• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wow what a song and video

painswessex

Inactive
Reaction score
not sure if this has been posted yet saw it on the CTV website. It is a long link i hope it works.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate?tf=/ctv/mar/video/new_player.html&cf=ctv/mar/ctv.cfg&hub=Specials&video_link_high=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2006/11/10/ctvvideologger2_500kbps_2006_11_10_1163190974.wmv&video_link_low=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2006/11/10/ctvvideologger2_218kbps_2006_11_10_1163189452.wmv&clip_start=00:00:53.68&clip_end=00:04:10.25&clip_caption=Canada AM: George Canyon's musical tribute to fallen soldiers&clip_id=ctvnews.20061110.00170000-00170214-clip1&subhub=video&no_ads=&sortdate=20061110&slug=fallen_soldier_song_061110&archive=CTVNews

Outstanding................snot bubbles everywhere.........................very painful song yet very good!!!!!!!!!

I just seen this young man on global BC. This is one powerful song.

http://www.canadaremembered.com/#

Click on the links on the right side.

The following is right from the song writer, Shawn Hlookoff own words.

Soldiers are often criticized instead of recognized for the work they do. Growing up I've seen many negative stories on news stations about people who view soldiers as killing machines and wastes of taxpayers money. We seem to forget that soldiers are human beings first and deserve
to be treated as you and I would expect to be. I'm not saying war is right or wrong. Believe it
or not I've talked to soldiers that don't support the war and don't support the leader who sends them there. However, the military is a place where they can fit in. A place where they can be part of something on a larger scale. A place that allows them to provide for their family. A place
where they can make a difference for you and I. All I'm saying is respect them for who they are,
respect them for the little girl or boy who's waiting for mommy or daddy to come home.
Respect them for you.

Does any play guitar and figured out the chords for this Shawn Hlookoff song??

Thank you George.  :salute: :cdn:

I'd like to find the chords for this song as well. Is there a title?

Just wanted to update anyone who liked the song, that the video is premiering tonight on the CMT channel tonight at 8:50 ET, 5:50 PT and 9:50 ATL. Should be a good one. Apparently, it still retains the Canadian Forces theme, so I'll be sure to tune in.

Thanks for the reminder. I am looking forward to seeing this tonight.

Warning to the emotional, (ie Me) have kleenex handy.  :-[

I love this song - it gets me every time I hear it - and I do not generally like country music.

Edit: Spelling - good thing Pea takes such good care of me ;)

I don't know what CMT you were watching, but I have Roseanne on at 8:50, and now Reba...I will definitely watch for it though.. :cdn:

... :'(...
---------heart string...

lump in throat.... :'(
Nice tribute 
:salute:
:cdn:

The video was shown right after roseanne, before Reba. I thought it was sweet. It had some good old Canadian cheese in it, but it was well done and got the point across. I love George Canyon even more now!! :-*<----That's for George

i saw the credits for Roseanne and thought that I had the wrong night..errrrrrrrrrrrr :crybaby: Thanks. I will keep an eye out for it

I really liked this video. I think George did a great job, and what a nice way to honor our troops and their families. I think he got his point across too.

An emotional video, but a good one. (ok.. I blubbered..) Thanks George!!  :-*

Back