• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you want to know about what the CF offers for recreational activities?

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Post all of your dance, workout facilities, drinking, horseshoe playing, pool playing, line dancing, cock fighting, etc. questions here.

Already posted in another topic regarding same, but wondering about Ballroom/Swing dancing in the CF.

Is there any bowling inside submerged submarines?

Is there room to store Wii Dance Revolution on all LAV's or is that just for 1 RCR?

What is the max acceptable sea state for a darts tourney? [and is there a breathalyzer disqual for east coast pers?]

CFAO 2008-0123 [AIR COMMAND]
SUBJECT: CHANGES TO RULES RELATING TO PAIRS FIGURE SKATING

1. AFTER SUCCESFUL COVERT TRIALS AT 425 SQUADRON, PAIRS DANCE FIGURE SKATING IS NOW AN APPROVED AIR COMMAND RECREATIONAL SPORT.
2. ELGIBILITY- ALL MEMBERS OF AIR COMMAND MEETING MINIMUM CF FITNESS REQUIREMENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE;
3. SAFETY- ALL MEMBERS WHO CHOOSE TO PARTCIPATE SHALL ENSURE ROLE AND RANK IS RESPECTED FOR ALL FREESTYLE DANCE JUMPS AND LIFTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH TABLE "A"

TABLE A
JUMPS- ONLY FIXED WING [IE FIGHTER AND TRANSPORT] CREWS SHALL ATTEMPT HIGH SPEED JUMPS. HELICOPTER CREWS SHALL SPIN INTO A JUMP BUT SHALL NOT JUMP AND THEN SPIN.
LIFTS- LOWER RANKS SHALL LIFT HIGHER RANKS
CLOTHING- HIGHER RANKS SHALL WEAR LOOSE PANTS ONLY. CSAR PERS ARE PERMITTED TO RETAIN LEOTARDS AND OTHER WEIRD PARAPHANALIA.
ONE HANDED LIFTS- THOSE DOING THE LIFTING SHALL LIFT [WITH PALM WIDE OPEN] AND BALANCE THEIR PARTNER, BUT ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO SQUEEZE [EXCEPT AIRFORCE FINANCE AND PAYROLL CLERKS WHO HAVE BEEN RECIEVED SPECIAL TRAINING IN SQUEEZING.]
CHOREOGRAPHY- ALL MUSIC AND DANCE PATTERNS SHALL BE DOCUMENTED, MARKED "HUSH" AND SUBMITTED TO DHTC FOR TEST, EVALUATON AND PROOF OF CONCEPT TRIALS BY THE EXPENDABLES.   

Geez,

The applications will be flying in at ATESS tomorrow.

kincanucks said:
Post all of your dance, workout facilities, drinking, horseshoe playing, pool playing, line dancing, cock fighting, etc. questions here.

Cock fighting?  Seems a little low.  Monkey Knife fighting is way better.

Come on people this is suppose to be a serious thread where new people can discover wonderful and informative information of what is available during the off duty hours.  Besides monkeys never cooperate and end up throwing the knives.

Is it OK to bring a gun to a knife fight?

Can one take lessons for the Hatless Tap Dance after hours?

Are classes full for the Dance of the Flaming Arseholes?

How many miniature bottles of Jägermeister do you need to make a model of an Armour Regiment on Parade including all Command Positions?

ArmyVern said:
Geez,

The applications will be flying in at ATESS tomorrow.

Are you worried about all the competition you'll have now?  :D

What kinds of martial arts and experimental science groups/clubs/etc. (if any) exist on bases?

JimMorrison19 said:
What kinds of martial arts and experimental science groups/clubs/etc. (if any) exist on bases?

Your best bet is to ask the PSP staff at your base. If you are in Gagetown, go to the gym, and look at the list of clubs, or ask your supervisor for the list.

NL_engineer said:
Your best bet is to ask the PSP staff at your base. If you are in Gagetown, go to the gym, and look at the list of clubs, or ask your supervisor for the list.

I'm not actually on any base, or even in the CF. I just thought it'd be cool to know what kinds of things along those lines people do after hours... :) Specific examples that people know of and/or are members of.

JimMorrison19 said:

It will vary from one base to the other depending on the population and their interests.

I remember in Gagetown, years ago, when we used to have a lot of Commonwealth countries send their Officer Cadets to the Combat Arms School there were some Exchange Instructors who taught some African Martial Arts.  One, I think was "Wairda", and another was I believe "Fagawi".  Quite often, during the Field Portions of training, students who managed to master both could be heard in the darkness loudly proclaiming their mastery of the two art forms.

JimMorrison19 said:

Here in Gagetown, I run a Social Experiment Group each Friday evening.

Activities include, but are not limited to:

Umbrella Pole Dancing - Physics in Strange Forms;
Boat Races - Liquidity as a Boost to Acceleration;
Weight Measurements - Formulas Derived from Spandex Distention; and
Spatial Ratios - Type 1: Determining exact number of civ pattern t-shirts are adorned by LCF dogtags; and
                     Type 2: Determining exact number of female local civ pattern t-shirts can fit into given area.

ArmyVern said:

now is that an outdoor table pole-umbrella or one of those 3 foot hand held jobbies like Fred Astaire used to twirl around?

George Wallace said:
"Wairda" "Fagawi"  Quite often, during the Field Portions of training, students who managed to master both could be heard in the darkness loudly proclaiming their mastery of the two art forms.

hilarious!!!

whiskey601 said:
now is that an outdoor table pole-umbrella or one of those 3 foot hand held jobbies like Fred Astaire used to twirl around?

This would be an outdoor table pole umbrella (although the boys always get rid of the table first). Sometimes, the table becomes an apparatus which allows for the alternative "table dance" to occur once enough local women have participated in aforementioned experimentations in acceleration boosts caused by liquidity.

You do however bring up an idea into my head regarding alternatives to the umbrella pole dance. I'm thinking something along the lines of Kim Basinger a la  9 & 1/2 Weeks - substituting the crop for Fred Astaire's weapon of choice - there is a bit at the end where it may come in quite handy indeed during re-enactments.

ArmyVern said:
Here in Gagetown, I run a Social Experiment Group each Friday evening.

Activities include, but are not limited to:

Boat Races - Liquidity as a Boost to Acceleration;
Weight Measurements - Formulas Derived from Spandex Distention; and
Spatial Ratios - Type 1: Determining exact number of civ pattern t-shirts are adorned by LCF dogtags; and
                     Type 2: Determining exact number of female local civ pattern t-shirts can fit into given area.

That is worlds of epic.

Back