• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

...haven't seent this thread in while...I missed reading what others listen to (helps diversify my music library, or at least makes me listen to Punk less)

Anyway,

The Distillers - Self-titled album - L.A. Girl

Lately...

Green Day...American Idiot...fav song on it...She's a Rebel...love this whole CD

HL

Course there is "Sexy Rexie" Goudie ( I think I spelled that correctly, corrections welcome)...like his voice...good kid...

Still listening to the Rolling Stones after all these years.  I know I'm influencing my kids when after offering brown sugar for my 5 year old's oatmeal, she immediately sings "How come you taste so good?"  Then, later, out of the blue, she sings "Talkin' bout the Midnight Rambler...."

I hope she won't need therapy :D

My music threads were all tossed in here,
It's those evil mods up to no good again.

Just bought John Lennon "rock and roll" and it's great, basically it's just John Lennon doing a bunch of fifties era Rock standards so it's nice in that it's divorced from his politics (damn you Yoko)

He's got a great rock voice, I never really considered it before because it's nasally but he hits a high note and it cracks just right and then he hits a really deep "elvis" line and it comes together quite well.

Also just bought George Harrison's "Concert for Bangaldesh" DVD and it's definitely my flavour of the month DVD (Queen Live at Wembley was getting worn down from being played so much) it's got a great mix of singers and songwriters that were just starting careers or at their heights (Dylan, Clapton, Billy Preston, Harrison)

And in keeping with the Beatles thing I've got going on, I've been absolutely overplaying "Sgt. Peppers" and "Abbey Road" which in my opinion are two of the greatest Rock Albums of all time.

Bloc Party (Brit Indie Rock)
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Broken Social Scene
James Blunt
The Stills
Flophouse!!!  ( My cousin's band, they're up and coming.  Check out their myspace page if you like Brit Rock Libertines influenced stuff:  http://www.myspace.com/downattheflophouse)

0900 this morning : Number of the Beast-Iron Maiden....the church across the street is convinced that the anti-Christ lives here.
Right now:  Machine Head- Deep Purple
Yeah, I'm old, so what?  Hysteria- Def Lep is qued up next....

Huge Def Leppard fan...I guess all the kiddos are listening to what we used yo now  ;)

Like Metallica and Kiss and ACDC...
used to be a good night out dancing to them...lol

Right now...I am listening to 3 Days Grace...thrashy stuff...

HL

Truth - Seether

Some good stuff......and Kat, to hell with the anti-christ, you are god!!!! :D

Anything from the late 60's to early & mid 70's. Like Bob Seger put it..."todays music ain't got the same soul"!
103.9 THE HAWK...favorite station.

For me; lately its been a band called Muse. Sort of a alternative/Britpop band. I have two albums of theirs, Origins of Symmetry and Absolution. Best songs so far: New Born and Bliss (Origins of Symmetry) and Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria (Absolution)

This is a little entertaining video with the song New Born as an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwSMgRpE2W0&search=low%20flying

8)very 8)

Wolfmother!!!  If you like ozzy, zep etc. you'll love Wolfmother. A new band with an "old" sound.

Rage Against The Machine - Maria

174824.jpg

;D

I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but tomorrow the new Godsmack CD comes out...

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden

Trying to find something good to follow up with but can't seem to think of anything that'd fit.....:-\

Police - "Ghost in the Machine"

Mark Knopfler - "Golden Heart"

Scorpions - "Crazy World"

Mmm I think I just gave away my age. ;D

Pink - Stupid Girl...

I love this video and Pink's spin on reality.

HL

Back