• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Technoviking said:
With all apologies to the Dead Kennedys, this news item from the DPRK reminds me of this little ditty:

Good Lord, you MUST be old..... ;D
I remember my parents throwing away my DK shirts in 1995...and I wasn't even out of high school then....

Hammer Sandwich said:
Good Lord, you MUST be old..... ;D
I remember my parents throwing away my DK shirts in 1995...and I wasn't even out of high school then....
:rofl:
I remember in 1987, I had just moved in with my older brother, and his friend was over, and was totally DISGUSTED by the name of the band, let alone by their music.  Some people just have no taste ;D

Technoviking said:
:rofl:
I remember in 1987, I had just moved in with my older brother, and his friend was over, and was totally DISGUSTED by the name of the band, let alone by their music.  Some people just have no taste ;D

And I see your  :rofl:
.....except in 1987, I was still in diapers....

(I was almost nine years old, though).....

Canadian1992 said:
I heard this gem in my grade 12 biology class during the reproduction unit.  A classmate asked my teacher,"Do people have to have a twin to produce twins?"

I have a son and daughter who are twins, and I get asked all the time if they are identical. It's an exercise in self-restraint.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I have a son and daughter who are twins, and I get asked all the time if they are identical. It's an exercise in self-restraint.

Oh gosh. I bet that they're SO identical. (INSERT SARCASTIC TONE)

I used to point out that one has a part the other one doesn't. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
I used to point out that one has a part the other one doesn't. ;)

Uh....nevermind.....I'm not going to say it...... ;D

So I volunteered to help coach my son's rugby team.

"You need to get a Police Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) done," says the club official.

"I just had one done for hockey,"  says I.

"No this one needs to be for rugby," says the club official.

"A Police Record Check for hockey is different from one for hockey" says I?

"Rugby Canada won't accept one done for anything else,"  says the club official.

I will give them a copy of the one I had done for hockey and see what Rugby Canada actually says.  I cannot believe anyone could actually be so assinine as to say you need separate checks for essentially the same thing (working with youth).  What a waste of police resources to do two checks withing two months.  As a taxpayer, I am appalled.  If Rugby Canada does in fact try to do this (I'm simply hoping the Club official is mistaken) then I will be kicking up a big stink.  I'm a prop, so I'm not especially subtle sometimes...

Pusser said:
...  What a waste of police resources to do two checks withing two months.  As a taxpayer, I am appalled.  ...

Strikes me as similar to PWGSC requiring pers to obtain (and maintain) duplicate security clearances.

For example:  I have a level x clearance in the CF.  For my civvy-side job, PWGSC requires me to submit separately for the same level clearance.  Same clearance level.  Same forms.  Same checks.  Same groups working the forms and checks.  Duplication of effort for all - YAY!

I asked about this during an interview with CSIS a few years ago.  They agreed it was unnecessary.  Yet it continues.

Andy011 said:
Strikes me as similar to PWGSC requiring pers to obtain (and maintain) duplicate security clearances.

For example:  I have a level x clearance in the CF.  For my civvy-side job, PWGSC requires me to submit separately for the same level clearance.  Same clearance level.  Same forms.  Same checks.  Same groups working the forms and checks.  Duplication of effort for all - YAY!

I asked about this during an interview with CSIS a few years ago.  They agreed it was unnecessary.  Yet it continues.

That is because many people having you fill out these forms do not know what they are doing, or that there are other forms which they can submit along with your application that would indicate your other Clearance, include your PRI/SN and your DOB.  Of course there is also that button that they could use: "Transfer" that would also speed up the process.  In the end, it is still a long drawn out process.

George Wallace said:
That is because many people having you fill out these forms do not know what they are doing, ...

I suspect that is the prime factor.  Though, to be fair, it's not just the public service institutions (or Rugby Canada) that suffer from an obsession with duplication of effort.  :2c:

Interesting side note on clearances, I waited over 2 years for my renewal when I was a member, retired without it going through (yes I followed up regularly)
Started my new position with a Crown Corporation, submitted paper work, lo and behold it came through within 2 months... go figure?

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I just read through all 97 pages of thread in the last few days and there are a lot of HILARIOUS posts. Definitely a lot of rants though unrelated.

I shall however post something ridiculous I heard at work the other day.

Customer- "This is unacceptable. How are you going to fix it so my mail gets to me today even though it isn't going out?"

Me- I think you just answered your own question...

jemcgrg said:
I just read through all 97 pages of thread

Fu*king finally....someone who's learning the system...........

Mils for you...keep reading, there's a massive load of good info on these boards.

You wanna read stupid?..
Click on my username....(it's in orange).....

Click on....."show posts".

Read.....enjoy....

Do not duplicate.  :nod:

I live as an example to others.

From a job opportunity posting... for an unnamed security company, shall we say... under the "required skills" heading:

"Ability to sit for extended periods of time and observe cameras."

Odd, I've never really considered that a skill before...  Maybe I'll need to re-vamp my Curriculum Vitae with a few more abilities to really put myself above the herd...  ;D

ivan the tolerable said:
From a job opportunity posting... for an unnamed security company, shall we say... under the "required skills" heading:

"Ability to sit for extended periods of time and observe cameras."

Odd, I've never really considered that a skill before...  Maybe I'll need to re-vamp my Curriculum Vitae with a few more abilities to really put myself above the herd...  ;D

Eh. The ability to sit for extended periods of time and observe cameras without getting so bored out of your gourd that you go insane, or quit within a couple weeks to avoid going insane, is indeed a job skill. One that I don't think I possess. To be frank, the only way I would be able to do that would be with the use of something that will provide a distraction, such as music or a book, which will of course inherently detract from my ability to monitor the cameras.

Back