• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When did you join the Canadian Forces ?

Damn, I'm new.

Joined in Feb 2004 with the Princess of Wales' Own Regiment down in Kingston. Moved up to the Camerons in Ottawa in Sept '05.

Reserves in 1975 - New Westminister Rifles so I could drink.
Regular Force 1979 - Cornwallis 7902 served on HMCS Gatineau and released 1981.
Rejoined in 1984 and served on HMCS Terra Nova (the space ship) until 1988.
OCTP(M) as Air Weapons and transferred to Artillery in 1990.
Served in Chatham NB, Lethbridge AB, Kingston ON and Moncton and Gagetown NB.  Currently in the sandbox.

1998-2000: Reserves infanteer
2000-2007: Reg force infantry officer
:salute: :cdn:

March 1976  Seaforth Highlanders of Canada. I was part of the big recruitment for the 76 summer Olympics.I didn't go to Montreal they sent me to Vernon Cadet Campt to teach as I was a cadet at the same time.

13 Dec 2000 at HMCS PREVOST as a MARS officer (Reserve)
Swapped over to the Reg F 01 Apr 2007 to ACSO (Air Nav at the time)

Travelled around, took part in some things, haven't had a bad posting yet. 

24 June 1983 - Kitchener K/W RCAF Wing hosted enrollment ceremony - this summer after 2nd year university, I departed for officer training at CFRS Cornwallis very soon after.  Released at end of obligatory service May 1989

Re-enrolled - 17 December 1990 at Ottawa Recruiting Centre - still serving

Was 'B' Company Commander at CFRS Cornwallis July 1993 - August 1994 (closure).

West Nova Scotia Regiment 1980 - 1982
Reg Force:  September 1984, Course 8441 CFB Cornwallis.  Thanksgiving weekend.  Had to report in by 1800 on Saturday.  Sat around the shacks until Tuesday morning doing nothing.
Still serving.  8 years 3 months and 19 days to retirement.  :)

I sent my application in around October the 15th for the Artillery Reserves... Been waiting ever since, working my ass off writing all these papers trying to get through the application process. About to head down to the recruiting office and switch over to Regs as Infantry now that I've turned 17. Hope the wait to get into BMQ isn't too long.

3VP Highlander said:
JUL 1970, when I joined B Coy Alq Regt in Timmins, On.

Really? I was raised in Chapleau, haha.

Inpromtu said:
My enrollement ceremony is on Jan 4, Artillery reserve

Which artillery reserve would this be?

Joined Sept 1974 Course 7436??? Cornwallis, plan on retiring End June 2011, all Reg F, when my leave is done March 2012? it'll be 37.5, don't regret a minute.

Mike

Sworn in June 8, 1966, left for Cornwallis by train, July 4, Conestoga 33.

Hawk

Enrolled Windsor Regiment September 1975.  Supp list from 1981 for 5 years, back to the Windsors.  Still at at, at least until later this spring.

Sworn in as a PRes gunner on 20 Jan 1994. After a couple years of trade school and the birth of my first son, CT'd to reg force on 3 May 2002.

Just received my CD last month, only a year and a half late. It's funny, some days I feel like I've been in forever, other days it feels like I joined yesterday!

Applied January 2011, sworn in June 2011, BMQ starts July 2011 for Weapons Engineering Tech - Navy.

Can't wait!!!

Rev

10 November 1985 in Cornwallis as a YTEP.  ATCA then SS Tech then AVN and now amalgameted again to ACS/ALSE. 

27 May 1993 as PRes Armd Crewman.  Been there ever since (except for a couple of years ED&T when the civvy boss sent me down under to help build army cars for the ADF, and another 2 attached to the Guns) though with a little less armour than we used to have :(

I haven't!  ;D

No wait, that won't do.

Swear in August 3rd.

Ugh, wait, can I get a 'do over' post in a few months?

PRes Veh Tech 33 Svc Bn in Halifax September 1983 to 1989.

When did I join? When these guys were Top of the Pops, and I had about as much hair as they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXXPGsc9LnE

Back