• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
Hello all,

New members here. I was in the military for 8.5 years as a Sig Op (later ACISS). I have been out for just over a year now and am looking at getting back in. I was a MCpl upon my release and have many courses such as .50 cal, lots of driver wheel crs, jump course ect.
Question is will they accept me even tho the trade (ACISS) is not in demand, but still open. If so how long may it take? I live in Edmonton but released in Shilo and would like to get back, what are the chances of a cost move right from the start back to Shilo? And am I eligible for a signing bonus? 

No signing bonus anymore

If the trade is open, they are still taking in people then

As for the chances of a Shilo posting, how long it will be, rank upon getting back in, etc  I don't know if anyone here can give you that answer,  you are going to have to apply and discuss this with the CFRC and see what they offer you.

I'm well aware that there is not signing bonus for new recruits, however they still do signing bonuses for pre-skilled, or re-enrollment of QL5/PLQ trained members. I'll speak to my local CFRC.

A message came out a couple years ago, that the CF would no longer give out a signing bonus as manning levels were good, etc.  AFAIK the signing bonus for QL5 qualified Sig Ops, etc is no more.

If you have been out for "less than 5 years" and were released 4.c., then you would be considered as a "high priority" applicant.  Just submit your application online at the forces.ca website and be sure to indicate that you have "prior service".  There should be NO requirement to submit any source documents, as your MPRR will be used for that.

Turn around time from application to re-enrolment, should be relatively short........provided the processing CFRC reads the darn processing instructions applicable in your case!!!

Yes I have only been out for a year and a week. Things are not greener on this side, and I'm looking to get back in.
I'm hoping this goes smooth but it's the military so something that should take a few weeks or a month or so will probably take half a year...

If they follow the processing model, 30-60 days at the most and that is conditional upon obtaining D Mil C support for re-enrolment.

Wjones said:
Yes I have only been out for a year and a week. Things are not greener on this side, and I'm looking to get back in.
I'm hoping this goes smooth but it's the military so something that should take a few weeks or a month or so will probably take half a year...

Just a reminder that YOU made that choice.  Whatever delays or hoops you have to go through to get back in are ultimately of your own design.

With that though, I hope it does go as smoothly as possible.

I'm hoping its pretty straight forward, it's only been a year and really nothing has changed except my current address.
I applied with CFRCC online but have been unable to get ahold of anyone there to find out if I still need to produce copies of my birth certificate and school transcripts, so when my local CFRC opens I'm going to call them to have my application transferred over.
30-60 days is what I'm looking for, I guess I'll have to wait to see what D Mil C says and if they will agree to a cost move.

Crantor said:
Just a reminder that YOU made that choice.  Whatever delays or hoops you have to go through to get back in are ultimately of your own design.

With that though, I hope it does go as smoothly as possible.

I'm fully aware that it was my decision, and they infact may not even take me back, but I'll deal with it as it comes.

-Skeletor- said:
No signing bonus anymore

If he was Reg F, signing bonus wouldn't have applied to him anyway. It was only for DP1-trained PRes members, or pers with civilian quals that allowed them to bypass training in understrength occupations.

Wjones, I fully understand what you are feeling, I believe that they will still require your core documents, birth certificate and school transcripts, besides could it hurt to send them regardless? As for myself 37 days and counting as of today.

Gizmo 421 said:
Wjones, I fully understand what you are feeling, I believe that they will still require your core documents, birth certificate and school transcripts, besides could it hurt to send them regardless? As for myself 37 days and counting as of today.

Have they even contacted you yet???

DAA, yes they have, additional forms faxed in, currently waiting for Guarda hopefully they completed last week, I know that they contacted as least one of my references. In fairness though the 37 days includes the online portion, 30 days is closer to reality on the CFRC side.

edited: for clarity

Gizmo 421 said:
DAA, yes they have, additional forms faxed in, currently waiting for Guarda hopefully they completed last week, I know that they contacted as least one of my references. In fairness though the 37 days includes the online portion, 30 days is closer to reality on the CFRC side.

Upon receipt of your file, they have 24 hours to contact you to verify your MPRR and once you sign off, they as supposed to ask for your "posting prefs".  Then they have "6 business days" to contact D Mil C to obtain CM concurrence and a posn # and then they do the "condensed" processing.  The PLAR is done after re-enrolment, so the only hold up would be the "reliability" clearance.  Nothing more.....

Your MPRR is the "core" source document for the entire process......

DAA, well it really hasn't quite followed that line so far, PM inbound cause details are not for public consumption.

OK some more information looks like I will be re-enrolled on the 30th of July and report to Trenton on the 1st of Aug, hope they don't mind me showing up in civies as I got no uniforms yet. Anyone here work at 8 TIS Squadron?

So a quick background on me
3 years previous service (fully trade qualified, no tours, quite a few courses), 4b release, attempted to join British military, didn't work out now I'm in the process of getting back in.

Applied mid march, was told to expect late May for an offer. Sadly I believed them haha, I know I'm an idiot. I was merit listed last week. Then I recieved a phone call telling me I was de merit listed due to my processing being wrong!? Apparently I was merit listed as an untrained recruit. Do I have to go through the whole merit listing process again?

I'm trying to be patient but the first time I joined the army they lost my application! And then my new one sat for a few months before someone picked it up... And now that I know the British process ours has become all the more disappointing.

Back