• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

I don't have it yet but I am still on leave until 30th of June so my unit will probably not bother with it

I just got news from my ot. I am still granted the OT but I won't receive the official message until I do my pt test. It expired 3 june and im on pata leave until the 30th. Guess where I'm booking tomorrow ?

Yeah,
I received the official message near the end of May, with 3s granted and to carry onto a posting. Posting message incoming.

DEUs ordered and received, getting tailored as I type this,

MAJOR kit exhange/turn in to occur soon...... to say the least.

Bye Bye RUCK

upandatom said:
Yeah,
I received the official message near the end of May, with 3s granted and to carry onto a posting. Posting message incoming.

DEUs ordered and received, getting tailored as I type this,

MAJOR kit exhange/turn in to occur soon...... to say the least.

Bye Bye RUCK

Yea man! Congrats I am in the exact same boat just dropped off my fancy blue suits at the trailers. I still can't put on that wedge hat without laughing at myself.. My MPRR lists my uniform as airforce now so my CoC told me to switch hats.. I have to admit these blue shirts are softer and more comfortable than the green ones..

Also.. NO MORE RUCK! I return my field kit next week..  ;D

Nothing wrong with the ruck or field kit. You will all miss it when you'll do night shifts in Cold Lake loll.

I E-Mailed the BPSO about my VOT Instructions and this is what i got back seems the PLAR's are holding everything up at least out here on the east coast.

"The OT instructions are all being held up waiting on PLAR results.  Once the PLAR result has been received the instruction will be issued.  It really is a matter of waiting for it to happen.  I have not seen your  instruction and you, yourself, cannot call Ottawa.  It can go through your chain of command but usually only if there is a reason such as posting, or sailing, or something along that line."

Hope that helps anyone playing the second part of the waiting game.

Eye In The Sky said:

Lol that´s funny. I feel that air force is more like a civilian job while in garrison and from what I see here in Trenton, they get deployed a lot. This life seem to be relax even though you go around the world but some guys like me still like to do camping and with no hot water lol. What would I be complaining about anyways ? :p

jlv031 said:
Nothing wrong with the ruck or field kit. You will all miss it when you'll do night shifts in Cold Lake loll.

Nothing wrong at all with them, I just dont need em! Why lug them around when they just sit in a locker like it has for two years now,
jlv031 said:
Lol that´s funny. I feel that air force is more like a civilian job while in garrison and from what I see here in Trenton, they get deployed a lot. This life seem to be relax even though you go around the world but some guys like me still like to do camping and with no hot water lol. What would I be complaining about anyways ? :p

Yeah they do, part of the reason why I switched, more deployments, taskings and postings/OUTCANS. I was being constantly turned down for CFTPOs because I wasnt from the regular "sourcing" group. Meanwhile I had the qualifications, green and required no training, was reccomended for but yet still turned down because I was green or the fact of my trade.

upandatom said:
Nothing wrong at all with them, I just dont need em! Why lug them around when they just sit in a locker like it has for two years now,
Yeah they do, part of the reason why I switched, more deployments, taskings and postings/OUTCANS. I was being constantly turned down for CFTPOs because I wasnt from the regular "sourcing" group. Meanwhile I had the qualifications, green and required no training, was reccomended for but yet still turned down because I was green or the fact of my trade.

I was just teasing with my posts. It´s just that on an army base everyone look at the airforce like it was paradise. Sure it´s less stressful for some reasons but it took me a posting in Trenton to realise it wasn't for me. And eye in the sky loves to bring his "check in instead of dig in" thing lol. If I was single with no kids I would have probably choose avn tech. But anyways, we all got what we wanted so everything is fine :)

upandatom said:

You might be interested in The Gypsies.  I'd wager the CMgr would want you to finish your 3's OJTP sign-offs [if your PLAR gave you a 3s bypass, the OJTP would be next; its a QL3 OJTP, or it was in '09-'10 when the QL5 was moved to a formal course from the OJTP...a requirement to keep spec pay.  We didn't have a QL4 at all] and QL5 first before being considered but...if you want to go places, 8 ACCS might be what you're aiming for. 

There are also the Radar Sqn's and.... AEU/AEW out of 3 Wing.  ;D

Ok so I did my pt test and now I received my instructions :) official at last !

I accepted my offer but still haven't received instructions. With only 16 days to go until it's effective, it's cutting a little too close. Anyone else still waiting?

Expect to go to the BTL while you wait for a course loading message and hope they have something decent for you to do while you're waiting.

The wait is not going to be long for me. Already have my course date in October !!

Congrats! I got my course date for late July, super quick!

Ron2112 said:
I accepted my offer but still haven't received instructions. With only 16 days to go until it's effective, it's cutting a little too close. Anyone else still waiting?

Chances are they are awaiting PLAR results from the TA on it. if your new trade has some or many similar aspects to your old trade, (as in my case, I was granted 3s etc). PLARs take a while, and even longer if you didnt do the research and prepare the memo yourself.

Or could be plain and simple the dont know where to send you for BTL.

But Eye is Correct, in the original instructional message, they stated they send you to BTL (closest unit no cost move to your new trade), where you do OJT in your new trade. They dont like "demoting" people and have them do the same job in their previous unit. As if you read earlier in the thread it states that sometimes there is some backlash to those members seeking an AVOT. I have seen it once before where a member went from  Sig op(MCpl) to Clerk at the same unit and was literally treated like absolute crap to the point where Harassment Advisors from other units were brought in to deal with the situation. 

Thanks for he reply. It was PLAR related, Ottawa was waiting for one which wasn't being completed (the acceptance msg said it would follow).
Either way, we straightened things out on Monday and I got the msg the next day.

My current boss says he's going to attempt to keep me around for 2 more weeks, there's a project he would like my help with. Could be interesting, newly demoted AF on a ship working in the same department.

Back