• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

I feel like people think I'm a LPC voter and need to defend everything Trudeau does
I think you are a partisan liberal supporter. How you vote is a different thing.

I get accused of being an LPC supporter and CPC supporter. Seems to support my middle position.

Yup…see how much LNG (blue line) is exported from Canada to the world? (Same BP link). To quote Jean ‘EH-101’ Chretien….”zero…zip…zilch…nada…”. So much for growing the economy AND helping others “do better” towards the 2050 Paris Accord goals… 😞
View attachment 66746
Some of our NG makes it overseas, via American LNG terminals, with them making the profit. Hopefully LNGCanada continues and starts operating.

I feel like people think I'm a LPC voter and need to defend everything Trudeau does
Because you literally told us you voted PPC specifically to contribute to splitting the right. i guess your riding was already a lock or something. You've been a pretty die hard partisan in favour of the LPC for as long as I can remember you talking politics on this site. That's completely fine, everyone gets their views. but a strategic vote for a PPC spoiler doesn't change your enthusiastic and vociferous defence of the liberals pretty much any time anything comes up.

Some of our NG makes it overseas, via American LNG terminals, with them making the profit. Hopefully LNGCanada continues and starts operating.
No agency I know of attributes secondary flow to energy commodities, per se, but your point is a good one. Just look at Canada’s NG (piped) export to the US then see that the US exports that amount+ and half again as LNG beyond at a high price. It is in the US’ own interests to keep energy flow options from Canada restricted so it shapes a permanently discounted market for our energy, especially if Camada proves it is effectively incapable of exporting energy for its own good.

No agency I know of attributes secondary flow to energy commodities, per se, but your point is a good one. Just look at Canada’s NG (piped) export to the US then see that the US exports that amount+ and half again as LNG beyond at a high price. It is in the US’ own interests to keep energy flow options from Canada restricted so it shapes a permanently discounted market for our energy, especially if Camada proves it is effectively incapable of exporting energy for its own good.
Coastal gaslink comes online in 2023, so we should get export capacity from kitimat BC then.

Official numbers say 2.1 billion cubic feet per day, with possibily of expansion to 5 billion.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know if 2.1-5 billion cubic feet is big or small when it comes to LNG.

Why on earth wouldn't people believe that though? You've been broadcasting support for the LPC and Trudeau for years. You appear to take pleasure in "wins" for Trudeau (which is totally fine) but with a healthy dose of in your face.

You were so upset at Trudeaus treatment at the last election (by yours truly suggesting the LPC would utilize the rock throwing incident to their advantage, I believe) that you had to take a time out from posting for the whole election so you wouldn't get banned for your responses. That's serious stuff.

Now out of the blue it seems important to you to broadcast you're a PPC voter. Strange, but I'm probably just overly sensitive 🦚

Why on earth wouldn't people believe that though? You've been broadcasting support for the LPC and Trudeau for years. You appear to take pleasure in "wins" for Trudeau (which is totally fine) but with a healthy dose of in your face.

You were so upset at Trudeaus treatment at the last election (by yours truly suggesting the LPC would utilize the rock throwing incident to their advantage, I believe) that you had to take a time out from posting for the whole election so you wouldn't get banned for your responses. That's serious stuff.

Now out of the blue it seems important to you to broadcast you're a PPC voter. Strange, but I'm probably just overly sensitive 🦚
Well, I've stated my reasons for voting PPC, even though my preferred party preferences lies elsewhere, but I did figure that one benefit of being a PPC voter would be not needing to defend every little thing the LPC does as I am not a LPC voter.

Coastal gaslink comes online in 2023, so we should get export capacity from kitimat BC then.

Official numbers say 2.1 billion cubic feet per day, with possibily of expansion to 5 billion.

I'm not going to lie, I don't know if 2.1-5 billion cubic feet is big or small when it comes to LNG.

I'm glad you're so optimistic about those timelines.

TC Energy warns CGL pipeline work could be halted

As the LNG Canada project enters its third year of construction, the consortium behind it recently noted some key milestones that have been reached.

But while construction of the LNG terminal itself in Kitimat continues apace, the related Coastal GasLink project that will supply it with natural gas is running into both delays and escalating costs.

TC Energy (TSX:TRP), which is responsible for building the pipeline, recently warned that it may suspend construction activity, if it can’t resolve a dispute it is having with LNG Canada over the project’s escalating costs.

“If a resolution is not reached in the near term, Coastal GasLink may be required to suspend certain key construction activities but would continue with work required for safety reasons and compliance with regulatory requirements.”

I'm glad you're so optimistic about those timelines.

TC Energy warns CGL pipeline work could be halted

As the LNG Canada project enters its third year of construction, the consortium behind it recently noted some key milestones that have been reached.

But while construction of the LNG terminal itself in Kitimat continues apace, the related Coastal GasLink project that will supply it with natural gas is running into both delays and escalating costs.

TC Energy (TSX:TRP), which is responsible for building the pipeline, recently warned that it may suspend construction activity, if it can’t resolve a dispute it is having with LNG Canada over the project’s escalating costs.

“If a resolution is not reached in the near term, Coastal GasLink may be required to suspend certain key construction activities but would continue with work required for safety reasons and compliance with regulatory requirements.”

Better late than never is what my mother always says.

Well, I've stated my reasons for voting PPC, even though my preferred party preferences lies elsewhere, but I did figure that one benefit of being a PPC voter would be not needing to defend every little thing the LPC does as I am not a LPC voter.
No one is forcing you to defend every little thing the LPC does. Not sure where the “need” part comes from lol.

Biden:we're back in!

Regardless, I think China goes from runaway emmisions to maintaining current levels, only because per capita, they still produce less than the Americans by half.

So the Paris accord would still get us to where we need to be to keep global emmisions down and limit the global temperature rise to below 1.5 degrees.

But not with nonsense like let everyone else cut their emmisions and forget about Canada because we can make LNG.

Also, time that could be spent getting towards the Paris target will be spent bickering on making a new framework during which time no progress is being made.

So again, back to politics at hand, there is one way to show that parties have a credible climate plan,reach the Paris accord. And every party is now on board with a carbon tax. Some more aggressive than others, but 338 mps have been elected to a party that supports a price on carbon. Every party agrees with reaching the Paris goal as a bare minimum.

So people here can shit on the carbon tax, shit on Paris accord, but it seems like the political parties have moved past both of these points.

Unless you're a PPC voter like me.
I’m not surprised you criticize the suggestion Canada not need reduce emissions but you are completely silent that China the worlds worst polluter gets a pass while everyone else doesn’t.

I’m not surprised you criticize the suggestion Canada not need reduce emissions but you are completely silent that China the worlds worst polluter gets a pass while everyone else doesn’t.
Because it's slightly more nuanced than that.

Per capita, the west are still the worst.

In terms of total emmisions China is the worst.

If every individual Chinese polluted as much as each individual American for example, china's current emmisions would be FOUR times higher than they currently are.

So the compromise was China maintain their current level. The west would drop.

But that's just the politics behind the deal, the reality is its too late in the game to rip up the current playbook and start a new one from scratch.

Which is why every party in parliament agrees with reaching the Paris accord targets.

Fait accompli mon ami.

Sigh, your posting history has been a litany of defending everything that the LPC has done. I will not re-post them here. But your post above defies credulity.

Sigh, your posting history has been a litany of defending everything that the LPC has done. I will not re-post them here. But your post above defies credulity.
@Jarnhamar this is why I must continue to reiterate that I am a PPC voter :LOL:

Yes, because my post from August 31'st required additional context. Sigh...................

Please put me on "Ignore"
Nah, I like you.

Remius said I nobody is asking me to defend the LPC, I posted what you wrote on Aug 31st as proof that sometimes that does happen.

No need to ignore people over that.

Back