• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Journeyman said:

Actually Bob I meant to post that in the site on the MPAC (haever thef rack that is) but a bit frazzeled at work today. Highlight of the day was when my meth addict client failed to show. That means I had time for lunch, 5 min dash to the corner for a donair and wolfed it down while checking the net.

BTW that link you posted is blocked by City of Toronto ::)

Danjanou said:
Actually Bob I meant to post that in the site on the MPAC (haever thef rack that is) but a bit frazzeled at work today. Highlight of the day was when my meth addict client failed to show. That means I had time for lunch, 5 min dash to the corner for a donair and wolfed it down while checking the net.

BTW that link you posted is blocked by City of Toronto ::)

Man those meth addicts sure are dependable....NOT!

On MSN: Last night's 'The Bachelor' leaves audiences stunned

Aren't they already stunned??  They do watch the show, right?  ???

My apologies to anyone who does watch.

"Confidence in a bottle"  :nod: (Proactiv solution)

Yeah!!! that's the kind of confidence one wants  ::)

the_girlfirend said:
"Confidence in a bottle"  :nod: (Proactiv solution)

Yeah!!! that's the kind of confidence one wants  ::)

"Confidence in a bottle"? ;D

Jack%20Daniels%20Whiskey.jpg

I have heard wind of some individuals with three years in being forced to choose between PLQ, Commission or Release.

So let me get this straight - the Army wants to RECRUIT a whole load of people, realizes that it needs more qualified instructors, these individuals speak up and know they lack the practical experience to be a decent MCpl, and they threaten to RELEASE these people who they put a whole load of money and trg time towards in the first place?

::)

CorporalMajor said:
I have heard wind of some individuals with three years in being forced to choose between PLQ, Commission or Release.

So let me get this straight - the Army wants to RECRUIT a whole load of people, realizes that it needs more qualified instructors, these individuals speak up and know they lack the practical experience to be a decent MCpl, and they threaten to RELEASE these people who they put a whole load of money and trg time towards in the first place?

::)

And you heard this from where? Actual written down policy, or a friend of friend's mother's haridresser's dog walker told me about it?

Or perhaps I misunderstood your contribution to the thread, and you're actually entering a comment for "Whats the dumbest thing you heard said today?" for the rest of us.

Danjanou said:
And you heard this from where? Actual written down policy, or a friend of friend's mother's haridresser's dog walker told me about it?

Or perhaps I misunderstood your contribution to the thread, and you're actually entering a comment for "Whats the dumbest thing you heard said today?" for the rest of us.
No. This is a friend of my friend. He is a reliable source, this is being done, and I think it is counter-productive and stupid. 

Are we talking Reserves or Reg force?  I find it hard to see someone with three years in the RegF being offered this.

PMedMoe said:
Are we talking Reserves or Reg force?  I find it hard to see someone with three years in the RegF being offered this.
No this is PRes Army, units BDE and individuals shall remain nameless.

I thought the Regs were hurting more badly for MCpls?  Nonetheless, I think it would make more sense, I would much rather be led by someone with three continuous years of service Ref Force, over three years of Thursdays, Weekends and Summers. 

The Regs may be "hurting" for MCpls, but I just don't see a three year Pte being offered a PLQ.  Unless they're combat arms types.

The regs and the reserves are hurting and it has been a few years that privates may be course loaded on PLQ.  I doubt anyone can be seriously threatened with release in the event of them not taking a course.

Bzzliteyr said:
The regs and the reserves are hurting and it has been a few years that privates may be course loaded on PLQ.  I doubt anyone can be seriously threatened with release in the event of them not taking a course.

Believe it.  The guy was faced with the choice right then and there, and having done uni, he chose commission.  That is a different unit than mine though. But now I know my unit might want me on it - I have barely any experience to lead with!!!!! Will it happen to me?  all the Sgts/WOs in my unit are abandoning ship or CTing.  So it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Apparently, we are all having to produce not only as many MCpls as possible but also, three officer candidates per unit. Given the turkeys I have seen being granted commission... who have been totally weak leaders or bone-headed "fearless leader" types.... this is really going to hurt us in the end.

forwarded to me by a friend

This is from a Babies/ pregnancy message board.

BC while prego?

Are any of you guys using birth control while you're pregnant?  I've heard of Irish twins (sorry if the term offends any of you I don't know the medical term) and actually know 2 of them and I'm wondering if DH and I should be concerned about it.

It's not that I'm not thrilled I'm pregnant, I just don't think we are ready for 2 babies at the same time.

EPIC FAIL

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/11935529.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Journeyman said:
I'm still betting on Option B  ;D
Hey, bet all your earnings on "B" but I'm telling the absolute truth, and no matter how out to lunch the story sounds, sometimes reality is more retarded than fiction.

Or do you really think I'm just making this up for sh_ts and giggles? Then fine, don't believe me, but I still am telling a true story. Some people laughed at the idea of the earth being round.

Stupidest of the Day:

...I have to take University classes and work another Part-time job, I don't have the time to chase around a bunch of teenagers with complex schedules.

Self-explanatory.

Me:"Gin and tonic please"
Bartender:"How do you make a gin and tonic?"

Oh! and while not from today:
On a week end range ex, where they had slept 7-8 hours on the Friday and 6-7 hours on the Saturday...we overheard a sister course say they were "overtired".

Back