• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You Want To Be A Pilot : 2018 - present

Scramjet

Reaction score
Not sure the CPL way is a viable backup in the short/medium term!
I agree. Taking it slow but also not interested in airlines. I already have a decent career so this would be for a fun side gig. Unfortunately to get paid at any capacity to fly you need a CPL. That being said I would take the pay cut and drop everything for a Pilot slot in the forces.

Messerschmitt

Reaction score
Not sure the CPL way is a viable backup in the short/medium term!
If you think the military is a short/medium term you are hardly mistaken my friend. And I mean WING STANDARDS, not 17-25 years career. Expect a minimum 5 years once you got your acceptance letter to just get your wings. That's 150hrs in minimum 5 years. 6-7 years is more realistic with the current clogged system.

Hafoc

Reaction score
Can anyone give advice on what to do once you are told you do not meet the PCL? I passed ACS, as well as Aircrew medical, however I guess the needs of the RCAF have changed and my file is no longer competitive. I've tried reaching out to the local recruiting office but they didn't have any advice other than to maybe try again later.