• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Some kid, looked no older than 14, comes up to me while I'm smoking, and says:

"Excuse me, but I'm so f*****g high right now, do you have an extra smoke?"

:rofl:

Someone has been watching the recent movie "Kick-***" one way too many times.

ABC News report video link

link

Real-life superhero stops car robbery in Seattle

By Michael Bolen | Daily Brew – Fri, 7 Jan 2:13 PM EST

If you thought superheroes were only found on the silver screen or in comic books, think again. Superheroes are real — just ask Phoenix Jones, the Guardian of Seattle.

Phoenix, a costumed hero operating in Washington state, grabbed headlines this week after he stopped a car robbery in progress. You can watch the news report below.

Operating out of a comic book shop, Phoenix is a member of the Rain City Superheroes, itself part of the wider real-life superhero movement.

That's right, there are many people who dress in costumes and patrol the streets of their cities and towns. You can find a number of Canadian crime-fighters in the World Superhero Registry, including Vancouver's Thanatos, who was profiled by The Globe and Mail in 2009.

According to Seattle police, the Rain City group includes Thorn, Buster Doe, Green Reaper, Gemini, No Name, Catastrophe, Thunder 88, Penelope and Phoenix Jones himself. A hero name Red Dragon has also appeared with the group.

Phoenix and his team have been garnering attention for months now. Back in November, online paper seattlepi.com reported that police were well aware of the operations of the band of heroes.

And while police are tolerating their actions, they warn that the heroes may be putting themselves in grave danger. Phoenix claims he has been stabbed in the line of work and the bullet proof vest he wears under his suit stopped a bullet during an incident in Tacoma, Wash. last year. Police have not confirmed his claims.

They have, however, determined Phoenix's secret identity, but have so far declined to disclose it to the public. Phoenix and his group appear to have nothing but good things to say about the authorities.

In an interview today with Good Morning America, Phoenix said, "We want to have a great relationship with police and we also want to help them as much as possible."

You can see the interview with Phoenix and his teammates, Red Dragon and Buster Doe, below.

from today's Edmonton Sun:

Woman sues after walking into glass door
By TONY BLAIS, Court Bureau
Last Updated: January 7, 2011 9:23pm

An Edmonton woman is suing a downtown clothing store for $175,000 after alleging she was severely injured when she walked into a closed sliding glass entrance door.

In a statement of claim filed Dec. 15 in Court of Queen’s Bench, Nora Stovel alleges she was trying to go into Blu’s Womens Wear from the second-floor lobby of Manulife Place, 10180 101 St., when she collided with a clear glass panel of one of the sliding units leading into the store.

Stovel claims she suffered “severe” injuries from the Dec. 20, 2008, collision and subsequent fall onto the hard tile floor, including a laceration to the right side of her head that needed several stitches and left a permanent scar.

Stovel also claims she suffered contusions to the right side of her face, a right shoulder strain that resulted in bursitis and frozen shoulder syndrome, a fracture of her left femur and multiple contusions.

As a result of her alleged injuries, Stovel says she incurred medical expenses for physiotherapy, massage therapy and the costs of a gym membership.

She also says she had to pay $13,650 to have a bathroom built on the main floor of her house.

Stovel is also seeking damages for allegedly requiring assistance from family members for her personal care after being discharged from hospital, including the performance of housekeeping and yard and home maintenance tasks, and a loss of income.

According to the statement of claim – which also names as defendants the store manager and the owners and property managers of the premises – Stovel alleges her collision and fall were caused by the defendants’ failure to take reasonable care she would be safe using the premises.

Stovel claims that includes failing to ensure the lighting in the store and lobby area was sufficient for members of the public to see the plate glass when the sliding door units were closed and that there were visible markings on the glass at eye level to enhance visibility.

She also claims the store and store manager were negligent for allowing the sliding glass doors to be closed when the store’s interior lights were still on and customers were still inside and visible to people approaching.

A statement of defence has not yet been filed.

Statements of claim and statements of defence contain allegations which have not been proven in court.

tony.blais@sunmedia.ca

Journeyman said:
Quoting an idiotic post, from a member banned 5 1/2 years ago because of his idiotic posts...ya, that's likely the dumbest thing read today  ::)

Well, I was searching something as it pertained to standard testing, and IQ's, and this is one of the first things to come up. I read it through the posts, and the link to him not being able to figure out how his cap badge works, and was blown away. Considering it was 5 1/2 years ago, possibly some people hadn't seen it, and might get a good laugh, others might get a lesson on how not to conduct themselves, and the rest might enjoy some feelings of nostalgia. Don't really know what else to say, so I'll let Youtube do it for me.

Have a nice day.  :)

Classic rock song censored for its lyrics

Editing for nothing for Dire Straits

From the first link:

It may be classic rock but the song Money for Nothing by Dire Straits will either have to be edited or not played in its original form after a decision by the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council.

After a complaint from a listener to OZ-FM in Newfoundland who heard the song at 9:15 at night, the CBSC ruled that Money for Nothing, a radio staple since 1985, violates the code of ethics on several fronts due to the use of the word "faggot."

More at links

::)

Second comment on the Sun article says it all.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Save me from the politically correct!!

Hawk

"I don't need her medical information, just what her prescription was."

In regards to getting my new medical service plan number.

"Pure MDMA is better than E" , spoken by some random slack jawed yahoo kid while I was getting smokes....  I wanted to slap the idiot right out of him.... aside from the whole drugs=bad thing, it's grossly ignorant. Ecstacy=MDMA=meth that's been screwed with.

Was on the 95X Baseline this morning and there was a fellow sitting near the back, and I quote:

"China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. China, CSIS, biological warfare, new world order, child soldiers, abortions, CIA, Barack Obama, thermonuclear war. CHINA, CSIS, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, NEW WORLD ORDER, CHILD SOLDIERS, ABORTIONS, CIA, BARACK OBAMA, THERMONUCLEAR WAR. CHINA, CSIS, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, NEW WORLD ORDER, CHILD SOLDIERS, ABORTIONS, CIA, BARACK OBAMA, THERMONUCLEAR WAR. CHINA, CSIS, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, NEW WORLD ORDER, CHILD SOLDIERS, ABORTIONS, CIA, BARACK OBAMA, THERMONUCLEAR WAR. CHINA, CSIS, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, NEW WORLD ORDER, CHILD SOLDIERS, ABORTIONS, CIA, BARACK OBAMA, THERMONUCLEAR WAR. CHINA, CSIS, BIOLOGICAL WARFARE, NEW WORLD ORDER, CHILD SOLDIERS, ABORTIONS, CIA, BARACK OBAMA, THERMONUCLEAR WAR."

To which I then got off the bus as fast as I could at Mackenzie King and took refuge in Tim Horton's.

Sounds like a typical rap song then  :nod:.

OK, he was doing a schizophrenic rap show...

MM

I was going to say that it sounds like a bad episode of Dora the Explorer:

"Forest, bridge, snowy mountain.
Forest, bridge, snowy mountain.
FOREST, BRIDGE, SNO-WY MOUN-TAIN!"

I caught a graduate student cutting a good amount of sodium soaked in oil on a paper towel. Sodium is highly flammable, and a fire caused by metal is not good. Oil is used to protect the sodium from atmospheric moisture. However, paper is a good combustible and absorb the oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium

Worst than
Whats the dumbest thing you heard said today?
, it is Whats the dumbest thing you saw today ! Another future book-smart leader graduating from our finest university !

a big  ::)

On the train going downtown, a man was stopped by the transit police. When they asked to see is ticket, he fumbles in his pockets, and pulls out what appeared to be a crack tube and a baggie. Then he tells the cop "I'm so #@%$# cracked out I musta forgot to buy one." Then he hands over everything he's holding to the second cop, and politely asks "Can you hold this for a minute please? I think I'm about to get a ticket."

Could this get any more messed up? Oh hell yes.....

When they handcuffed him, he tells the less than amused transit cop: "Can we make this kinda quick? I got court at 2 and I gotta get more rocks cause you took my other stuff."

Although part of me wanted to laugh, really it is kind of sad/disgusting to see how far gone some folks are because of substance abuse. And it's pretty much a daily occurrence here, everyday I see another person getting beat up, arrested or some other crap because they cant stop using....

when my dad said i got an email from jtf2 and he thought they thought he was a terrorist but it turns out the email said this is for web updates only :argument:

In an "Introduction to Entrepreneurship" course last week:

Professor: Can anyone name any successful Canadian Entrepreneurs?
Student: I don't know his name, but the guy that invented Tim Horton's.......
Professor: You mean, Tim Horton?
Student: Yeah, I guess.....

Back