• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

"Is that a whale?!?!"

"No, no thats a boat."

"Oh but I thought-"

"Your wrong!"

::)
Baker

I had quite a few Seinfeldian 'what is wrong with people' moments on my Florida trip recently.

At the Toronto airport, pre-boarding is called and more than 40 people line up (none of whom look like they need any pre-boarding assistance). One of the attendants asks if everyone understands what pre-boarding is and reminds them that general boarding hasn't started yet. They are all nodding and saying yes, they know what pre-boarding means. About sixty seconds later, one person breaks away from the line and goes over to the attendant. "What is pre-boarding?", she asks him.

We're on our flight to Orlando. Sitting behind me are two women wondering aloud (and loudly) what time zone they are in (TO). They figure it must be different from Quebec but aren't sure by how much...one hour? Two hours? Then the pilot announces the time of the flight and they again begin discussing (loudly) whether or not he had forgotten to include the time difference between Toronto and Orlando. At this point, I contemplated paying the $3 for headphones.

We're in Sea World and next to us are three girls walking and chatting. One of them suddenly says, "As they say in China, 'Konichiwa!'"  I hope it was a joke, but I seriously doubt it.

::)

I work in a prison. I hear a lot of dumb things daily.

Then I go listen to the inmates..... :blotto:

This could probably go under the Equipment thread as well.

I exchanged all of my old, faded combats recently.  I had the old ones (buttons uncovered) and wanted to get new uniforms before my posting.  Anyway, I got the same sizes that I had before thinking they should be the same, silly me.  As it was, I had to go down a size (in length only) in the shirts as I could have been eight months pregnant in the "new" ones.  One of the Ptes said that if the shirt was longer, it would be bigger in the chest, too.  Which is funny as I always though 36 was 36, no matter how long the shirt is. The pants aren't too bad except they're about two to three inches longer than the old ones.

I know when CADPAT first came out, you could get shorter length pants (64 vs. 67) in only two waist sizes, 30 and 26.   I had already tried on the 6730 and they fit okay (finally had to start wearing a combat belt) so I gave the 6430 a try and there's no way they were a 30 waist.

Here's where the stupid comment comes in.  While I was exchanging more uniforms, I mentioned the change in the shirt sizes and then said that I would stick with the pants I have now as I figured the shorter ones might not fit in the waist.  The young Cpl (newly OT'd to Sup Tech) behind the counter said, "Oh yeah, if they're shorter in the leg, that's going to make the waist smaller."

Huh????  ???  Makes me wonder how they can say something is a 6430 when it isn't.  And are we supposed to know that?

OK - the time "12:01 AM Thursday" - that's Wednesday night/Thursday morning, right?

In yesterday's paper, it said that there was a showing of "Get Smart" at 12:01 AM Thurs.  Just to be safe, I called the theatre to confirm.  The girl who answered the phone said, "no Get Smart doesn't start till next week."  I tell her, "no, I'm pretty sure it starts this week, and the paper says..."  She tells me the paper is often wrong.  Fine, but then someone in the background starts talking and she tells me, "oh yeah, it does start this week."  So I ask again if there's a showing "tonight" at 12:01.  She says yes.

Get to the theatre, buy tickets for the "12:01 AM Thurs" showing.  Now we find out it's not till "tomorrow" which we find out after paying.  They tell us we have to come back tomorrow to get a refund.  Theatre is a bit away from home, (it was the only theatre listing Get Smart, which is why we went there)...I don't want to come back, I want a refund now!  Got two free passes instead, which means I have to go back to use them! 

How hard is it for theatre employees to know when their movies are playing?

So, yesterday was my 2 kids (12&9) last day of school.  I had to work and didn't get home until 7:30 pm that night.  Oh, and by about, I'd say 8:30pm.....I hear those dreaded words that every parent HATES......."I'm bored"    Are you friggin' kiddding me?  I will go insane if I hear that anymore... man, kids, gotta love them, but they can be a pain in the a$$

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
So, yesterday was my 2 kids (12&9) last day of school.  I had to work and didn't get home until 7:30 pm that night.  Oh, and by about, I'd say 8:30pm.....I hear those dreaded words that every parent HATES......."I'm bored"    Are you friggin' kiddding me?  I will go insane if I hear that anymore... man, kids, gotta love them, but they can be a pain in the a$$

There's always some chore to do.

"I'm bored"
"The lawn needs cutting"

"I'm bored"
"The attic needs cleaning"

"I'm bored"
"Straighten up the garage"

"I'm bored"
"Stain the deck and fence"

Lots more where those come from ;)

recceguy said:
There's always some chore to do.

"I'm bored"
"The lawn needs cutting"

"I'm bored"
"The attic needs cleaning"

"I'm bored"
"Straighten up the garage"

"I'm bored"
"Stain the deck and fence"

Lots more where those come from ;)
My favourite was "The pebbles in the walk way need to be rotated".

ok heres something that made me laugh from a phone call by me to kingston

operator CFB Kingston switch
Me:  Could you transfer me to the pay office please
operator: we don't have a pie office
Me: not pie, pay
operator: sorry we don't have a pie office
Me: ok could you transfer me to pay and records please
operator: one moment please

you have to understand that I guess she doesn't hear many Australian accents... but i'm curious now a pie office would be nice..mmmm

:rofl:

Now THAT"S funny!

Maybe....just maybe... there is a pie office and it's top secret and you didn't have the proper password?  Did ya ever think of that?  Pie...mmm ;D

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Pie...mmm

Shhh...Don't we don't want to give  away the password.  ;D

That's what happens with an easy password.

I needed to make some changes to my cell phone plan.  Called bell and eventually got a live person by saying operator at every automated prompt.  Unfortunately the live person was just as stupid.  The conversation went like:

Me- I called over a week ago to get my phone changed.  Nothing happened, can you do it please?
Him- Sorry Sir, but Tom was that one you made your request to and he isn't here right now.
Me- Can't you do it?
Him - No Sorry, but only Tom can make the change because if I do it, the system might get confused.
Me - The system?  What system?
Him - The computer.
Me - OK.  But what if Tom is on vacation for two weeks?
Him - Then you'll have to wait until he returns.
Me -  What if Tom has been fired?
Him- Ummmmmm.......
Him - I can transfer you to his section and maybe they can do it for you.
Me - OK.
He transfers me and I get a recorded message "Thank you for calling Bell.  Our offices are closed.  Please try again tomorrow.

Sigh....

BTW That was a week ago and I'm still waiting for the change after calling Tue and being told I'd be on the "emergency urgent list" and that someone would call me within 24 hrs.  48 hrs have passed and I'm about to call again...

Gotta love Bell.

Harris said:
   eventually got a live person by saying operator at every automated prompt.  Unfortunately the live person was just as stupid. 

NOOOOOO WAYYYYYY!!!!!!  I always thought that was an urban legend.  Live person....pft....you lie >:D  How many buttons did you have to punch to get that?  And what are the chances of getting a live, stupid person helping you?  I think you should go buy a lottery ticket, Harris, things are LOOKING GOOD for you ;D

Okay, so it is not something I heard, but it is one of the dumbest things that I read today.  Man, I HATE it when that happens ::)

School locked down after 'ninja' sighted in woods Wed Jun 25, 2:57 PM ET

BARNEGAT, N.J. - It's the case of the nonexistent ninja. Public schools in Barnegat were locked down briefly after someone reported seeing a ninja running through the woods behind an elementary school.

Turns out the ninja was actually a camp counselor dressed in black karate garb and carrying a plastic sword.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press the man was late to a costume-themed day at a nearby middle school.

The lockdown began shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday and lasted until 9:30

___

Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Okay, so it is not something I heard, but it is one of the dumbest things that I read today.   Man, I HATE it when that happens ::)

School locked down after 'ninja' sighted in woods Wed Jun 25, 2:57 PM ET

BARNEGAT, N.J. - It's the case of the nonexistent ninja. Public schools in Barnegat were locked down briefly after someone reported seeing a ninja running through the woods behind an elementary school.

Turns out the ninja was actually a camp counselor dressed in black karate garb and carrying a plastic sword.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press the man was late to a costume-themed day at a nearby middle school.

The lockdown began shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday and lasted until 9:30

___

Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com

Besides, if it was a real Ninja, they wouldn't have seen him anyway.  >:D

Not today, but a few years ago when I was posted to LFAA HQ.

As we worked one weekend a month supporting the Reserve Units in the area, myself, the Chief Comm Op and other members of the G6 Branch would go to one of the local pubs for Steak and Eggs for lunch. We went to a little one up Barrington St (we worked out of the MT & T building at the time) and sat down. The Chief Comm Op ordered his meal and asked for scrambled eggs with his steak. The conversation went something like this.

Server "I'm sorry sir, we don't have scrambled today."
CCO "But you do have fried, right?"
Server "Yes sir, you can have over easy or sunny side up."
CCO "And to confirm, you don't have scrambled?"
Server "That is correct."
CCO "Okay then, make me two sunny side up, but after you put them on the grill, take a fork and mix them all up for me please."
Server "No problem sir, I'm sure our cook can do that for you."

Harris, call Bell, go to the billing selection and say "CANCEL". That will give you the business office whose job it is to make you happy.. I just got a free modem to replace the one I have.. tech support was ready to sell it to me for about $60 - Business office, free!

come back at 1300 as heard in the shacks
anyone in pet would know why
me? I'm already on leave, so I don't care much.

Harris said:
I needed to make some changes to my cell phone plan.  Called bell and eventually got a live person by saying operator at every automated prompt.  Unfortunately the live person was just as stupid.  The conversation went like:

Me- I called over a week ago to get my phone changed.  Nothing happened, can you do it please?
Him- Sorry Sir, but Tom was that one you made your request to and he isn't here right now.
Me- Can't you do it?
Him - No Sorry, but only Tom can make the change because if I do it, the system might get confused.
Me - The system?  What system?
Him - The computer.
Me - OK.  But what if Tom is on vacation for two weeks?
Him - Then you'll have to wait until he returns.
Me -  What if Tom has been fired?
Him- Ummmmmm.......
Him - I can transfer you to his section and maybe they can do it for you.
Me - OK.
He transfers me and I get a recorded message "Thank you for calling Bell.  Our offices are closed.  Please try again tomorrow.

Sigh....

BTW That was a week ago and I'm still waiting for the change after calling Tue and being told I'd be on the "emergency urgent list" and that someone would call me within 24 hrs.  48 hrs have passed and I'm about to call again...

Gotta love Bell.
Sorry, but one word...Rogers...by the way, who likes the run around from Emily???  Ontario Bell customers will understand that one.  That is one of the reasons I switched to Cogeco. 
Edited to add for the theme of the thread:  "Bell Canada Appreciates your business"

Be careful what you wish for there.

I'm now in Day 5 of  no Internet, Cable and Home Phone service from Rogers. he repair guy who showed on Day three and will be back agfain today said then it would be up in 8 hours.  ::)

Bell called last week trying to woo me back with promises they lowered their prices to only slightly higher than everyone else and swore they fired all the mentally challenged  and crack addicted monkeys in their customer service and tech support and replaced them with new ones. I may have to check them out......when I can actually use my phone.

Back