• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Happens if you miss the call for employment?

SMG said:
Which will be tomorrow! :D
That was my plan.  :eek:k:

Don't wait too long.  Next round of selections is on Monday!!!

I got the call... while working today blowing leaves, with ear muffs on. I will call back tomorrow morning at 10:00. They do leave messages!

SMG said:
Does the RC ever show up a a private number? I slept in and missed a call today  :-\

But I can't get any info obviously cause the number didn't show up..

Sometimes it just shows up as 'Canadian Forces' sometimes it'll be "CFRC <city here>"

Just match the ph# to the one on the internet.

BYFROMSCHOOL said:
I got the call... while working today blowing leaves, with ear muffs on. I will call back tomorrow morning at 10:00. They do leave messages!

Don't leave it too long.  There are "time limits" involved.....

PrairieThunder said:
Sometimes it just shows up as 'Canadian Forces' sometimes it'll be "CFRC <city here>"

Just match the ph# to the one on the internet.

As I mentioned twice before, the number DID NOT show up.

I wouldn't be asking about it if I could simply phone them back.

When in doubt, call the toll free number. I had a few cases myself, where the number was private, but most of the time it was a 902-XXX-XXXX showing on the Call Display

DAA said:
Don't wait too long.  Next round of selections is on Monday!!!

Selections for open positions or selections to continue the recruiting process to fill open positions(I.E medical, interview a la new system)?

marinemech said:
When in doubt, call the toll free number. I had a few cases myself, where the number was private, but most of the time it was a 902-XXX-XXXX showing on the Call Display

Well I woke up to a notification that I got a missed call from a Private Number. I checked the call log and it didn't show up, because there was no number to display.
I called the RC a few times today to no avail so I'm gonna call tomorrow morning anyway.

Chances are it wasn't them, but I never get phone calls even from solicitors, so it stands out when my phone does ring.
I'm calling to check my status regardless, so my OP was just curiosity.

KerryBlue said:
Selections for open positions or selections to continue the recruiting process to fill open positions(I.E medical, interview a la new system)?

For OPEN positions.....

KerryBlue said:
Any idea when selections for further processing will take place.

If I understand your question correctly, there are NO such thing as "selections for further processing".  Your CFRC will either process you or they won't.  The only time the term "selection" is used, is once you have completed the entire recruiting process, been Merit Listed and ready to be offered a position.

Hey DAA,

I just called my local CFRC and the nice lady on the other end said that they are waiting for basically..IDK, permission?, the go ahead?, whatever you will... to go ahead and start calling people to arrange medicals and interviews.

This is based on my application (CFAT completed). The current applications wont be selected probably until the new year to book medical, interviews, and she answered that background checks aren't even processing when I asked. Also the applications will be sorted into a kind of "needs-of-CAF-based" pile as to when people will get there calls, kind of a who and when. She gave me nothing more exact than that, my wording is simply horrendous  ::) .

Also she said I basically qualified for every trade, while Cbt Engr is closed they'll continue processing me for infantry.

Now I know not to expect a call anytime soon but is there anything you can clear up here as to what to expect in the new year? As to their "go-ahead" to start booking interviews and medicals - whose giving them the go ahead btw? Or regarding even beginning Background checks? I know they're wrapping up for the holiday season so this all makes sense, I'd just like to rest peacefully until I receive a call.

When do they shut down for winter? Dec. 15th..? 20th? When do they reopen? Should I call in the new year?

How about this order of operations pending who they'll call and when?

Haha, im freaking out here man I just want a job offer ;)

DAA said:
Don't leave it too long.  There are "time limits" involved.....

Wish I had seen the missed call/message before the offices closed today. A Corporal called me at 15:22. I was finished work at 16:15.  :facepalm: I do plan to call when they open tomorrow.

CbtDvr13 said:
Hey DAA,

I just called my local CFRC and the nice lady on the other end said that they are waiting for basically..IDK, permission?, the go ahead?, whatever you will... to go ahead and start calling people to arrange medicals and interviews.

This is based on my application (CFAT completed). The current applications wont be selected probably until the new year to book medical, interviews, and she answered that background checks aren't even processing when I asked. Also the applications will be sorted into a kind of "needs-of-CAF-based" pile as to when people will get there calls, kind of a who and when. She gave me nothing more exact than that, my wording is simply horrendous  ::) .

Also she said I basically qualified for every trade, while Cbt Engr is closed they'll continue processing me for infantry.

Now I know not to expect a call anytime soon but is there anything you can clear up here as to what to expect in the new year? As to their "go-ahead" to start booking interviews and medicals - whose giving them the go ahead btw? Or regarding even beginning Background checks? I know they're wrapping up for the holiday season so this all makes sense, I'd just like to rest peacefully until I receive a call.

When do they shut down for winter? Dec. 15th..? 20th? When do they reopen? Should I call in the new year?

See this is what they told me as well, except my background check has already been processed/finished(I think). We shall see in the near future.

CbtDvr13 said:
Hey DAA,

Cbt Engr and Infantry are both OPEN for next year, so you should be processed for BOTH but at a lower priority!!!

How your respective CFRC processes their files, is entirely up to them but at this time of the year, some occupations and or entry plans do take precedence (ie; ROTP, AVS Tech to name a few).  They have been given some sort of direction/guidance with regards to new applications but as far as I understand it, it really shouldn't have a huge impact on how they manage the current applications they already have, so it should be business as usual.

Other than that, applications are generally always processed based on the needs of the CF and just what the recruiting priority of the day is, which can change on short notice.

What's funny, is your the second person out of BC to mention something like this and another one out of Ottawa.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88342/post-1273975.html#msg1273975

DAA said:
What's funny, is your the second person out of BC to mention something like this and another one out of Ottawa.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88342/post-1273975.html#msg1273975

I'm starting to think its the wording the recruiters are using to tell us. They're making it seem like the process is entirely changing when in actuality its not. I don't know that's my two cents.

KerryBlue said:
I'm starting to think its the wording the recruiters are using to tell us. They're making it seem like the process is entirely changing when in actuality its not. I don't know that's my two cents.

I'd be more inclined to think that the Recruiters just don't know what they are suppose to do next........

While I find this both frustrating and hilarious thank you for your comments DAA. Gives me hope I wont be one of those 3 year case files...but one never knows

EDIT: Hey DAA, sorry, when you say next year are you talking fiscal (April), or just regular ol' Januharry

Back