• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

I also heard that only a few were not selected.  I did not know that the photocopier is messed up lol

I'm guessing the reason why they are so backed up is that they made all their selections for every BMQ in January. So that's probably about 240 recruits they'd have to call/paperwork/travel. You'd think they wouldn't be this behind just before the holiday?

Who Knows maybe they are right one schedule!  I read a post earlier from DAA that stated CFRC's would be getting all of their calls done before the Christmas leave, which makes sense.

I truly figure THEY will call me when they want me. I know I am "in". It is just "formality" now.

Called CFRC Halifax today:

"Last name? First name? Please hold a second... Call us in a week if you don't hear from us by then."

"Thank you!?"

I hope that means I'm getting a call this week, banking on it.  ???

What did you guys ask/say to get them to cough up your unofficial offers? I'd like to try it out next Monday if I'm left hanging until then.

i am in the same boat, i know i am in. just waiting for all the dates

When I call the CFRC I just ask for a status update on my application and they tell me what they want to tell me lol!

BYFROMSCHOOL said:
Called CFRC Halifax today:

"Last name? First name? Please hold a second... Call us in a week if you don't hear from us by then."

"Thank you!?"

I hope that means I'm getting a call this week, banking on it.  ???

What did you guys ask/say to get them to cough up your unofficial offers? I'd like to try it out next Monday if I'm left hanging until then.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I had an extremely similar experience when I called in.  A couple of days later I got called and was offered a position.  I asked for an update and the guy at the front desk offered up "When was the last time we called you"  and when I told him about 2 months go he replied "The log shows that there was activity in your file today, hang in there for a call"

I'm sure you don't have to try very hard, as they probably don't want to deal with the same people calling in over and over again for the same question. 

Mine went like this

"Dialed, Press "0" to get to front desk"

"Answered"

Me: Hello sir, I haven't heard anything for a month or so, so I thought I would call for a status update.

RC: Not a problem, do you have your service number or can I have your name?

Me: Jason Culp and info provided

RC: Thank you but my computer is running awful slow today please bare with me.

RC: *5min later* OK Jason you need to speak to *this other guy*

Me: OK

RC: transfers me to other guy

RC: Other guy answers " Hi Jason yes we have found something on your file.

Me: Ah crap! What do I have to fix now?

RC: Haha know, you do not need to fix anything. We are just processing the paperwork for offers and you didn't hear it from *the other guy* but you have an offer coming either today or tomorrow.

Me: Oh OK thank you! You had me going there. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Byfromschool - It went like that.

mrjasonc said:
Mine went like this

"Dialed, Press "0" to get to front desk"

"Answered"

Me: Hello sir, I haven't heard anything for a month or so, so I thought I would call for a status update.

RC: Not a problem, do you have your service number or can I have your name?

Me: Jason Culp and info provided

RC: Thank you but my computer is running awful slow today please bare with me.

RC: *5min later* OK Jason you need to speak to *this other guy*

Me: OK

RC: transfers me to other guy

RC: Other guy answers " Hi Jason yes we have found something on your file.

Me: Ah crap! What do I have to fix now?

RC: Haha No, you do not need to fix anything. We are just processing the paperwork for offers and you didn't hear it from *the other guy* but you have an offer coming either today or tomorrow.

Me: Oh OK thank you! You had me going there. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Byfromschool - It went like that.

How many BMQs are there per month/year?

I'm waiting for a call to schedule interview, medical, physical evaluation..

Hoping to get on some time next year before April. Sooner the better really

I thought there were only a few BMQs a year but beginning to think that's incorrect?
More like 8-9+?

As far as I understand it. They are run throughout the year. Some advertised on cflrs website and some not. An actual number I do not know. This January is starting a new course each week.

Fear Junkies maybe?

we love the fact that we are being given the opportunity to serve our county?

Too right marinemech. Wouldn't say given though. I think we all had to earn the right to be trained to serve. None of us are ready to serve yet. That's what the next year is all about.

Let's do it.

Back