
Yes lots of new kit. I guess no toques or gloves though with the fleece. Apparently purple trades can't get it issued to them.It does! I need this and the new boots. I'm falling behind.
Although I did buy the CANEX tacti-cool jacket.
I guess no toques or gloves though with the fleece.
Apparently purple trades can't get it issued to them.
Ya, but you have stores magic.
I'm just reporting what someone is saying online. A met tech was told its only for sailors. It might of been the WC or a stores that's working on bad info. I picked up mine a couple of days ago, real deep pockets.That's not true. I'm purple and I can get it.
I'm just reporting what someone is saying online. A met tech was told its only for sailors. It might of been the WC or a stores that's working on bad info. I picked up mine a couple of days ago, real deep pockets.
All those aircrew hanging around on board HMCS have been a bad influence.
I've heard of foolishness like this before out in Halifax, not too surprising.I'm just reporting what someone is saying online. A met tech was told its only for sailors. It might of been the WC or a stores that's working on bad info. I picked up mine a couple of days ago, real deep pockets.
I've heard of foolishness like this before out in Halifax, not too surprising.
Some Met Techs in Halifax were told they couldn't get the black goretex rain jackets for use with NCDs, because they had the CADPAT ones. I had one issued without problem in Victoria.
Might swing by Esquimalt clothing stores and see what the story is out here.
RCN DEU, or RCN managed occupations? Sometimes the two are confused, and hilarity results.Ya these fall under the Navy Basic SOI. Which means you have to wear the RCN uniform to get one.
And as they are not for shipboard use the RCAF and CA folks have no entitlement.
RCN DEU, or RCN managed occupations? Sometimes the two are confused, and hilarity results.
(Not just RCN, to be fair; I once spent the better part of a week arguing with VCDS CFSUO and Army Longue Pointe about DEU shirt sleeve shirts, and how no, a day of TD to Montreal to pick up three shirts was in fact an unreasonable solution).
Yea makes sense. CA scales work the same way although edge cases exist (we give CA winter kit to anyone posted to JTFN)Ya these fall under the Navy Basic SOI. Which means you have to wear the RCN uniform to get one.
And as they are not for shipboard use the RCAF and CA folks have no entitlement.
The issue above is just a bad policy not an SOI issue. You were entitled to the dress shirts regardless, it was the who services you that was an issueRCN DEU, or RCN managed occupations? Sometimes the two are confused, and hilarity results.
(Not just RCN, to be fair; I once spent the better part of a week arguing with VCDS CFSUO and Army Longue Pointe about DEU shirt sleeve shirts, and how no, a day of TD to Montreal to pick up three shirts was in fact an unreasonable solution).
Yea makes sense. CA scales work the same way although edge cases exist (we give CA winter kit to anyone posted to JTFN)
I don't know the RCN scales well but I suspect they may have a subscale for when you are on ship that does something similar to the CA's
Part of the issue I think is overzealous supply techs with too much leeway. At least reserve side its all too common to have to advocate on behalf of junior members to get what theyre owed at base clothing stores. Not even talking gucci kit like DICE helmets or NEOs, but things like rucks.Yea makes sense. CA scales work the same way although edge cases exist (we give CA winter kit to anyone posted to JTFN)
The issue above is just a bad policy not an SOI issue. You were entitled to the dress shirts regardless, it was the who services you that was an issue
Usually there are no occupation restrictions on general SOI entitlements. If you are CA you get it for general use. What you generally see more is restrictions based on roles within that environment. For example there are several sub scales (combat equipment and arctic come to mind) of the CA's SOI that exclude folks based on the formation/unit they belong too. It is a broad sword and edge cases or weird units make it impossible to make the SOI anything more than guidance.
I don't know the RCN scales well but I suspect they may have a subscale for when you are on ship that does something similar to the CA's
The only problems I ever had with clothing had nothing to do with SOI and everything to do with SOB Sup Techs.The issue above is just a bad policy not an SOI issue. You were entitled to the dress shirts regardless, it was the who services you that was an issue