• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

2112 said:
Daywalker,
The next ATIS QL3 is scheduled for 17 Aug.
Thanks...its been years since I've been on CFSCE's website...finally found the course calender. 2 ATIS QL3 courses in August and 2 in Jan. 

So its either do ql3 right away, be done mid-year school year, be posted, hopefully do OJT/QL4 stuff, and have family move at the end of school year(if house sells)....  or stay in Pet and wait for course, and be done course in time for end of school year/posting season.

Much better than what happened when I first enrolled.

cbr600 said:
I'm hearing mixed.things.. my administration officer tells me I'd be going to course on TD.. which is what I'm expecting.. but the ATIS guys keep telling me that I should be posted to kingston because poet and ql3 are longer then 6months combined. But I cannot find a reference for that at all

Last concern.. ql4
Everyone who gets posted to north bay.. has to go to to an airfield to get their package complete.. is that true?

Possibly attach posted, this may help.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/97639.0

Sounds right on the QL4. The new ATIS techs I've known had to do an airfield section on their QL4 package. If there's no airfield (i.e. North Bay) I could see one being sent on TD somewhere where there is one.

Aaargh, I know the feeling.... For those that are still waiting, cheers *shot of whiskey

I don't want to go another weekend without knowing. Hopefully something today or tomorrow. Not holding my breath for today though.

Gah..hope I'm not stuck btl in North bay til then.... hate this place

Or I hope they take me off shift and do days only

You will be an AVN Tech QL0 eff your OT date...and belong to the BTL.  You shouldn't be doing your 'old job' at all.

Interesting though, you were offered and accepted an ATIS Tech position, no?

....still waiting for VOT final message...

After seeing cbr600's post...the waiting is killing me.

Yep, but mine was a special case. I didn't meet the math request, and the sgt doing the message assigned me to the wrong one (first choice)
But I will enjoy avn either way

Cfb north bay is special.. they use btl as they see fit. Including in old trade to make use of the skill they paid for

I on the other hand req vot because I dislike that trade why would I want to prolong shift work

And I cannot find red to btl not being used in old trade.. we have no avn type jobs here

Here's a dumb question about the BTL for the SME's on VOT's and OJT:

Once we report to the BTL, what cap badge do we wear? Seeing as I am not qualified in my new trade do I continue to wear the good 'ol death star while I'm OJT or is there another cap badge for troops with no home?

cbr600 said:
Yep, but mine was a special case. I didn't meet the math request, and the sgt doing the message assigned me to the wrong one (first choice)
But I will enjoy avn either way

Cfb north bay is special.. they use btl as they see fit. Including in old trade to make use of the skill they paid for

I on the other hand req vot because I dislike that trade why would I want to prolong shift work

And I cannot find red to btl not being used in old trade.. we have no avn type jobs here

You will have to discuss this with your BTL NCOs, they will be responsible to make sure you are gainfully employed.  However, you will no longer a member of your old trades TES, officially.  You will be a QL0 Avn Tech and a PAT.

Bradboy said:
Here's a dumb question about the BTL for the SME's on VOT's and OJT:

Once we report to the BTL, what cap badge do we wear? Seeing as I am not qualified in my new trade do I continue to wear the good 'ol death star while I'm OJT or is there another cap badge for troops with no home?

Not sure exactly for CE trades, are you staying in Army DEU?  FWIW, when I remustered from a cbt arms trade to a CE branch one, I wore the C & E cap badge right away and the Air DEU trade badge upon completion of QL3, and when I remustered from C & E to Air Ops, I put up the Air Ops cap badge right away and then my skill badge (Wings) after completion of that course (QL5).

IIRC, CE trades such as Construction Tech are RCAF managed occupations, might be worth having a look on the 2 CAD DIN site for info.

Btl no here is the wcwo asst.. looks like back to my current trade until course.. 

Eye In The Sky said:
Not sure exactly for CE trades, are you staying in Army DEU?  FWIW, when I remustered from a cbt arms trade to a CE branch one, I wore the C & E cap badge right away and the Air DEU trade badge upon completion of QL3, and when I remustered from C & E to Air Ops, I put up the Air Ops cap badge right away and then my skill badge (Wings) after completion of that course (QL5).

IIRC, CE trades such as Construction Tech are RCAF managed occupations, might be worth having a look on the 2 CAD DIN site for info.

The VOT offer said that I will be staying Army DEU. I expect that my cap badge will change. Just curious if I will be wearing the beaver right away or if that's something that has to be earned by completing QL3. I will look into that thanks for the info.

On an unrelated note, the BTL clerk gave me the option of doing my OJT with either Base CE or with the Construction Troop at 2CER. Anyone have any insight into the differences between workplaces other than the obvious ones? I'm inclined to go with the Construction Troop as it's an operational unit and lets face it... I get to keep my LDA. Any advantages to going with the Base CE guys and gals?

WRT to the LDA...regardless of where you are employed, you will (should/could) be posted to the BTL, unless the format has changed it should be detailed in Para 2 of your VOT Instruction.  If that holds true, you won't get the LDA regardless of where you are doing OJE.

Back