• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

No..  I would say more like Saint John..It is like the only beer we drink down here..If you don't drink alpine down here your not from Saint John.hahaha..My boyfreind in Saint Jean right now.He always tell me how much he wants it..

I loved alpine when I drank. My mom has lived all over and it sounds like what she said is true only New Brunswicker like alpine.

When i'm in Greenwood i drink Labatt Wildcat, just so absolutely everything about my stay sucks.

Has anyone tried a Schwarzbier? Nice rich, dark, strong beer with a nice hearty and full chocolatey coffee flavour.

It puts hair on your chest!  8)

:piper:

Sam Adams Black Lager is okay... but the Germans make it better.

For anyone who travels to New York state on occasion, there a great little microbrewery in Rochester called The Rohrbach Brewing Company.

Unfortunately, it's only available in select locations in New York state.  I highly recommend the Scotch Ale.

Big Beef said:
Has anyone tried a Schwarzbier? Nice rich, dark, strong beer with a nice hearty and full chocolatey coffee flavour.

It puts hair on your chest!  8)

:piper:

Sam Adams Black Lager is okay... but the Germans make it better.

Often passed over are their Festive brews. Sam Adams is a reliable tastey brew. Ilike for Schwarbier ...If theres anything left game time  in 2hrs

Enjoying some of Propeller's fine Pilsener this evening

Kilkenny in the winter, and Harp in the summer (or when I'm going for quantity). 

One of my friends is a navy-guy and he was mentioning to me that they have (IIRC) $1 beers on board the ships, so naturally this thread made me wonder as to what brand(s) are available in the vending machines?

Any sailors that would like to shed some light on this?

It's been awhile since I've posted on here but I figured this was as a good a topic as any.Domestic I prefer Keith's but I tend to drink many imports over anything else.I'll usually do a taste of the world @ the LCBO,picking such brands as Warsteiner(the dark is very good),Caledonia 80,Gosser,Kronenburg 1664,Bavaria,LECH,Pilsner Urquell,etc.

I was in Austria in May of this year and drank my fair share of Gosser and Steigl,but given that the friends I stayed with lived in the province of Styria I developed a taste for Puntigamer,plus it helps when the average bottle size over there is 500ml.

Disclaimer! (personal opinion only)

I drink beer like artillery is employed.....wait...hear me out...

Get a good 6-pack, or buy by singles to get that tasty beer....I recommend anyone in the HRM go to Garrison Brewing and get some "Jalapeno Ale".....if you like spicy food....and tasty beer, this is the way to go.

After that 6-pack, you've just walked 'er in.

Once the small amount of really, really tasty beer is gone......you lay out the HE..(ie: Bud, Coors, Keith's, whatever)...that's when you're firing for effect.

You're not gonna taste anything past beer 4 anyways...... ;D

edit for spelling.

Hammer Sandwich said:
Disclaimer! (personal opinion only)

I drink beer like artillery is employed.....wait...hear me out...

Get a good 6-pack, or buy by singles to get that tasty beer....I recommend anyone in the HRM go to Garrison Brewing and get some "Jalapeno Ale".....if you like spicy food....and tasty beer, this is the way to go.

After that 6-pack, you've just walked 'er in.

Once the small amount of really, really tasty beer is gone......you lay out the HE..(ie: Bud, Coors, Keith's, whatever)...that's when you're firing for effect.

You're not gonna taste anything past beer 4 anyways...... ;D

edit for spelling.

Hmmmm.  Quality, then quantity, while saving money with the lower end as well.  This is a concept that is well thought out and may be worth a try. 

Spanky said:
Hmmmm.  Quality, then quantity, while saving money with the lower end as well.  This is a concept that is well thought out and may be worth a try.

You get it, man!
I keep tryin' to tell people..(point to head)...this ain't jus' a friggin' hat rack!
You get good, sweet, "Brewer's Craft" taste...but you can still get tight.

(Christ...If only I were this bright at work..I'd be...well...still probably a nobody..but SMARTER!)

recceguy said:
Newcastle Brown.......in a can, unless I can find it on tap.

Got introduced to that Saturday night, very good.

But came here gripe over there being no Kokanne Gold anywhere in Ontario. Going to get my fill once I land in Alberta for the Calgary Stampede

Back