• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
I left the reserves 3 years ago and I was in for 3 years. I had a bad breakup and it fucked me up for awhile. I should have gone supp reserve. Will the army allow me to re enlist and retrain me as a reserve INF soldier? and if so should I enlist threw my regiment or go to the recruiting office?

Thankyou!

Releasing from the CF doesn’t bar you from rejoining - circumstances/release item dependent.

Assuming you released on good terms, you are still medically/physically fit, unit accepts you back, etc you will probably be able to back in. 

I would start by speaking with a recruiter at the unit and go from there.

As for retraining, were you DP1/BIQ qualified?  Due to the time passed, you probably won’t have to redo any courses. 

Hi everyone. I just have a quick question I was hoping someone(s) could answer for me. If a reservist wants to OT into a different reserve trade would it make more sense to just release and re apply considering the CF is doing this new expedited recruiting program where they can get in by 30 days or was that simply a small trial they were doing with one or two reserve units. I realize the complexity of these situations with recruitment times, OT/CT's, so I do apologize if that question has been asked before, but I've been skimming through the forum for about an hour and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

luttrellfan said:
If a reservist wants to OT into a different reserve trade  would it make more sense to just release and re apply considering the CF is doing this new expedited recruiting program where they can get in by 30 days or was that simply a small trial they were doing with one or two reserve units. I realize the complexity of these situations with recruitment times, OT/CT's, so I do apologize if that question has been asked before, but I've been skimming through the forum for about an hour and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )
https://army.ca/forums/threads/21109.0.html
31 pages

luttrellfan said:
I was hoping to get some advice from some people who've gone through the CT (with OT) process as well as having to redo the CFAT for a second or third try.

I'm hoping to CT ( with an OT) from the reserves. I've heard stories and did research to see how long CT (OT) take and some of them are quick while others can be dragged out. Do you guys think it would be smart to put in my CT while I wait for my CFAT waiver to go through or am I thinking to far ahead right now?

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular),
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/12797/post-1512499.html#msg1512499

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13076.1950

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of official up to date information.

luttrellfan said:
Hi everyone. I just have a quick question I was hoping someone(s) could answer for me. If a reservist wants to OT into a different reserve trade would it make more sense to just release and re apply considering the CF is doing this new expedited recruiting program where they can get in by 30 days or was that simply a small trial they were doing with one or two reserve units. I realize the complexity of these situations with recruitment times, OT/CT's, so I do apologize if that question has been asked before, but I've been skimming through the forum for about an hour and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Beyond what mariomike posted I would strongly urge AGAINST releasing to change occupations.  First off a release in the PRes isn't going to happen over night.  Releases are not the priority for an already overworked Orderly Room/Ship's Office.  And in most cases Releases have to go from a Unit to a Brigade to a Division to Area and beyond before your release is official.  Second, if it's found out you only released to change occupations you could be labelled as an administrative burden and not be allowed to rejoin (I've seen that happen).

Buck_HRA said:
<b>The only release items that require CDS approval are for 3(a), 5(d) & 5(f).</b>

With my understanding a waiver for approval from the CDS  is also required for a 5(e) release item. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sandboxx said:
With my understanding a waiver for approval from the CDS  is also required for a 5(e) release item. Correct me if I'm wrong.
A 5(e) release requires a 1 year waiting period and the approval level is the Commander of CFRG HQ.

Quick question, so I released from the army about 2 years ago now, currently in the final stages of getting back in. (Basically waiting for the phone call with the offer/ date to swear back in) So it is relatively safe to say this will all happen in the very near future. Curious as to when I would start getting paid again. If it's based on the next pay date as of the day I officially re enroll (swearing back in) or if it would begin the day I report to my posting in Wainwirght as I'm a MCpl getting back. (That would be my guess)

Any info from anyone who has experienced this would be appreciated,
Thanks all!

Pay system doesn't work that quickly. You have to clear in to get stuff started. Even on CT I had to wait 3 months to get paid properly, OR had to give me physical cheques to cash.

What PuckChaser said. I re-enrolled Feb last year and it took 3 months before I was in the pay system. I was in Wainwright and they paid me in cash.

PuckChaser said:
Pay system doesn't work that quickly. You have to clear in to get stuff started. Even on CT I had to wait 3 months to get paid properly, OR had to give me physical cheques to cash.

Thanks for the reply, kind of figured it wouldn't be right away, makes sense, I'd have to clear into the clerks at my unit etc. So basically once I clear into the base I begin getting paid again except it will be in cheques for the first little while?

Thanks

MacD001 said:
Thanks for the reply, kind of figured it wouldn't be right away, makes sense, I'd have to clear into the clerks at my unit etc. So basically once I clear into the base I begin getting paid again except it will be in cheques for the first little while?

Thanks

Yes. The day you report in is when your pay will start. You'll have to see the OR for pay as it'll all be done manually by them. I had the option of taking cash or direct deposit. When doing direct deposit it takes 3-5 days so I just went in every payday, took the cash and deposited into my bank account.

TrunkMonkey315 said:
Yes. The day you report in is when your pay will start. You'll have to see the OR for pay as it'll all be done manually by them. I had the option of taking cash or direct deposit. When doing direct deposit it takes 3-5 days so I just went in every payday, took the cash and deposited into my bank account.

Thanks

Hello,

I am currently in the Military cpl4 rank and considering getting out of the Military so I can finish my degree and re join as an officer. After doing quite a bit of research on the UTPNCM program and reviewing the strategized intake plan on the DIN I found that the intake numbers for UTPNCM are extremely low compared to off the street, which is understandable. I also do not like the fact that there is only one board per year for UTPNCM mostly since I am eager to finish my Degree. After some thought I have decided that I would give UTPNCM 1 attempt and then if not selected release so I can still start school anyway. My question is, how long do I have to be out of the military before I can re apply ROTP? My second question is... if I rejoin ROTP will I get paid the standard OCDT pay or receive the same pay I am currently making as CPL4...similar to how the UTP would work?

K1tesurf said:
Hello,

I am currently in the Military cpl4 rank and considering getting out of the Military so I can finish my degree and re join as an officer. After doing quite a bit of research on the UTPNCM program and reviewing the strategized intake plan on the DIN I found that the intake numbers for UTPNCM are extremely low compared to off the street, which is understandable. I also do not like the fact that there is only one board per year for UTPNCM mostly since I am eager to finish my Degree. After some thought I have decided that I would give UTPNCM 1 attempt and then if not selected release so I can still start school anyway. My question is, how long do I have to be out of the military before I can re apply ROTP? My second question is... if I rejoin ROTP will I get paid the standard OCDT pay or receive the same pay I am currently making as CPL4...similar to how the UTP would work?

What about doing a component transfer to the reserves and re applying from the reserves? The numbers are also low, but I was declined off the street and accepted from within the reserves. When I received my offer it was quoted at the Pte 1 rate of pay.

I was enrolled in the CF from 2007-2008. Unfortunately I did not complete Basic Training. I was released with a 5D; I had some personal issues, now resolved. Had an opportunity to go back to College and my children are now mature.
My son would like to join the Forces (he  will do well completed army cadets with honors). I too would like to return when he puts his application in. However I do have some questions. Firstly, do I have to redo my aptitude test, and start from scratch or will they pull my old file out?
Any recommendations for an older woman, age 43 hoping to apply in a year or so, to get through Basic once again?
Thank You

Green2018 said:
I did not complete Basic Training. I was released with a 5D;

You may find these discussions of interest,

5 ( D )
https://www.google.com/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&ei=rhUOW7PKFev-jwTC0omACQ&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+5d&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca+5d&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.92809.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.Kkf0lbx5x0o

Green2018 said:
Any recommendations for an older woman, age 43 hoping to apply in a year or so, to get through Basic once again?

Advice for women on BMQ
https://army.ca/forums/threads/2420.2175
91 pages.

Am I too old to join/do well/fit in?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/207.0
14 pages.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.

"Unofficial site, not associated with DND or the Canadian Armed Forces."

Hello, I was in the reserves 4 years back, went to supp res because of a new job I took. I am currently still at the job I left the reserves but have recently began the process to go back into the military for armour reg force.

My job not I can make up to 100k if I really tried but I truly do not enjoy being here in fact I really hate my job haha. The advice I am looking for is from soldiers who have been in a while who are married or were getting married when they joined. Is the pay cut worth it. I’m just looking for that final push to get the process over with. My fiancé knows it’s going to be a challenge for her but also knows the job I’m at now has made me a miserable person. If anyone can lend me some advice that me great.

Tyler

Tyguy35 said:
Is the pay cut worth it.

You may find these discussions of interest,

Options on joining, worried about wages... 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/113447.0
OP: "I don’t know that I can handle the pay cut."

Entering the CF and YOUR Money.... 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/26093.200
"Does anyone have any tips for someone having to take a pay cut when joining the forces?"
10 pages.

Military as a career change...?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/96128.0
OP: "the recruit salary is a big cut in pay!!"

etc...

Tyguy35 said:
Hello, I was in the reserves 4 years back, went to supp res because of a new job I took. I am currently still at the job I left the reserves but have recently began the process to go back into the military for armour reg force.

My job not I can make up to 100k if I really tried but I truly do not enjoy being here in fact I really hate my job haha. The advice I am looking for is from soldiers who have been in a while who are married or were getting married when they joined. Is the pay cut worth it. I’m just looking for that final push to get the process over with. My fiancé knows it’s going to be a challenge for her but also knows the job I’m at now has made me a miserable person. If anyone can lend me some advice that me great.

Tyler

That's a hard questions to answer. I left the Army in 2013, went back to school and worked for a company for just over 4 years before deciding to get back in. I took around 24k a year pay cut to get back in as a Cpl 4. I choose a trade I was interested in and that's the only offer I planned on accepting. I have my days where I thoroughly enjoy my new trade and other days where my bitterness comes out and like many people in the CAF question my life choices.

Overall, I'm currently happy with my choice. You need to weigh whats more important, money or career satisfaction.

Good luck.

Back