• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

(OT but almost relevant)
I do enjoy the flavour of McD's coffee; however, I was completely turned off of McD's one fine morning.  I stopped in to buy a cup of coffee.  I paid.  And I waited. And waited some more.  I tried to get the pimply-faced teen's attention as to "where is my coffee?", but apparently there was something happening on twitter.  After a few minutes, and right after the customer after me got their stuff (meal included), I left, and I have yet to go back.

(And I don't eat muffins.)

Wait....what?

Twenty-eight years in the Mob and still haven't acquired a taste for coffee.  The tea at Timmy's is best though.  McD's just hands me a cup of lukewarm water and a tea bag.  It just doesn't work.

Sigger said:
They still have that going!!??

They do in Kingston (at participating restaurants).

TV, while I understand your frustration, that situation could have just as easily happened at Timmy's.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled thread.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled thread.  ;)
Not quite yet.  ;D

McD's changed their coffee a few months back; theirs now tastes much better than Timmies ever did.

Anyone who feels a need to drink Timmies because that makes them a Canadian is clearly a weak, lame, desperate excuse for both a Canadian and a coffee drinker. I live on coffee, so I go for taste rather than marketting. As for being a Canadian, somewhere amongst my tattoos is a maple leaf, so I don't need a Timmies cup should I ever misplace my passport.

OK, now you can return to the regular thread  ;)

Danjanou said:
Best I can do
:cheers:
Well it is Friday...the 13th at that......and while I'm stuck within the grid square for duty reasons, I just may have a frosty beverage

:cheers:

Journeyman said:
Anyone who feels a need to drink Timmies because that makes them a Canadian is clearly a weak, lame, desperate excuse for both a Canadian and a coffee drinker. I live on coffee, so I go for taste rather than marketting. As for being a Canadian, somewhere amongst my tattoos is a maple leaf, so I don't need a Timmies cup should I ever misplace my passport.
I prefer Timmies, although McD's coffee is good as well.  I'm drinking it probably more out of habit than anything.  Though I have no tattoos, I do have two passports, so I'm good ;D

211RadOp said:
Just on the news:

"Gas in Ontario has gone up to $1.38/litre, the highest it has been in years."

Sorry, but it is $1.41.9/litre in Kingston now.

Just a helpful hint to any drivers/smokers in Ottawa, there's a little gas station on Bantree Road in the industrial park, beside the Metro distribution warehouse, that consistently has prices from 5 to 8 cents a litre cheaper than anywhere else. And, they sell premium cigarettes (Export Blue, etc...) for app. 18.80 for 2 packs. This would be especially beneficial if you worked, say, at the National Defense building on Walkley, since it's barely a 2 minute drive from where you work. Or if you just happen to be in the neighbourhood.

Last night the gas there was 1.25.7/L.

Stopped fora beer or six after work. Bar discussion turned to the news story out of Tenerife today where some poor woman was decapitated. Once Mensa member at the next table  asked if "she ( the woman who was decapitated) was ok?"

Yeah sure she is ::)

Danjanou said:
Stopped fora beer or six after work. Bar discussion turned to the news story out of Tenerife today where some poor woman was decapitated. Once Mensa member at the next table  asked if "she ( the woman who was decapitated) was ok?"

Yeah sure she is ::)

:facepalm:
She'll never head up a committee of any sort......

Jim Seggie said:
Yeah, I've been drinking, but that made me laugh a bit louder than I should have ;D

Jim Seggie said:

Mr Seggie gets bonus points for making me snort beer by accident, short circuiting my laughter into choking and sputtering. What were we talking about again?? *cracks fresh beer*

dinicthus said:
I'm thinking irrational hate. When you are surrounded by people who all agree with your unrealistic views on the world, occasionally you let them slip out where sane people can witness it.

This doesn't say much for where our society is heading.........Which Riding voted in a member of the Green Party?

Back