• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

ENGINEERS WIFE

Inactive
Reaction score
So, besides eating turkey until you can't move....what are your plans for this long weekend?

I will be baking some cookies to send to one of our Army.ca members overseas and for my hubby so he doesn't starve to death next week while on EX in Chilo.  ;D
Will also be watching the Nascar race and some UFC, and I will probably partake in some alcoholic beverages.  And of course making a big turkey dinner with all the fixings.
All in all, I think it will be a good weekend :D

Parents are in from Nova Scotia. Going to enjoy a nice turkey din din with them and my family.

hopping a plane saturday morning to spend 2 weeks leave with my girlfriend and her family.

9-hour drive North to spend the weekend with 9er's family, and then a 9-hour drive back on Sunday, so that I can leave for a 3 week Ex on Monday.

I am on a 4 day weekend.  PT and OPME stuff tomorrow and the Mooseheads game tomorrow night against Montreal, PT and OPME stuff Sat plus the UFC Saturday night (GSP defends his belt), PT and OPME stuff then Thanksgiving Dinner #1 at a friends place on Sunday, a hike and Thanksgiving Dinner #2 with a friend home from Borden on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Thoughts go out to all of our people who won't be home with the fam this long weekend.  :salute:

:cdn:

4 day weekend for myself. Girlfriend flies home to Ontario Friday morning for Thanksgiving so I will, for the most part, be alone.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Same as every other thanksgiving... supporting the royal newfs on a viking exercise...

Hey Pilon, if you are in Edmonton, and are so inclined, I have enough turkey to share ;D

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Hey Pilon, if you are in Edmonton, and are so inclined, I have enough turkey to share ;D

Thanks for the offer but I live in Regina. So I guess no turkey for me  :(

Going to pick up my 9'er in Ottawa when she flies in this aftenoon, then a weeks worth of leave with her doing some shopping and some general quality time.

BW7 better you then me man, thank god I wont have to do that drive too often, and by god not in the winter ever ever again!

Eye, The UFC fight no Saturday is a just a rebroadcast of GSP vs Fitch from like a month ago or so. Guess who wins  8)

Having some turkey in the Niragra Mess here in Afganistan mmmmmm... If I'm not on a convoy...

Rob  :cdn:

- eat, drink, and watch whatever sport is on.  I wonder what the new HNIC theme is going to be - blarg. ::)
- sleep in until 06:30
- avoid extended family get togethers
- punish myself at 05:00 on Tuesday for all that I consumed on the long weekend.

- Eat, drink and be with Mary... and if Mary isn't there - there's always Christine ;)
- Do a couple more BBQs, winterize the cottage, get a couple of free lunches @ family & friends ;D

Gotta get in some good R&R time before the doc goes in under the hood & works on my knee (again :( )

BulletMagnet said:
BW7 better you then me man, thank god I wont have to do that drive too often, and by god not in the winter ever ever again!

Ugh..it get's bloody COLD there!

Let me see.

Wife in gone to Calgary to visit youngest daughter and hopefully get a chance to see our only son in Wainwright.

Oldest daughter was transferred to S. Africa.

I'm single again until the 18Oct. :rofl:

It's been so long, what would a single military minded person do? :-\

Spades, IIRC, one consumes some alcoholic beverages and enjoys the food put on by the kitchen staff for those who live in.  If you live out, then I suggest for first part and some sports/regular TV or computer games.  Sorry ot hear that you're "single" for turkey day, enjoy the weekend to yourself.  :)  Go for a walk and see the sights around the house.  :)
As for me, I will enjoy another three days off, fill myself with my wife's great cooking of turkey and trimmings, partake of my last homebrew {tonight} and maybe start another woodworking project.

Happy Turkey Everyone!!!!  need a turkey icon thing so I can add one from work...

BYTD

Back