• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Not all kooks are on the right.

"As one might expect, a few Canadian progressives really are blowing out their mental gaskets trying to resolve this contradiction. That includes University of Toronto epidemiologist David Fisman, who made news on August 23 when he stepped down from Ontario’s independent volunteer science table, which he claimed was subject to improper political interference. On Sunday, Fisman announced that he’d unearthed an even more diabolical plan: Noting that a Conservative election slogan is 14 words in length, he deduced this to be a “#dogwhistle” aimed at admirers of a white supremacist terrorist movement. He even provided a Wikipedia link, so we could all read about the Nazi hate carnival that awaits us if we vote for O’Toole."

Jonathan Kay: Why the Canadian left believes kooky theories about coded messages to Nazis

Anyone who decides his vote based on "cheaper housing" policy - of any party - is doomed to be disappointed.

Yes, in regards to that. But the house flipping guy is a nothing burger as far as I’m concerned.
Speaking of nothing burgers it seems like Trudeau isn't too concerned about those recent allegations against his candidate.

women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed except in cases where the accused is a Liberal candidate I guess.

Four female staffers reported to a senior Liberal staffer that Saini, along with his friend and mentee, Tabbara, were acting inappropriately with young female staffers at the holiday party, including "touching" or being "handsy," according to multiple sources.

Naturally you know exactly what I'm thinking.

I'll just add this gem.

“Mr. Saini has shared the processes, there have been rigorous processes undertaken that he has shared the details of,” Trudeau said. “We know that it is extremely important to take any allegation seriously, which we certainly have, and we always will because everyone deserves a safe workplace.”

On Monday, Trudeau appeared to take a different position when asked about Troy Myers, a Conservative candidate in the Nova Scotia riding of Dartmouth-Cole Harbour who stepped down when he was asked to withdraw by the Tories because of an allegation of sexual assault.

Asked on Monday whether he would commit to doing the same, Trudeau replied, “Absolutely.

Speaking of nothing burgers it seems like Trudeau isn't too concerned about those recent allegations against his candidate.

women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed except in cases where the accused is a Liberal candidate I guess.

Naturally you know exactly what I'm thinking.

I'll just add this gem.
That’s isn’t the same guy who was flipping houses just in case you were confusing the two.

I agree. It doesn’t look good.

Of course it's not. Why would you assume I thought it was? I read both articles...
Sorry, just wanted to confirm. To me it looked like you were. Both quotes were lumping both in. Hence the just in case. My bad.

Sorry, just wanted to confirm. To me it looked like you were. Both quotes were lumping both in. Hence the just in case. My bad.

Do you think it's massively hypocritical for Trudeau to say on a Monday that he would commit to removing a member with alligations like that against him and on a Tuesday make excuses why he's infact keeping one on his roster?

Do you think it's massively hypocritical for Trudeau to say on a Monday that he would commit to removing a member with alligations like that against him and on a Tuesday make excuses why he's infact keeping one on his roster?
Absolutely. Do you really think his track record on this indicates he would have done anything else? I thought I was clear when I said I agreed with you. twice.

Altair must be panicking and trying to figure out how he can spin this.

Trudeau wouldn't want to deprive Saini of the opportunity to cry a little and "be better"...he's very considerate that way.

/s

Absolutely. Do you really think his track record on this indicates he would have done anything else? I thought I was clear when I said I agreed with you. twice.
But you're still considering voting in such a way to keep him at the helm?

No need to try to troll someone into an argument. I think we're all adult enough to debate policies but not attack individual posters.

-Milnet.ca Staff

Especially awkward when their indigenous candidate, if elected, gets mistreated and kicked out of the caucus like Trudeau did to another indigenous member of parliament...heck, not just a member of parliament, but a key cabinet minister....
I would agree with you but her being indigenous had nothing to do with her being kicked out of caucus.

I would agree with you but her being indigenous had nothing to do with her being kicked out of caucus.
You're right...it was standing up for principles and following an ethical conduct path...her indigineity was merely another inconvenient element of the Different ExperienceTM.

Back