• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome snow

I"ll send those North easterns you way then Gaspasser.. have fun with SNIC.

Whew...so warm and sunny I here today I actually had to take off my jacket I was so hot!  ;D  I may have to go back to wearing shorts this weekend.

TN2IC said:
I"ll send those North easterns you way then Gaspasser.. have fun with SNIC.
Thanks TN2IC, it'll sure beat what they call snow up here in Ontario below the 401.  I think last year in Kingston we had 2 cm of snow at one time!  It was melted before my boys got out to shovel it.
;D
Gawd I miss real snow ;D

Snow? cold? The last northern winter I was home to Saskatchewan was the Christmas of 1997, although I was present for a few flurries in Oct of 2000. I must confess, After almost 12 yrs of living in Australia, I have become spolied. However, here in Iraq, in the province of Baghdad, it's still reaching 35C-39C daily, althought the nights have cooled to the high 20'sC. Always dusty, always dirty, and ripe with awful smells, and when it rains, it rains mud (so far).

After 2 months of fumbling around in LAVs (outragously hot in these beasts), in the thankless unfriendly cities and the unforgiving, flat endless desert, I would and will welcome the cooler middle eastern winter when it comes. One downside is when we leave this " festering zit on the arsehole of the world", and return to Australia, we'll be going back to a southern autumn and a coming winter. Simply put, I reside in Queensland, live on an island which the Coral Sea laps at, so winter means cooler nights and shorter days. Rarely does the daytime high drop below 22C.

Cheers from the true and unaltered Madmaxville,

WES

Thanks, Wes. I needed that little climate report.

Today rain started before noon and changed to snow at about 1445, just before we went to the wreath laying in honour of a young land from our small town who was kia in Afghanistan last week.

Off topic - despite being a work day, the atrocious weather and the short notice, we had 500 folks at the ceremony. My wife and I ran into some friends from another small Ontario town whose son in 1 PPCLI just returned from Afghanistan, where he was wounded in an incident that saw two of his section mates killed.

As I faithfully sit here in the CP at 0325h, the air-con is blasting in my face, and its the middle of the night here!

Thanks for the METREP,

Wes

Cornwall & Area got some snow. Made for some slick driving. Couldn't get out to the Mess's Pizza & Beer night.  :(

Woke up to a covered Edmonton this morning. Yuck - come on accidents... If only people who live here knew how to drive in snow.

Calgary Oct 29-snow, minus -20(with wind chill) and 300 plus accidents.
Oct 30-snow, minus 11 and still too many idiots on the road.

minus -20C!!!
Is that a little bit cold for this time of year ?

New-Brunswick was ranging from 0 to 3 but no snow. We did get some ice pellets and lots of rain.
Flooded most of the brooks/rivers.

Hah! Wimps! It's been snowing and well below freezing here since AUGUST!

Only raining for the week-end in  Montréal,
but a friend in Rouyn-Noranda wrote me that
she got 10 cm at the moment :) !!!

Édit: some spelling

It's nice to see there's at least enough snow at Sunshine to cover the grass.. They're supposed to open in 12 days? Hopefully there's a massive dump of snow there in time....

3rd Herd said:
Calgary Oct 29-snow, minus -20(with wind chill) and 300 plus accidents.
Oct 30-snow, minus 11 and still too many idiots on the road.

ain't that the truth. icy roads and there still tailgating

Same here for Edmonton. You'd think that since our roads here in Alberta are like this EVERY year that people would know how to drive...  ::) Sadly not the case.

ya i think they have enough confidence to be stupid. and not to mention the new people pouring in, and have no idea where there going.

No snow here yet  :( Lots of hail and wind last night, most of today, and almost all of yesterday.

EDIT: Because I love snow and the winter!  ;D

Bah hum bug... Yea it's snowing here too and isnt stopping yet  :crybaby:

Back