• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

I found Okanagan at the NSLC. Not bad at all.

Tried two brands in Columbia when we were there last month.  Aguila and Colombian Club.  Both very very smooth beers, delicious cold.

Aguila is excellent, which is good because it's just about the only beer you can get there.

I can't believe someone mentioned Coors Light in a beer thread  :-X

Let alone that girlie apple juice...cider...stuff  ;) 

Journeyman said:
I can't believe someone mentioned Coors Light in a beer thread  :-X

:nod:

Journeyman said:

Remember I told you my apple juice has a higher alcohol content than your beer?  :nod:

PMedMoe said:
Remember I told you my apple juice has a higher alcohol content than your beer?  :nod:

You know, my buddy, who drinks that battery acid Smirnoff Ice, is always clinging to that same claim about his girly drink - that it's about 7% alcohol and so he must be some sort of drinker because of it.

That doesn't change the fact that he belongs in a skirt when quaffing that vile shit, same goes for cider.

;D

Scott said:
You know, my buddy, who drinks that battery acid Smirnoff Ice, is always clinging to that same claim about his girly drink - that it's about 7% alcohol and so he must be some sort of drinker because of it.

That doesn't change the fact that he belongs in a skirt when quaffing that vile shit, same goes for cider.

;D

Smirnoff Ice.  Yuck.  Well, since I am a girl, I don't feel bad about drinking cider.  ;)  But I don't always wear a skirt.  ;D

I'm reminded of what my dad told me when I gave him something he didn't like: "You can add alcohol to horse piss, it doesn't change the fact that it's horse piss and always will be."

Scott said:

;D

So, do we need to start a "Highlanders for Smirnoff" thread now?

Scott said:
I'm reminded of what my dad told me when I gave him something he didn't like: "You can add alcohol to horse piss, it doesn't change the fact that it's horse piss and always will be."

Oh well.  Everyone has different tastes.  I drank beer for years, just got tired of it.  I still have one (or more) on occasion.

Danjanou said:
Aguila is excellent, which is good because it's just about the only beer you can get there.

I mis-named the other beer.  It was Club Columbia.  A little more oomph, and such not as smooth as Aguila.  I believe Polar was another brand available, but did not try it.  Aguila was my brand of choice.  We had a local pizza one evening (best I've eaten anywhere), that combined with the local beer was a perfect meal.

I discovered a new one...

Fort Garry Brewing

http://www.fortgarry.com/

I'll go out on a limb here. As a sailor, I will say Blue or Keiths...for the first 12....after that, anyone's guess!

jollyjacktar said:
I mis-named the other beer.  It was Club Columbia.  A little more oomph, and such not as smooth as Aguila.  I believe Polar was another brand available, but did not try it.  Aguila was my brand of choice.  We had a local pizza one evening (best I've eaten anywhere), that combined with the local beer was a perfect meal.

Club Colombia,  black and red can IIRC, never really enjoyed it. Polar is from Venezuela but i've seen it in Colombia .

Danjanou said:
Club Colombia,  black and red can IIRC, never really enjoyed it. Polar is from Venezuela but i've seen it in Colombia .

We were of two camps, one camp liked the Club and myself and the others liked the Aguila.  Didn't try the Polar myself but the guys said it was OK.  In Panama some were drinking Red Dog, some the local beers.  I found Guinness Draft for .70 cents a can.  That was my poison, along with a local rum, Ron Abuelo.  Also got to try Red Stripe in Montego Bay, it was pretty good too.

Not exactly my main choice, but good for a hoot now and then. We have a barhere, appropriately named Rock Bottom, that serves Delirium Tremens, a strong pale ale from the Huyghe Brewery in Belgium.

This stuff runs about 9% on a regular day and they say it gets stronger the longer it sits in the keg. You'll never taste the alcohol though. It's a pale, crisp beer that has a meduim taste of hops, a slightly sweet aftertaste and a lingering finish.

It works well with the cajun dusted wings they also serve there.

Oh, and you can get it by the pitcher  ;D

Back