• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
PuckChaser said:
Take your PLQ for sure, won't have to do it in the RegF.

Is the Navy trade you want one of the In demand jobs? Your CT/OT could take a little while, so if that's your ultimate goal, apply now. You can delay your transfer to finish the PLQ if you're course loaded as long as you take the CT/OT within the same fiscal year.

The trade i will CT/OT to is in demand, So who would i be going to, to get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks,

CANFORGEN 002/11 CDS 001/11 101504Z JAN 11

CF RETENTION STRATEGY IMPROVED PROCEDURES TO RETURN TO REGULAR FORCE SERVICE
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANFORGEN 072/09 CDS 012/09 221848Z APR 09 CF RETENTION STRATEGY - IMPROVED PROCEDURES TO RETURN TO REGULAR FORCE SERVICE
B. ROD FROM AFC 21 JAN 09
C. QR AND O CHAP 6, ENROLMENT AND RE-ENGAGEMENT
D. DAOD 5002-1, ENROLMENT-REGULAR FORCE
E. CBI 204.015, PAY INCREMENTS

1.      THIS CANFORGEN REPLACES REF A. AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE, THE RE-ENROLMENT PROCESS FOR FORMER REGULAR MEMBERS WAS INEFFICIENT. IN AN ATTEMPT TO REBUILD AND STRENGTHEN OUR FORCES, I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE PROCESS TO RE-ENROL HAS NOW BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY STREAMLINED

2.      EFFECTIVE 01 APR 09, AND IAW REF A, THE MEMBER PERSONNEL RECORD RESUME (MPRR) WILL BE THE SOURCE DOCUMENT FOR PREVIOUS REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS WHO MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:

3.      PREVIOUS CF REGULAR FORCE EXPERIENCE AND CURRENTLY A CIVILIAN OR A MEMBER OF A RESERVE FORCE SUB-COMPONENT OTHER THAN THE PRIMARY RESERVE. NOTE THAT CURRENT PRIMARY RESERVE MEMBERS WILL CONTINUE TO USE THE EXISTING COMPONENT TRANSFER PROCESS

4.      RELEASED FROM THE REGULAR FORCE WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS

5.      OCCUPATION QUALIFIED

6.      RELEASED FROM THE REGULAR FORCE UNDER ITEMS 4, 5B OR 5C

7.      MEETS ALL OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, CONDITIONS AND STANDARDS FOR ENROLMENT OR COMPONENT TRANSFER

8.      DESIRES RE-ENROLMENT TO PREVIOUS OCCUPATION

9.      THE REGULAR FORCE MPRR WILL BE THE MAIN SOURCE USED TO DETERMINE RANK AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS RETURNING TO REGULAR FORCE SERVICE. RANK, TIME IN RANK AND YEARS OF SERVICE ON RELEASE WILL BE CREDITED TO THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING TO RE-ENROL INTO THE REGULAR FORCE. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE THE BASIS FOR THE D MIL C DETERMINATION OF RE-ENROLMENT OFFER. ERRORS FOUND IN THE MPRR CAN BE CORRECTED THROUGH THE USE OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATION

10.    FORMER REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS WILL BE RE-ENROLLED INTO THE REGULAR FORCE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF AN ENROLMENT VACANCY, I.E., A STRATEGIC INTAKE PLAN REQUIREMENT, AT THE SUBSTANTIVE RANK INDICATED ON THEIR REGULAR FORCE MPRR WITH THEIR QUALIFYING SERVICE USED TO DETERMINE PAY AND SENIORITY LEVELS. TOS WILL BE OFFERED ON THE BASIS OF SERVICE REQUIREMENT AND EXISTING QR AND O PROVISIONS.

11.    THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE TO CURRENT ENROLMENT PRACTICES WHICH I BELIEVE WILL GO A LONG WAY TOWARDS REINFORCING MY COMMITMENT TO FORMER REGULAR FORCE MEMBERS WHO POSSESS SKILL SETS THAT WE REQUIRE.

12.    SIGNED BY GEN W.J. NATYNCZYK, CDS

RGR

Changes were made to para 10.
The recruiter advised me this CANFORGEN is utilized in Ottawa, not at the recruiter level. He did however mention a new signing bonus for QL3 trained mbr's looking to get back in for certain trades. I have not been able to locate this document as of yet.

Thank you for the update.

Update:

I was in for my Medical and interview yesterday.
Due to this CANFORGEN, the interview was about 15 mikes. I was advised by the Capt at the CFRC I will be entering with my same rank and time in. All that is needed is my credit and reference check to return, then when a position is available, the Career Manager will send an offer. Pretty painless, actually.

great! Nice to see the system improving somewhere.  Hope it doesn't take long for you to get your offer.

Man this is a good thing to bad i had so many hoops to jump through to get back in now i have to wait for the revised para 10 a vacancy for april hopefully

Hi there,
To start off: sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I've been out of the military for quite some time now (20+ years). I was originally honourably discharged due a knee injury I sustained while working. I was a 2Lt back in the day.
Recently the kids have left the house and I have been wanting to rejoin OR start a new civi career that works with the military. I am in my late 40s.
Just wondering if anyone here knows if I would have to redo basic (probably) or if there are any ways to look into getting a career with DND civi side. I plan on going to the local CFRC sometime soon but just thought I'd throw some feelers out to start with.
If I had my way my ideal job would be working with veterans affairs or something along those lines, helping out ol' vets.

Please let me know

Cheers

After 20+ years, if you want to be back in uniform, plan to redo your basic training. Your best first step will be a visit to the Recruiting Centre. As you browse the site, you'll soon find many references to how long the process can take right now, and how few openings there may be this year (new numbers being released in March/April).

In 2007, we had a guy get back in after being out for 20 yrs.  At the time, he was 49 yrs old.  He just showed up at battalion one day, no redo's of any crses.  He served with us in A-stan and still is a very productive mbr of the battalion.

How this helps.

bick said:
In 2007, we had a guy get back in after being out for 20 yrs.  At the time, he was 49 yrs old.  He just showed up at battalion one day, no redo's of any crses.  He served with us in A-stan and still is a very productive mbr of the battalion.

How this helps.

This would appear to be a rather unique and exceptional case.  For the most part, the CFRC will likely follow the policy of having a person redo BMQ and SQ if they have been out for over ten years, and perhaps grant a BMQ Bypass if they have been out for less than five years. 

Michael's advice above is the best to follow.  Have all your documentation in order when you visit the CFRC, to include all Qualifications and Crses that you have been on, as a Prior Learning Assessment may be done to process you and eliminate some training that someone straight off the street would have to do.  It is quite a long process to get the final Prior Learning Assessment Report done, so ensure you have all your paperwork in order when you go to the CFRC. 

The point is, there are exceptions to every rule.  Disregarding my story is and experience is nothing short of rude.

bick said:
The point is, there are exceptions to every rule.  Disregarding my story is and experience is nothing short of rude.

Your story was not disregarded. George merely pointed out that it is the exception rather than the norm. In fact, he further helped your point by stating that he should have his stuff ready for a PLAR as he might be able to get some qualifications back. I feel that George was actually very tactful in his post.

JMesh said:
Your story was not disregarded. George merely pointed out that it is the exception rather than the norm. In fact, he further helped your point by stating that he should have his stuff ready for a PLAR as he might be able to get some qualifications back. I feel that George was actually very tactful in his post.

I agree.  Each situation is different and it's good to ensure people know the all advice/info that may (or may not) apply to theirs.

bick said:
Lots of things get posted that get disregarded; shake the sand out of your ovaries and get over it.

I too thought George Wallace was being helpful.

It is very nice to hear that Journeyman, PMedMoe and JMesh didn't think George was being rude, point is, it doesn't matter what your opinion was, I found it rude.

People tend to hide behind their anonymity on these types of forums and make comments. 

All is did was state a very similar situation to the one described by the post creator.  As this is a true story, it is just as revelevent.  There are rules set out by the CF for all enrollments.  My point was that there are exceptions.

OUT

Kaveman,

Expect the worst (least?). Not withstanding some over the top highly exceptional case(s) the advice you want to follow is what Michael and George posted.

The sky always has the possibility of being pink and the sun purple but don't hold your breath depending on it.

Get your ducks in a row and be prepared to run the whole gambit.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I was out for 13 years walked back in were I left off. NO REDO's.
I am a Leading Seaman mind you, but no BMQ again.
I kept my skills concurrent. The trade was red for 15 yrs. and is still red.
Naval Weapons Technician.  Currently in the re-muster process to RM Tech = HVAC&R.

Not a special circumstance I just had what the Military wanted - Electromechanical technician or another
words lots of experience will electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. I am someone who
can troubleshoot and repair efficiently, quickly and properly - no guessing.

Hope this helps.

:cdn:I did my out clearance from the Cameron highlanders of Ottawa 11yrs ago I was NES at the time, but had no strikes against me other wise. I'm at a point in my life were I want to get back in. My question is will I need to do BMQ again? If I do is it up to the unit whether I have to go away for retraining or do it in house. Not wussing out on going away for training but with a family and running two business 6weeks away just won't work. Anyone out there with some experience with this sort of situation?

Back