• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAdm Norman - Supply Ship contract: Legal fight

I really hope this is false, because the shit storm that will follow is going to be massive.

Wonder why the Queens Cowboys are doing the investigation and not the MP/NIS/NCIU. The MP group put out a statement earlier saying they weren't conducting or knew of any investigation.

Inspir said:
Wonder why the Queens Cowboys are doing the investigation and not the MP/NIS/NCIU. The MP group put out a statement earlier saying they weren't conducting or knew of any investigation.

*Speculation only* the Provost Marshal works directly for the VCDS. Maybe they needed to shunt it outside of the organization entirely.

Well, it doesn't involve murder, fraud or rape, so it is rather refreshing military crime story.  Seriously, going public is not something one should be doing and expecting to have a job afterward.  He should have done the Unification resignation thing, 1. go public with resignation and his reasons for resignation; 2. enjoy reputation as most ethical flag officer in modern times; 3. become military folk hero to disgruntled ratings after death. 

gryphonv said:
I really hope this is false, because the crap storm that will follow is going to be massive.

And cue " more mandatory training "

If what is reported I'd correct, then it is covered by the Security Awareness training that must be completed every 3 years.

dapaterson said:
If what is reported I'd correct, then it is covered by the Security Awareness training that must be completed every 3 years.

Which will now change to annually....  >:D

Any chance Norman may have reported a security breach that was his own fault, and requested an investigation as some have done with ND's? ? Would Vance have taken the same action?  Here is the most senior sailor with 36 years in the mob, this is all a  bit odd. 

Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that the info that the VCDS was fired because he leaked classified info to the media was itself leaked to the media?

PuckChaser said:
Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that the info that the VCDS was fired because he leaked classified info to the media was itself leaked to the media?

Not sure I would use the adjective 'hilarious' to describe the irony, but yes, it most likely hasn't gone unnoticed by many.  "A source....." 

Some may posit that 'a leak begets a leak,' although that then raises the question of how far apart from each other are the respective moral planes of the military and the media.

Regards
G2G

Inspir said:

In my experience during my time as an MP, the trade is incapable of conducting proper unbiased investigations on senior ranks.  Unfourtunately rank very much influences how investigations are completed and the trade (without even realizing it most of the time) allows outside interference because people seem to be hesitant to tell anyone above the rank of LCol to back off.

I think the Mounties taking the lead on this is the best thing for the CF to ensure a properly investigated, transparent investigation.

Just my opinion though.

Gents, I really don't want to be "that guy" but we need to remember that anything we hear will be pure speculation at this point. The Vice has proven to be an honest and upstanding leader to many of us for years. He deserves our objectivity just as he did for us. He has not been charged with anything at this time and even if he is charged it would still require due process.

All I'm saying is this is a man I respected for years. He EARNED that respect. Let's at least wait until the entire story is made public before jumping to conclusions.

Don't forget that the media in all likelihood is monitoring this site like vultures.

..in other news, Leslie is back! As the Liberals put it, it has to align itself with the Trump Govt which only understand Billionaires and ex Generals. A number of cabinet chief of staffs have been re-assigned.

beachdown said:
..in other news, Leslie is back! As the Liberals put it, it has to align itself with the Trump Govt which only understand Billionaires and ex Generals. A number of cabinet chief of staffs have been re-assigned.

Likely a good move, Trump, a private military school graduate, has displayed some affinity for soldiers. 

beachdown said:
the Trump Govt which only understand Billionaires and ex Generals.

I've been on this site a long, long time and never have I had to put up with such a whiny petulant child like yourself.  Must be over 62 million Billionaires and ex-Generals in the USA...........I mean obviously all us pathetic misunderstood common folk couldn't have voted for him.

Lightguns said:
Likely a good move, Trump, a private military school graduate, has displayed some affinity for soldiers.

And I would bet that he may know a few of the new appointments or at least know people that can open doors to said people.

Relax...don't make this a vendetta thing by reading too much into my posts. I only reported what was written in the media. It takes one to know one re: your comment about "petulant child". Did you actually think I was knocking Leslie or the Liberals????

At times, perhaps just pause and read a post again

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I've been on this site a long, long time and never have I had to put up with such a whiny petulant child like yourself.  Must be over 62 million Billionaires and ex-Generals in the USA...........I mean obviously all us pathetic misunderstood common folk couldn't have voted for him.

beachdown said:
Relax...don't make this a vendetta thing by reading too much into my posts. I only reported what was written in the media. It takes one to know one re: your comment about "petulant child". Did you actually think I was knocking Leslie or the Liberals????

At times, perhaps just pause and read a post again

No you actually do more than report what is in the news, you spin it to get an inflamed response. The ' Trump Govt which only understand Billionaires and ex Generals. ' Is you simply trying to troll.

Don't act innocent, at least own up to your own side of things, I may not agree with you but I can respect a guy who stands for his side when he get called out.

You are completely out to lunch. If you can open the attached link...read the exact words or such as written in the article. The only person "trolling" is you....suggesting that you know my intent is like you claiming to be able to read minds or being clairvoyant (which I highly doubt)  ::)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-promotes-former-general-to-forge-closer-ties-with-us/article33643165/

gryphonv said:
No you actually do more than report what is in the news, you spin it to get an inflamed response. The ' Trump Govt which only understand Billionaires and ex Generals. ' Is you simply trying to troll.

Don't act innocent, at least own up to your own side of things, I may not agree with you but I can respect a guy who stands for his side when he get called out.

beachdown said:
You are completely out to lunch. If you can open the attached link...read the exact words or such as written in the article. The only person "trolling" is you....suggesting that you know my intent is like you claiming to be able to read minds or being clairvoyant (which I highly doubt)  ::)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-promotes-former-general-to-forge-closer-ties-with-us/article33643165/

So where in the article does it state 'only understand Billionaires and ex Generals'? I've read the article and there is nothing of the sort, there are statements they are on the same page and , but not 'only understand', it is a spin, Call it what you like, It's still a spin.

Any time you misquote an article, there is a spin, intended or not.

*Edited for Grammar which I always fail at.

Back