most that she is not simply opportunistic.

Yet some think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. To be a fly on the wall and see her dealing face to face with any type of head of state would be entertaining.

She’s the Vice President of the United States. She’a had no shortage of direct formal comms with world leaders in the course of formal state visits, diplomatic engagements as head of delegation, and less formal interactions in the course of working problems bilaterally.

Q
"Misleading", not "interesting". Trump has for now disavowed that, and the Republican party does have its own platform. Sure, Trump could be flat out lying and secretly intending to fulfill every line written by the "2025" gang, but that's just speculation. To take on "2025" is to take on a strawman instead of meeting the opposing campaign head-on.

Her campaign's challenge is going to be explaining to voters the parts of the current administration's record they want to keep, and the parts of her past record she wants to discard. Was she sincere in 2019 when she was a long-shot Democratic primary candidate free to say what she believed, or is she sincere in 2024 with the presidential brass ring ahead? She has to answer that to voter satisfaction in a way that convinces most that she is not simply opportunistic.
Quite Possible. But it seems to be sticking regardless. JD Vance writing to forward for it didn’t really help.

trump says lots of things, most untrue, why should anyone take his disavowal of project 2025 at face value? especially given his connections to it?
Yes; everything Trump claims is a Schrodinger's Cat situation. Amusingly, that doesn't dissuade people from taking his most obnoxious statements of intent at face value if it stokes their antipathy a little more. But there's still a Republican platform, which is the proper point of contrast. Also "but": these platforms are mostly just aspirational statements. Congress has a role.

Trump's credibility (lack of) is already baked in, and people have some idea what to expect from a Trump administration. He's still mostly a political centrist by American standards (reminder for the hard of thinking: his response to his election defeat was not a policy issue), who was once a Democrat.

Harris's credibility is at stake. She has declared her values haven't changed; she has at the same time executed about turns on some policy points. If she can't provide direct explanations of the evolution of her thinking, it's fair to conclude she's being more opportunistic and less honest now than in 2019 because a much larger goal is much closer to her grasp.

Yes; everything Trump claims is a Schrodinger's Cat situation. Amusingly, that doesn't dissuade people from taking his most obnoxious statements of intent at face value if it stokes their antipathy a little more. But there's still a Republican platform, which is the proper point of contrast. Also "but": these platforms are mostly just aspirational statements. Congress has a role.

Trump's credibility (lack of) is already baked in, and people have some idea what to expect from a Trump administration. He's still mostly a political centrist by American standards (reminder for the hard of thinking: his response to his election defeat was not a policy issue), who was once a Democrat.

Harris's credibility is at stake. She has declared her values haven't changed; she has at the same time executed about turns on some policy points. If she can't provide direct explanations of the evolution of her thinking, it's fair to conclude she's being more opportunistic and less honest now than in 2019 because a much larger goal is much closer to her grasp.
She needs to come out of hiding and answer the hardball questions first. One interview pretaped at roughly 48 minutes, chopped to 17 minutes with her talking for 7 minutes. Her campaign speeches are scripted, by her handlers, and repeated almost verbatim anywhere she goes. She's not allowed to ad lib. Avoids reporters by wearing headphones attached to her phone that she holds to her ear. Yup, real presidential material. Biden promised a lot when he was campaigning, then went nuts on arrival. Same handlers, same promises.

Why would anyone take Harris' word that it does?
Because of Trump’s known ties and public praise of the Heritage Foundation, the extensive involvement of Pat Trump officials in its drafting, and literally choosing a guy who’s written the forward to their upcoming book on the project as his VP pick. That’s quite a bit of tangible evidence aligning Trump with the project’s group and authors.

Things may be changing. Perhaps the honeymoon is over.

Nate Silver's Latest Projection: Trump Wins Every Battleground​

By Eric Mack | Monday, 09 September 2024 11:08 AM

A shocking new projection from pollster Nate Silver has Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump winning every swing state en route to an election landslide over Vice President Kamala Harris, Mediaite reported

Silver's update came after Sunday's New York Times/Siena College poll gave Trump a lead nationally over Harris — 1 point head to head and 2 points with third-party candidates — blunting any post-Democratic National Convention bump.

"This is one of our highest-rated pollsters, so it has a fair amount of influence on the numbers, reducing Harris' lead in our national polling average to 2.5 points, which would put her in dangerous territory in the Electoral College," Silver teased on his Silver Bulletin blog before Monday's update.

"And our model is more bearish on Harris still because of its convention bounce adjustment and its assessment of economic 'fundamentals.'"

Silver's statistical modeling to project the Electoral College winner is more complex than a number comparison, as it uses data points outside mere polling.

"You're welcome to debate the mechanics of the adjustment, but recent polls confirm its basic hypothesis that there's been a shift in momentum against Harris," Silver continued.

Tuesday's debate will potentially reshape — if not define — the race next, Silver wrote in his contemporaneous analysis

"The good news for Harris is that there's a debate on Tuesday, and if she turns in a strong performance, nobody is going to care so much about the Times poll," Silver wrote.

Other data modelers show a more competitive race than Silver projects.

With 270 needed to win, RealClearPolitics has Harris ahead with 273 electoral votes, and Project 538 gives Harris 281 electoral votes to 257 for Trump.

Silver does forecast a slim edge in the popular vote for Harris, giving her a 56% chance to win more American votes versus Trump's 44%, but the Electoral College tally that boils the race down to the seven battleground states picks the next president.

Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are widely considered the seven swing states in this presidential election cycle.

Regardless of Silver's landslide projection, the Tuesday debate and the following two months of campaigning leave a wide-open race between Trump and Harris.

"Needless to say, stranger things have happened than a candidate who was behind in the polls winning," Silver concluded. "And in America's polarized political climate, most elections are close and a candidate is rarely out of the running."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back