• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You Want To Be A Pilot : 2018 - present

Eye In The Sky said:
What is DPRG...is it a sub-org of CMP like DPGR is?

DPGR maybe? Lol I don%u2019t know. %u201CThose people%u201D in Ottawa. Irregardless (not a word), those are the numbers I heard. This waiting is difficult. Seems like last year people started hearing results in late March / early April, which years prior to that people were hearing result a lot later. So it could be worse!

Good luck to all.

EDIT: Yes, DPGR!

Hi everyone,
I am a new member on here and i have followed the forum for a few months now. I have a few questions regarding the kind of things the recruiters look for in the CV of candidates. I did the ACS test in November 2019 and I havent reached the score to pass it. So until i redo it, im trying to do stuff to make my resume and experiences even better until I pass my interview. So, do you guys have any ideas what are the best stuff to do?
Also, im trying to get in with the ROTP program.

Thank you,

Tiwill123

Just spoke with my recruiter office. Deo is 11 spots... I'm going into years three of competition list this March. According to them pilot positions are becoming even more competitive.

Duffman118 said:
I'm going into years three of competition list this March.
Has your CFRC ever given you an idea of how well you're currently ranked on the competition list? Have they ever implied anything to you, to give you a better understanding of where you stand? I'm just curious, because I'm nervous myself.
Also, which CFRC detachment is your application being processed in?

John Smith said:
Has your CFRC ever given you an idea of how well you're currently ranked on the competition list? Have they ever implied anything to you, to give you a better understanding of where you stand? I'm just curious, because I'm nervous myself.
Also, which CFRC detachment is your application being processed in?

I was told last Sept during second interview extreamly vaguely that I am "about" right in the middle of the competition list out of the ppl that had completed all required prerequisites for pilot at the time (ie aircrew/medical/interview).. unfortunately I dont think I would fall into the top 11 but I'm being extremely optimistic since it's my (and I assume all.other applicants) dream job.

Duffman118 said:
Just spoke with my recruiter office. Deo is 11 spots... I'm going into years three of competition list this March. According to them pilot positions are becoming even more competitive.

I think it was 16 for FY 19/20. I heard it was 11 for FY 20/21 as well. So yeah it's getting more competitive.

hi,

Get high marks at school , so you become competitive for Kingston , Practice a lot to pass the ACS , volunteer and sports, but don’t focus too much on that. In my experience once you pass acs and you are good at school you get a slot for pilot rmc.

The demand for baby pilots was reduced significantly. I was contacted in January to tell me they have raised the requirements for pilot and i was no longer admissible for now.

I was scheduled for my interview a week earlier after passing the tests in Trenton and the recruiter told me that i had good odds since my overall file score was above the last offer.

It's a bit frustrating since my first aircrew selection test was canceled and delayed for 6 months but i'll keep trying for a couple years (i'm getting older tho at 30 y.o). Hopefully they lower the requirements back to normal once the demand will grow a little.

I work at a big four as an engineer and i just cant stop thinking about this, truly feels like a calling.

FSTG said:
The demand for baby pilots was reduced significantly. I was contacted in January to tell me they have raised the requirements for pilot and i was no longer admissible for now.

I was scheduled for my interview a week earlier after passing the tests in Trenton and the recruiter told me that i had good odds since my overall file score was above the last offer.

It's a bit frustrating since my first aircrew selection test was canceled and delayed for 6 months but i'll keep trying for a couple years (i'm getting older tho at 30 y.o). Hopefully they lower the requirements back to normal once the demand will grow a little.

I work at a big four as an engineer and i just cant stop thinking about this, truly feels like a calling.

Thanks for the heads up.

What did you apply through? DEO? ROTP?

I just did my ACS this past November, medical in December, but haven't been told anything. I'm hearing rumours about them not taking any CEOTP internal candidates. I really wish there was some information passed on to people about what's going on. Maybe no news is good news.

Drallib said:
Thanks for the heads up.

What did you apply through? DEO? ROTP?

I applied as DEO. Last year was 16 positions for 2019/2020 and 11 for 2020/2021... so yeah i can understand why they raised the requirements.

I received a letter outlining the minor medical concerns which render me currently unsuitable in January of 2019. Having been working to resolve those issues, I was going to start the process of trying again this year, but for the pandemic. At least that gives me time to be absolutely certain that those concerns are entirely resolved.

Hey y'all.

Just came back from my CFRC. Asked the guy behind counter how many DEO Pilot slots there are available right now (22 Sep 2020). He said more than 1, less than 10. He had the exact number on his computer screen, but wouldn't tell me.  :-X

Anybody know anything about intake numbers right about now?

Thanks much.

John Smith said:
Hey y'all.

Just came back from my CFRC. Asked the guy behind counter how many DEO Pilot slots there are available right now (22 Sep 2020). He said more than 1, less than 10. He had the exact number on his computer screen, but wouldn't tell me.  :-X

Anybody know anything about intake numbers right about now?

Thanks much.

Not sure if you read my previous comment, but I removed it because I misunderstood your questions...

You're wondering how many are remaining for this current year.

As of last week, there were 5 out of 11 spots taken. So 6 remain! Hope this helps.  ;D

1. I had a call with a recruiting officer saying that CEOTP-pilot was not opened for application for the year 2021/2022. I am 19 years old and failed the ACS once two years ago. I also declined an offer to go to RMC and join as an AERE because I wanted to reapply.  I don't know if the recruiters are just lazy or it is true that Seneca is not an option this year.

2. Is joining the reserve a good idea prior to applying for pilot in the CAF? I heard that the CT can be a long process and that joining for another trade can enhance the chances to not be selected or be delayed for a greater amount of time for the ACS.

Thanks.

junker2122 said:
1. I had a call with a recruiting officer saying that CEOTP-pilot was not opened for application for the year 2021/2022. I am 19 years old and failed the ACS once two years ago. I also declined an offer to go to RMC and join as an AERE because I wanted to reapply.  I don't know if the recruiters are just lazy or it is true that Seneca is not an option this year.

2. Is joining the reserve a good idea prior to applying for pilot in the CAF? I heard that the CT can be a long process and that joining for another trade can enhance the chances to not be selected or be delayed for a greater amount of time for the ACS.

Thanks.

Hey Junker.

First, CEOTP-Pilot at Seneca isn't continuing I believe. One reason programs like that, as well as DEO, are cutting on numbers or stopping all together is because those candidates begin flight training almost immediately which increases the amount of pilots awaiting training. Programs like ROTP and UTPNCM (internal applicants) are continuing because those candidates have to complete schooling prior to beginning flight training, allowing more pilots awaiting training to go through the flight training.

I hope this makes sense.

Second, I wanted to go Pilot upon graduating high school but I didn't want to spend another semester upgrading my marks in order to go to RMC. I joined as a Combat Engineer at 19 years old in the Reserves and put in my Component Transfer for ACS Tech. From applying to my transfer to the RCAF was almost 2 years. Another 2 years of training in Borden (which now is longer due to the amount of personnel awaiting training), and then another 2 years of becoming Operationally Qualified, and now completing 4 University Courses on my own time, and applying through UTPNCM, only to go to RMC for 4 years, and then flight training for another 4 years... I'll be in my mid-30's as a Winged Pilot at my first unit.

If I were you, I would try for Pilot now. If not, join RMC as an AERE and try the ACS in Trenton again. You have an idea of what the test is like. And how to prepare.

Good luck! Maybe (hopefully) we'll cross paths in Flight Training. I applied for UTPNCM this year and could be at RMC in the Fall.

Thank you very much. Do you know how many slots pilot trade have this year for ROTP applicants. I know this is probably classified info, bot if someone have an insight it would be nice to know.

Thanks.

Why does it matter?  You've stated that your Aircrew Selection was not successful - when is your next attempt?  If it is later than what you need to apply for ROTP - just apply to another trade at RMC and then VOT to Pilot while at school.

Ditch said:
Why does it matter?  You've stated that your Aircrew Selection was not successful - when is your next attempt?  If it is later than what you need to apply for ROTP - just apply to another trade at RMC and then VOT to Pilot while at school.

...unless your trade is "red" (ie. very low numbers of people) so they are loathe to let people leave the trade, untrained or not. 

OP, if you declined RMC I don't know if they'll take you again this year.  Are you set on a paid university program?  If not (and you have the funds to do so), go to university on your own dime and apply for Pilot again next time. 

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Have a strong desire to be a Pilot in Canadian forces. Where can I find more information about Salaries and benefits of various Pilot roles.

Appreciate all responses in advance!

Thanks

Back