• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

I'm curious where banning firearms and killing sports like 33-gun fits in Carneys invasion combat estimate.
Has anyone considered that the "planning" for an American invasion was most likely a two minute conversation about how we'd be hooped, and the offical government position would be "stand down" the CAF to avoid civilian casualties?

Considering/planning for an event doesn't mean wishing for it. It also doesn't mean the government is full of idiots who think we are going to go full Wolverines and fight back the Red White and Blue menace...

Edit: Every time I go camping I plan for what I will do if a bear comes poking around my tent. Much like Canada against America, I don't have much of a chance beyond making it not worth the bear's time with bear spray and gusto... You know how many times bears have needed to be chased out of my camps? Zero... But I still plan, and pray I don't have to do it.
 
Has anyone considered that the "planning" for an American invasion was most likely a two minute conversation about how we'd be hooped, and the offical government position would be "stand down" the CAF to avoid civilian casualties?

Considering/planning for an event doesn't mean wishing for it. It also doesn't mean the government is full of idiots who think we are going to go full Wolverines and fight back the Red White and Blue menace...

Edit: Every time I go camping I plan for what I will do if a bear comes poking around my tent. Much like Canada against America, I don't have much of a chance beyond making it not worth the bear's time with bear spray and gusto... You know how many times bears have needed to be chased out of my camps? Zero... But I still plan, and pray I don't have to do it.
I never considered our plan was to surrender, I guess that works though.
 
Reminds me of the fabled LSVW criteria getting rewritten a couple times so it would pass.

Carney government is inconsistent in how it labels spending, budget watchdog says​



Ottawa's fiscal watchdog says the way the Liberal government defines certain types of spending in its budget framework can be inconsistent and contradictory.


The budget office says the government is improving fiscal transparency in some ways by offering explanations of how certain tax incentives, loan guarantees and other measures — the kind that normally would fall outside traditional accounting definitions of capital spending — are helping to meet its fiscal anchor.
 
Nano's has a new poll, CPC under 30% liberals about to breach 50%


Liason showing similar numbers.


Compared to the vastly different Abacus poll from yesterday.

 
Interesting shift:

"Youth are now the single most Conservative demographic in Canada and an election decided exclusively by voters under 30 would be an easy Tory victory...

This means that an election decided exclusively by Canadian 20-somethings would likely install a Conservative majority government. It also means that a voter under 30 is second only to an Albertan in the category of Canadians most likely to vote Conservative.
Article content
Among seniors, meanwhile, the precise opposite phenomenon is underway. Abacus found that Canadians over 60 are endorsing the Liberals at a near record-high of 59 per cent, against the 26 per cent still backing the Tories."



 
Interesting shift:

"Youth are now the single most Conservative demographic in Canada and an election decided exclusively by voters under 30 would be an easy Tory victory...

This means that an election decided exclusively by Canadian 20-somethings would likely install a Conservative majority government. It also means that a voter under 30 is second only to an Albertan in the category of Canadians most likely to vote Conservative.
Article content
Among seniors, meanwhile, the precise opposite phenomenon is underway. Abacus found that Canadians over 60 are endorsing the Liberals at a near record-high of 59 per cent, against the 26 per cent still backing the Tories."



Not surprised, youth are exposed to tech and social media more. Which means higher exposure to misinformation which targets conservative leaning voters more
 
Not surprised, youth are exposed to tech and social media more. Which means higher exposure to misinformation which targets conservative leaning voters more

Ha! If only everyone would refrain from media except CBC and CTV, then we would all know only the truth.
 
Not surprised, youth are exposed to tech and social media more. Which means higher exposure to misinformation which targets conservative leaning voters more
Show me the evidence of that assertion. It sounds a little PIDOOMA to me.....
 
Sure, heres a couple studies


First article is solely focused on public health issues...as is the Academic Journal. Not sure how that provides much evidence to support your original assertion. Second article seems to be a form guide for a BC College.

Anyway.....
 
Back
Top