• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

Great stuff except for this:

Hammer Sandwich said:
I recommend anyone in the HRM go to Garrison Brewing and get some "Jalapeno Ale"...

Two words that do not belong anywhere near beer:
-Garrison
-Jalepeno

Think about it, man! I like microbrews but that Garrison is the worst swill I have ever had (save for some white beer in Wndsor, Ontario) and jalapeno? I mean come on!

Everything else about that method is solid though.

Scott said:
Great stuff except for this:

-Garrison
-Jalepeno

Think about it, man! I like microbrews but that Garrison is the worst swill I have ever had (save for some white beer in Wndsor, Ontario) and jalapeno? I mean come on!

Everything else about that method is solid though.

Denis Leary Locked n' Loaded- "Cranberry Ale! Cranberry NUT CRUNCH F^&#ING ALE! Cranberries and beer do not go together! One's for bladder infections, one's for getting DRUNK!"

I think of this every time I drink a micro brew haha

EDIT *

For some comic relief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpKdOZuB66o

Scott said:
-Garrison
-Jalepeno

Hahaha.......yeah, my buddy got me my first six-pack of the stuff, and when I offered him one, he
just shook his head and made the "DO NOT WANT" face.

He did finally have a sip, and he described is as "tastes like a Mexican food burp."

I still like it, though.

Fine if you like it, I've learned that you can't knock someone's tastes.

To me the stuff would be like Ten Penney - take it to parties so it doesn't get stolen/bummed from you.

For those in the HRM, I advise a trip to the Rogue's Roost.

missing1 said:
La Cerveza De Costa Rica,  Imperial

Personally I would prefer a Pilsen or possibly a Bavaria, but a cold Imperial does go down nice after a day on the Playa or a night in Gringo Gulch in San Jose.

imperial.jpg

238715423_4bdeb1c8cb.jpg

Scott said:
To me the stuff would be like Ten Penney - take it to parties so it doesn't get stolen/bummed from you.

Y'know, that's been following me around since I left Alberta.....

Me:"Hey, wanna Pilsner?"

Anyone:"Yea...wait...Pil?.....noooo thanks, I'll just die of thirst instead".

Me:"Well, I got some Extra Old Stock, too...you want one of those?"

Anyone:..."......I told you already....."

Maybe I should take a hint about my taste in beer.  ;)

So far, I prefer Alexander Keith and similar beers. Pretty much anything that does not taste too strong and too beer like, yet still have the same Canadian alcohol content. If the place have Cider, I would chose that over anything unless the cost is prohibitive in comparison.

Cheap Beer wise, I prefer Pabst Blue Ribbon.

The beer gods smiled today.  In a tiny beer store out in a small town in the middle of nowhere Alberta, I found Sam Adams' Boston Lager.  They are now sold out.

These days, any kinds of IPA/Keiths type, or Coors light....mostly Coors light as it's easiest on the pocketbook and landlord isn;t the best job ever

Lucky is good, and it's cheap.  it tastes fine to me, not sure what it is similar to, but I drink Blue Light other times, and can't tell the diff.
Lucky is fine by me...

<;~)'

Cat said:
These days, any kinds of IPA/Keiths type, or Coors light....mostly Coors light as it's easiest on the pocketbook and landlord isn;t the best job ever

I don't drink it, personally - but when I'm going to be venturing to southern Ontario to visit family, I have a standing order to first take a trip across the bridge to the Costco in Gatineau, where they sell these neat 55-packs of Coors Light for ~$50 + deposit.  It doesn't get much cheaper than that....  :)

SuzenM said:
Lucky is good, and it's cheap.  it tastes fine to me, not sure what it is similar to, but I drink Blue Light other times, and can't tell the diff.
Lucky is fine by me...

<;~)'

Its cheap for a reason. But taste is taste, knock yourself out.

Anyone here try Delirium/ Pink Elephant?

I find the Sam Adam's just a wee bit expensive, even for a treat...at the rates the NSLC are charging it makes Guinness cheaper!

Old Style Pilsener? Me likey. Happy boy when they started selling it here.

Scott said:

I second that motion!
Just wish it was available in more variety than single tall-cans, though.

Scott said:
I find the Sam Adam's just a wee bit expensive, even for a treat...at the rates the NSLC are charging it makes Guinness cheaper!

You mean Lethbridge Pil, with the bunnies and trains and planes on the label?  Decent Saturday afternoon mow the lawn kind of beer, if ice cold.

One and the same!

Kat Stevens said:
Decent Saturday afternoon mow the lawn kind of beer, if ice cold.

That cannot be stressed enough!!!!
I love cold Pil, but warm, it tastes like what I would guess sadness would taste like.
(Should someone ever assign flavours to emotions)

-edited for clarity

Back